7 Walk ons receive scholarships

All deserving IMO, love this.

My thoughts exactly. This is what separates us from every other school. The fact that we have ~ 10 less scholarship players than the maximum allows us to reward all those "5 heart guys", as I like to call them. They may not be 5-stars - heck, they might not even be 1-stars - but they do things the right way, working hard and competing every single day.

Like Bo says, it's all about the process. And this is just another step in the process that gives us a competitive advantage over everyone else, and it will eventually pay huge dividends.

Pelini said those additions put us right at the 85 scholarship limit.

Ernest Suttles still counts toward the 85 and (I would guess) Brown as well since it was after July 1.

If that's true it really sucks. Because it means that two deserving guys did not get scholarships.

Ernest Suttles still counts toward the 85 and (I would guess) Brown as well since it was after July 1.

If that's true it really sucks. Because it means that two deserving guys did not get scholarships.

I think there is a difference between guys kicked off the team and guys that are going on medical hardship. I think the Brown and Suttles (along with Mixon) became available for guys to use this fall.

I think there is a difference between guys kicked off the team and guys that are going on medical hardship. I think the Brown and Suttles (along with Mixon) became available for guys to use this fall.

Pelini said Suttles still counts so his scholarship could not be used. He was vague on Brown but I would think it would be the same.