Clowney is the most overrated player in the history of College Football

Nobody

Wow. My thursday afternoon [work] rant is making me look like a genius right now (humbly kidding of course). I was ranting about how that michigan hit is iterally the most over hyped hit in the history of all of college football.

Here's a big RAOTFGLMFAO @ all of you Clowney song singers. hahaha..... you DO realize that there's no way that he is going in the first round overall now, right?

Jack_sad.gif

Smh.gif

video: http://scores.espn.g...ameId=332412579

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall of the ESPN production meeting. I would have to guess the producers and executives offered cash bonuses to the cameramen and talking heads to either mention his name or cut to him doing anything. I am not sure I have seen such a love fest on a player during game one of a season before. Pretty pathetic.

Clowney is probably not overrated but I think ESPN has hyped him to Supernova status that anything less than 30 tackles, 10 TFL, 5 sacks, a safety, INT, fumble recovery, per game is going to seem like it was a bad game.

That being said, he did have just 3 tackles.

The presentation was ridiculously over-the-top. Clowney is a great player and a tremendous athlete, but it looks like he can be held in check by a good left tackle. Anytime UNC did something good it was because Clowney was off the field (which is completely wrong--Clowney may have had something to do with it, but with the night he had I doubt he would've made much of a difference).

I didn't need to know where Clowney was at all times.

They've propped him to such a status as that of an elite qb or rb who could have a huge effect on a game because of the freqency of which they are involved. Clowny is not overrated. He is a tremendous player and is a phenomenal physical speciman. But the thing is, from the position that he plays (DE), he is not going to have near the effect on a game that they are making him out to have. Even guys like Suh and Sapp had more impact because they played the middle of the line. All the offense has to do is run around the opposite end of Clowny and he's essentially completely eliminated from the play. It's really that simple. Overrated? No. Over-hyped? Definitely yes. I'm gonna hold back some of my negative judgement for a few more games. He really may have been sick. But if he wasnt, his lack of conditioning is not only irresponsible, but it is also flat out embarrasing. No excuse for that. He also appeared to me last night as a player that knew in his head and heart that he really didnt have to be there. But again, we'll see as time goes by. There's 12-13 more games to go.

• Fire 1

Wow. My thursday afternoon [work] rant is making me look like a genius right now (humbly kidding of course). I was ranting about how that michigan hit is iterally the most over hyped hit in the history of all of college football.

Was watching SportsCenter yesterday during their long segment covering the NFL/former players settlement over concussions and head trauma. When they finished that segment, the were going to go to commercial so they teased their next story: the South Carolina/Clemson game. What play did they show to tease it? The helmet-removing Clowney hit. The irony gave me a Sensible Chuckle.

• Fire 1

That being said, he did have just 3 tackles.

The presentation was ridiculously over-the-top. Clowney is a great player and a tremendous athlete, but it looks like he can be held in check by a good left tackle. Anytime UNC did something good it was because Clowney was off the field (which is completely wrong--Clowney may have had something to do with it, but with the night he had I doubt he would've made much of a difference).

I didn't need to know where Clowney was at all times.

Exactly.

ESECPN is working extremely hard to get the SEC the first defensive lineman as a Heisman winner.

He is a very good player. But, this is going to be pathetic all year long.

Anyone notice him on the sidelines sucking wind during the 2nd half? I'm not saying he's not good, but there is no way he'll live up to the hype.

That being said, he was pretty disruptive and chasing the QB all night, even if he didn't get sacks.

Reminds me of Warren Sapp back in the 90's. I'll never forget the image of him down on one knee fighting for breath in between plays. Clowney is just another example of an over-hyped player. I'm not saying that Sapp wasn't talented and I think Clowney is a very talented player too.