What we learned today...

walksalone

I learned that it is the same old sh#t with posters blowing a gasket about everything when the game isn't 152-3.

You really think this was about the score? Wyoming could have quit when we got up a few scores in the second half...what did they do? They kept fighting. They outplayed us in terms of execution. We just have the athletes to overcome that. There's no excuse for the lack of execution that Bo Pelini's teams show year after year. How many big plays did we have to give up on defense.

Honestly I don't know why I'm arguing with you,. On the flip side...it's the same old sh#t with sunshine pumpers burrying their heads in the sand and calling a win a win...the same thing that I'm afraid our headcoach is starting to do.

• Fire 1

If they are so talented, that shouldnt have happened, regardless of experience.

You are implying talent is more important than experience? Did you see the Ohio State or Alabama game? Ohio State replaced one offensive lineman and Buffalo bullied him. Khalil Mack and co. were all over Miller at one point and would've been down a field goal if not for a penalty called on a turnover. Alabama won 35-10 but if you watched it it was not a decisive win. They replaced most of they defense and their offensive line and from a team in VT where most picked them to get blown out in a rebuilding year they actually out gained 'Bama. Not to mentioned Vt had 153 rushing yards while 'Bama had a measly 2.5 yard rushing average. This coming from a team that consistently gets a top 5 recruiting class from a Saban coached team that always comes to play. While I respect talent, you can't overlook experience. First game jitters, the anxiety of a new football season, whatever it may be, this isn't an isolated only 'Nebraska' thing. Dear Husker Nation- It gets better.

This ^

Best post of the thread.

Uh, VT and Wyo hardly make a good comparison to base one's viewpoint, if yer feelin' me here.

VT's quarterback wishes he had half the talent of Brett Smith.

I tend to agree with that. And Wyo wishes they had 1/2 the level players that VT does--maybe more. Smith was on fire last night, he was threading the needle better than a golldang seamstress. I doubt he plays like that week in and week out, but yea, he is good. Still, he and Wyo shouldn't have torched us like what they did last night--we're supposed to be better than that.

Watchin the game again for the 2nd time, hench the 3rd time I've seen it. I'm tellin yall, it's not as bad as it seems. Up 31-14 and 37-21 and shoulda made it 44-21 with only half a quarter left, and then just packed it in. This is obvious. A legit concern, but obvious. The Int was a game changer that gave them hope and we couldnt wake back up. Our D had the clamps down pretty decent from mid 1st quarter all the way till the 4th when we got up 31-14 and they seemed to let off and let Wyo get a quick score. A lot of their yards came in that flurry of a ridiculous comeback in the final 7 minutes. Without that, it wouldve looked a lot more respectable numbers wise. i wasnt hitting the panic button last night and I'm still not. These things happen. Kansas St lost to an FCS team at home and they were #1 less than a year ago.

• Fire 2

Think we learned that we know what other teams especially Michigan and NW are going to do to our D. Spread it out with 4 or 5 wide and gash us up the middle with RB or QB.

Yea, Bo has proven with a large sample size to date that he has no clue how to defend the wide open spread offenses of the new millenium.

Is this serious or sarcastic?

Sorry, I do not coach football still, did when my kid was small, but have coached and trained Olympic level athletes, ran major off road motorcycle and mountain bike teams. I have an idea of coaching.

This defensive scheme has shown to be the worst ever at the University. How is this game different from the last two last year, other than supposedly a less talented team to play against. The trend is down with last nights game. 600 yard 4 times in less than a year. 4 of the 10 worst games to ever be played by Nebraska. Clownahan was gone after two. We most likely will 3 more this year. If history means anything, we are bound to repeat it with scheme. This game screams change is needed.

So your saying that the players this year are not anymore talented then they were last year because of the yards they allowed?

Kinda doesnt matter if they are giving up the same amounts of yards, does it? The proof is in the pudding, talent or no talent.

Think we learned that we know what other teams especially Michigan and NW are going to do to our D. Spread it out with 4 or 5 wide and gash us up the middle with RB or QB.

Yea, Bo has proven with a large sample size to date that he has no clue how to defend the wide open spread offenses of the new millenium.

serious. and, any QB with even a modicum of mobility gives Bofense fits.

No, VT is a big league team with big league players in a big league conference. Wyo is not any of those. How do you think Bama fairs with Wyo? Me thinks they win by 35+, not 3, and they sure as heck dont give up 600+ yds.

