***2015 Recruiting***

He claims the class will be up to 20 recruits - with only 10 scholarship seniors on the roster any ideas where the space might come from?

I've questioned this often as well. Most people just say a blanket "there will be attrition" which there probably will be but that seems like a lot to me. If Gregory leaves that would be one. After that, it would probably be a few guys who've been here four years but aren't in the mix (which we saw a couple of this year). Sutton and Pirman would be two candidates. We have six juniors on the offensive line so that might be a possibility but they all seem to be in the mix as of now. Possibly Kevin Williams if he gets hurt again. But even 4-5 of those guys would be quite a few. As for our Sophomores, they all played significant snaps last year except for the two offensive linemen so there don't seem to be many candidates there.

I suppose there could be a couple surprises but I'm not sure how we'll have more than 15-16 from what I can see.

Anyone planning to enroll early so that it counts against the previous year?

Lee, Anderson, and Dillman all mentioned looking into early enrollment.

He claims the class will be up to 20 recruits - with only 10 scholarship seniors on the roster any ideas where the space might come from?

I've questioned this often as well. Most people just say a blanket "there will be attrition" which there probably will be but that seems like a lot to me. If Gregory leaves that would be one. After that, it would probably be a few guys who've been here four years but aren't in the mix (which we saw a couple of this year). Sutton and Pirman would be two candidates. We have six juniors on the offensive line so that might be a possibility but they all seem to be in the mix as of now. Possibly Kevin Williams if he gets hurt again. But even 4-5 of those guys would be quite a few. As for our Sophomores, they all played significant snaps last year except for the two offensive linemen so there don't seem to be many candidates there.

I suppose there could be a couple surprises but I'm not sure how we'll have more than 15-16 from what I can see.

If Drew Brown comes in and takes the placekicker job I could see Bondi leaving.

This is good. We also have to include some members of the last recruiting class who aren't going to make it (L. Stewart) and might not make it (M. Harrison).

Stewart is already off my list but you're right that Harrison would open up another spot.

So, the math for class looks like: 10 seniors, 2 recruits (possibly) not making it to campus, 3 players who left last year (Vestal, Guy, and Okuyemi) = 14-15 scholarships available for this class. Feel free to correct this if I'm missing something!

With 'attrition', I would think 18 would be on the high end. Mavric is probably right with a 16-17 person class.

This is good. We also have to include some members of the last recruiting class who aren't going to make it (L. Stewart) and might not make it (M. Harrison).

Stewart is already off my list but you're right that Harrison would open up another spot.

So, the math for class looks like: 10 seniors, 2 recruits (possibly) not making it to campus, 3 players who left last year (Vestal, Guy, and Okuyemi) = 14-15 scholarships available for this class. Feel free to correct this if I'm missing something!

With 'attrition', I would think 18 would be on the high end. Mavric is probably right with a 16-17 person class.

I have us with 10 seniors, one recruit (Harrison, Stewart is already off my list) possibly not making it and currently two open scholarships (counting Burtch on scholarship). I have Vestal, Guy and Okuyemi already off the list. So we have 12 openings right now and 13 if we lose Harrison. Anything else would have to be players leaving early.

Here is my spreadsheet if you're interested.

• Fire 1

I have us with 10 seniors, one recruit (Harrison, Stewart is already off my list) possibly not making it and currently two open scholarships (counting Burtch on scholarship). I have Vestal, Guy and Okuyemi already off the list. So we have 12 openings right now and 13 if we lose Harrison. Anything else would have to be players leaving early.

+1. That clears it up a lot!

This means our class is currently 80% full... pretty crazy. I would have to think the staff is planning on taking more than 3 players based on our offers. They must be anticipating some serious openings in the coming year.

Were we at the 85 limit to begin with though? I thought I read somewhere that we were at around 80 at the beginning of last year because they wanted to hold some spots for this year. I could be and probably am way off on this but it would also explain the figured numbers they are throwing out.

Were we at the 85 limit to begin with though? I thought I read somewhere that we were at around 80 at the beginning of last year because they wanted to hold some spots for this year. I could be and probably am way off on this but it would also explain the figured numbers they are throwing out.

If all the commits make it, we have 83 given out currently. I'm sure the other two will go to current roster spots, usually to seniors so they can be used again the next year. Thus, we have 12 open spots currently - 13 if Harrison doesn't make it. Any additional ones will have to be from guys leaving before their eligibility is exhausted.