Most realistic preview of 2013 Huskers I've seen yet.

This team is one of four teams with a realistic shot at winning the Big Ten; I have them third in the league, just behind Michigan State in the Legends

Pretty good article. But the writer lost a lot of credibility with his Sparty prediction. Really?? Sparty??? :facepalm:

This team is one of four teams with a realistic shot at winning the Big Ten; I have them third in the league, just behind Michigan State in the Legends

Pretty good article. But the writer lost a lot of credibility with his Sparty prediction. Really?? Sparty??? :facepalm:

I agree, he lost me there. But I think he was pretty spot on with his break down of our team. If we're actually as good as he claims we could/should be, the MSU pick is all the more idiotic.

I agree, he lost me there. But I think he was pretty spot on with his break down of our team. If we're actually as good as he claims we could/should be, the MSU pick is all the more idiotic.

Yeah, I think he hit on the key of this year's defense--our front seven. And in particular, our down linemen. The 2013 Blackshirts could be anything from solid to crappy, depending on how effective the big guys up front are. Really, there's just no way of predicting what we got. And we won't really know until about two games into November.

Probably the most spot on comment:

And the greatest irony is that every detractor who bemoaned the Cornhuskers' lack of offensive ingenuity in 2009 has since switched tunes, finding a new sticking point with Nebraska's unproven defense while praising this sublime offense. In a way, Pelini can't win for losing. Unless he wins, period, and wins big enough to silence the skeptics – so check back in four months.

This was a great in-depth preview article for this season. The one part that blew my mind was this information listed below:

"— Tidbit: The Cornhuskers have won at least nine games in every season since 1962 but six: 1967-68, 2002, 2004-5 and 2007. Just as a comparison, let's hold the rest of college football's historical elite to the same standard. Alabama has 31 such seasons, if you include 1993, over that same span; Georgia has 24; LSU 21; Michigan 30; Notre Dame 22; Ohio State 31, if we count the wins vacated in 2010; Oklahoma 28; Penn State 30, if you count each season since vacated by the NCAA; USC 24, if you include 2005; Tennessee 23; and Texas 29. Over the past 49 years, NU's five Legends Division brethren – Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota and Northwestern – have combined for 53 nine-win seasons, with 30 from the Wolverines; the Cornhuskers have 45 alone."

That is simply an amazing stat when looking back at our previous history and comparing it to the other giants of college football. There is No Place Like Nebraska!

This was a great in-depth preview article for this season. The one part that blew my mind was this information listed below:

"— Tidbit: The Cornhuskers have won at least nine games in every season since 1962 but six: 1967-68, 2002, 2004-5 and 2007. Just as a comparison, let's hold the rest of college football's historical elite to the same standard. Alabama has 31 such seasons, if you include 1993, over that same span; Georgia has 24; LSU 21; Michigan 30; Notre Dame 22; Ohio State 31, if we count the wins vacated in 2010; Oklahoma 28; Penn State 30, if you count each season since vacated by the NCAA; USC 24, if you include 2005; Tennessee 23; and Texas 29. Over the past 49 years, NU's five Legends Division brethren – Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota and Northwestern – have combined for 53 nine-win seasons, with 30 from the Wolverines; the Cornhuskers have 45 alone."

That is simply an amazing stat when looking back at our previous history and comparing it to the other giants of college football. There is No Place Like Nebraska!

That is quite impressive if you ask me.........

That was last season's prediction for Nebraska, and with that defense that was a reasonable pick for Sparty.