I'm making the comparison that coming into this year, 'Bama is a lot like us while VT can be compared to Wyo. VT barely made a bowl game last year and Wyo. went 4-8. 'Big league' teams with'Big league' players don't need to win their last two games just to qualify for bowl eligibility. 'Bama and Neb. come into the year looking for CC/NC hopes while VT and Wyo. are just looking to improve. Without the two special team touchdowns and a pick 6 'Bama crawls out with a 4 point win.

Taylor either has a separated shoulder or a fractured collarbone.

Do you know this for a fact, or are you just guessing?

He's speculating. How do you set up to pass or take a snap under center with one arm? If he fractured his collarbone he wouldn't have been out there since he wouldn't have been able to lift his arm (unless it was hairline)...separated shoulder...again they would have had to reset it before he could move it. Didn't see Taylor playing with one arm.

I learned that it is the same old sh#t with posters blowing a gasket about everything when the game isn't 152-3.

You really think this was about the score? Wyoming could have quit when we got up a few scores in the second half...what did they do? They kept fighting. They outplayed us in terms of execution. We just have the athletes to overcome that. There's no excuse for the lack of execution that Bo Pelini's teams show year after year. How many big plays did we have to give up on defense.

Honestly I don't know why I'm arguing with you,. On the flip side...it's the same old sh#t with sunshine pumpers burrying their heads in the sand and calling a win a win...the same thing that I'm afraid our headcoach is starting to do.

good post 'freak', I ttly agree.

Taylor either has a separated shoulder or a fractured collarbone.

Do you know this for a fact, or are you just guessing?

He's speculating. How do you set up to pass or take a snap under center with one arm? If he fractured his collarbone he wouldn't have been out there since he wouldn't have been able to lift his arm (unless it was hairline)...separated shoulder...again they would have had to reset it before he could move it. Didn't see Taylor playing with one arm.

I knew a drummer once who lost an arm in a car accident. Taught himself how to play drums almost just as good with the one arm after that. True story.

serious

Please explain. IN 2009 and 2010 Bo was THE most innovative coach in the country in defending the types of offenses we played last night. I see a lot of folks complaining about the scheme. Do you even know what the scheme is? Do you even know what it takes to defend these offenses as a player in Bo's system? It takes a heavy amount of experience and film study. It's about knowing tendancies and concepts. Those defenses in 2009 and 2010 knew the opposing offenses as well as they did. Go back and watch the Missouri and oklahoma games of 2009 and '10. Watch the 2009 Big 12 Champ game. Do not pay attention to Suh or the pressure on the qb. pay attention to the DBs and their alignments and watch the routes ran. The defenders knew what routes were coming based on the alignment they were giving the O. This gave them the ability to anticipate with great success. We didnt have that last night. We always had a young guy just one step behind. I was encouraged by the speed on D, but I'm holding back judgement for when we play teams this defense is now built to defend. We're not necessarily all in to defend Wyoming style of offense anymore.

• Fire 2

Sorry, I do not coach football still, did when my kid was small, but have coached and trained Olympic level athletes, ran major off road motorcycle and mountain bike teams. I have an idea of coaching.

This defensive scheme has shown to be the worst ever at the University. How is this game different from the last two last year, other than supposedly a less talented team to play against. The trend is down with last nights game. 600 yard 4 times in less than a year. 4 of the 10 worst games to ever be played by Nebraska. Clownahan was gone after two. We most likely will 3 more this year. If history means anything, we are bound to repeat it with scheme. This game screams change is needed.

So your saying that the players this year are not anymore talented then they were last year because of the yards they allowed?

Kinda doesnt matter if they are giving up the same amounts of yards, does it? The proof is in the pudding, talent or no talent.

Kinda does matter because there is a thing called "room for improvement" because they are so young and inexperienced. You think these players will get worse as they get more experience? Learn the scheme better?

The issue last year is we KNEW the scheme, we WERE experienced, because we WEREN'T young, and yet we sucked.

This year we did poorly BECAUSE we don't KNOW everything about our scheme and we AREN'T experienced and we are YOUNG.

We have the athletes in place now. It's about getting them experienced.

I'll tell you what, we might have an all freshmen/sophomore Defensive line at some point this season. Ankrah has got to turn it on and I just don't think Randle has what it takes.

Wouldn't surprise me t'all if that happened. Also, WTF were they doing putting Gregory @ LB last night, what was that all about? He was, like, running with receivers.