Why Wyoming Can Beat Nebraska - from the blogs at WyoNation

knapplc

Barely worth replying to, except a few Huskers believe it, too.

Taylor Martinez is no Tom Brady, but he sees the field, checks off receivers and improvises his passing game better than most dual threat quarterbacks. Which is what makes him a dual threat quarterback.

I know some Husker faithful abhor the "take what the defense gives you" philosophy, but I think we have that luxury. Nebraska can come out with a big dose of Abdullah and a few high percentage passes and never call a single running play for Taylor. We can go pass happy for awhile and loosen up the linebackers for the running game. We've got different faces and styles, making the running game less predictible. We can save the read option for the fourth quater when they've stopped gearing up for it.

Uh.

So...

How do they plan on "forcing" us to pass? By loading the box - thus giving us one on one coverage everywhere else with vastly superior athletes? Makes sense...

Or they can double every receiver and we can just give the ball to Ameer/Newby all day long.

Doesn't seem like a great plan...

Uh.

So...

How do they plan on "forcing" us to pass? By loading the box - thus giving us one on one coverage everywhere else with vastly superior athletes? Makes sense...

Or they can double every receiver and we can just give the ball to Ameer/Newby all day long.

Doesn't seem like a great plan...

thats what I would do if I was the Wyo coach, even if Neb scores, better than having them control the ball all game.

And Wyoming does have a few good athletes.

Wyoming can win against Nebraska if the Huskers shoot themselves in the foot a hundred times. Period.

Yeah, you guys would never lose to a 6 or 7 win team like Northwestern, Iowa State or CU.

Just in case you guys don't remember, Wyoming is right next door. A lot of us are kind of familiar with Neb and their history.

Wyoming can win against Nebraska if the Huskers shoot themselves in the foot a hundred times. Period.

Yeah, you guys would never lose to a 6 or 7 win team like Northwestern, Iowa State or CU.

Just in case you guys don't remember, Wyoming is right next door. A lot of us are kind of familiar with Neb and their history.

I lol'd the team that lost to Cal Poly and had 4 wins want's to talk sh#t.

• Fire 1

When you get to six or seven wins, let us know.

• Fire 4

Those are 6 or 7 win teams in a major conference. That's a little different