Adam Taylor to Redshirt

This thread is really weird to me. A true freshman redshirts and people are wondering what went wrong. This is what should have happened with Heard, Abdullah, and Green. I'm guessing Taylor just happened to be mature enough to handle taking a redshirt. I recall it being said that Heard and Green insisted on playing in their freshmen years and that it was their decision. The only time we needed both of them was in the diamond package, which we rarely used. And IIRC it was never both Heard and Green anyway...

. Cause he's that good. Best RB this university has signed in over a decade IMO. He doesn't tear his ACL he's a 5 star no questions asked...and he doesn't come here.

This is my opinion, not only based off film of the way he runs the ball and his skill set, but also his work ethic, and freakish strength.

That's encouraging since I rarely follow recruiting. I hope you are right about his ability and all that. The article from the link states that it was a family decision with the coaches. So I take it at face value. Nothing wrong with redshirting day one with all our backs healthy and good to go, even if he has the most potential of all our RBs.

The more I think about it, the more I like this decision and realize how blessed we are to have this luxury. Adam is going to be an every-down back for us. He would not have won us any extra games this year, barring injury in front of him. He will lead us to victory in a lot of games in his fifth year now. Just gave himself one more year of considerable contribution and one more year as "the man" after Ameer departs.

This thread is really weird to me. A true freshman redshirts and people are wondering what went wrong. This is what should have happened with Heard, Abdullah, and Green. I'm guessing Taylor just happened to be mature enough to handle taking a redshirt. I recall it being said that Heard and Green insisted on playing in their freshmen years and that it was their decision. The only time we needed both of them was in the diamond package, which we rarely used. And IIRC it was never both Heard and Green anyway...

. Cause he's that good. Best RB this university has signed in over a decade IMO. He doesn't tear his ACL he's a 5 star no questions asked...and he doesn't come here.

This is my opinion, not only based off film of the way he runs the ball and his skill set, but also his work ethic, and freakish strength.

Not saying you're wrong, but 24/7, ESPN, Scout, and Rivals all disagree with you. They don't think he's the best running back NU signed this last class, let alone in over a decade.

Not saying you're wrong, but 24/7, ESPN, Scout, and Rivals all disagree with you. They don't think he's the best running back NU signed this last class, let alone in over a decade.

There have been many around the program that have said he is and I agree with them.

There have been many around the program that have said he is and I agree with them.

Like Who?

Read again. He tore his ACL. Watch some film. Do some research. Come to your own conclusion. Don't be a star gazer.

Read again. He tore his ACL. Watch some film. Do some research. Come to your own conclusion. Don't be a star gazer.

I can read fine. You said if he doesn't tear his ACL he's a 5 star. Whether he's a 5 star or not has no bearing on how good of a player he is or can be. Just because he hypothetically could have been a 5 star doesn't mean he's the best RB we've signed in a decade, ex: Marlon Lucky. Who's star gazing now? I've seen his film, he looks solid, but I'm not throwing anyone into "best at his position in last decade" category till we see him play against BCS level opponents.

I can read fine. You said if he doesn't tear his ACL he's a 5 star. Whether he's a 5 star or not has no bearing on how good of a player he is or can be. Just because he hypothetically could have been a 5 star doesn't mean he's the best RB we've signed in a decade, ex: Marlon Lucky. Who's star gazing now? I've seen his film, he looks solid, but I'm not throwing anyone into "best at his position in last decade" category till we see him play against BCS level opponents.

Rumors where Osborne was telling boosters this after he signed.

I think you are missing the context. The way I always phrase it is "the best high school running back prospect we have signed since Ahman Green." That is not anyone saying he is better than anyone who has had a carry at NU. Just that he is better to this point.

I think you are missing the context. The way I always phrase it is "the best high school running back prospect we have signed since Ahman Green." That is not anyone saying he is better than anyone who has had a carry at NU. Just that he is better to this point.

Here we go again....

That's fine. I have my opinion, I'm no expert scout, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. Happens to fit what I love in a RB to a tee. I said it way before I even thought we had a chance with this kid. I've never seen you in the recruiting forum, but I follow recruiting religiously, I'm not just pulling it out of thin air because I'm a Husker homer, I think he's the real deal.

Here we go again....

Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-simpsons-7414427-320-240.gif

I think part of the reason for this move is that Newby played in offense much more similar to the one that we currently run at Nebraska. So he's got the advantage of being more familiar with the schemes, playbook, philosophy, etc. So it makes sense to give Taylor an extra season to get up to speed, so he can hit the ground running next season and not blow a year of eligibility while he's really just trying to learn the offense.