-*The "Compliments from Opposing Fans" Thread*-

Landlord

On Big Red Reaction an older Alabama fan called in and said attending a Husker game was on his bucket list and Yesterday he crossed that off.

Loved it and said Nebraska should still consider itself one of College Footballs blue blood elites.

Dont worry. We do. That's why we fire 9 win coaches who cant compete for championships.

• Fire 4

On Big Red Reaction an older Alabama fan called in and said attending a Husker game was on his bucket list and Yesterday he crossed that off.

Loved it and said Nebraska should still consider itself one of College Footballs blue blood elites.

Dont worry. We do. That's why we fire 9 win coaches who cant compete for championships.
I think he meant that we should still consider ourselves among the upper echelon of teams, regardless of our last 15+ years.

Like regardless of W/L records we are still a program that people admire.

• Fire 1

"Just got home from Omaha.

This is by far the friendliest fan base I've ever encountered. Everywhere we went, we where greeted with thank you's for coming and good luck. We were offered food and drinks just walking through the tailgate area. Had many good conversations with Husker fans everywhere. After the game, they were gracious winners and again, thanked us for coming. We didn't encounter a single person in either Omaha or Nebraska who weren't super friendly. The love their football but they also appreciate the visitors.
Many of them plan on coming to Eugene next year. I hope the fans here can show them the same courtesy.
Overall, one of the best roadtrips I've been on for a game. "

I think he meant that we should still consider ourselves among the upper echelon of teams, regardless of our last 15+ years.

Like regardless of W/L records we are still a program that people admire.

i know. Thats my point. If you wanna be looked at as blue blood and look at yourself as blueblood then you damn well better act blueblood.

I do love hearing this stuff but with that said I have never been treated poorly at a road game, in fact I have only been treated really freaking well.

Michigan State. 2012. A lot of sh#t talking. Watched the Michigan State defense swing at Nebraska fans who were just leaving the packed bar.

Like I said...never seen it. Not one thing, nothing. Not a mean word, not a nasty glare nothing at all.

I sort of have a hard time believing that the "MSU defense" took a swing at some Husker fans at a bar. Even if that did happen, doesn't it sound fishy? Like...that there might be more to it?

What does sh#t talking mean? Like, what does that include?

I do love hearing this stuff but with that said I have never been treated poorly at a road game, in fact I have only been treated really freaking well.

if you've ever gone to a husker event vs isu and didn't get treated poorly at some point then you got lucky. My family once got cussed at for wearing husker gear when we were walking into Hilton for a volleyball match. At the time I was 10 and my sister was 7.

Every football game at jack trice that my parents went to, my mom always managed to get seated next to an angry old drunk guy that always dropped from bombs toward her. It got to the point where my parents got sick of it and never went to another husker game in Ames. I've also heard from multiple people that tOSU fans are rude in Columbus, but I've never personally been there so I've never experienced it.

if you've ever gone to a husker event vs isu and didn't get treated poorly at some point then you got lucky. My family once got cussed at for wearing husker gear when we were walking into Hilton for a volleyball match. At the time I was 10 and my sister was 7.

Every football game at jack trice that my parents went to, my mom always managed to get seated next to an angry old drunk guy that always dropped from bombs toward her. It got to the point where my parents got sick of it and never went to another husker game in Ames. I've also heard from multiple people that tOSU fans are rude in Columbus, but I've never personally been there so I've never experienced it.

I guess that me and my friends that have gone to a decent amount of road games have all gotten super lucky.

ColoradoHusker might have actually assaulted a few Husker fans on his own!

Michigan State. 2012. A lot of sh#t talking. Watched the Michigan State defense swing at Nebraska fans who were just leaving the packed bar.

Like I said...never seen it. Not one thing, nothing. Not a mean word, not a nasty glare nothing at all.

I sort of have a hard time believing that the "MSU defense" took a swing at some Husker fans at a bar. Even if that did happen, doesn't it sound fishy? Like...that there might be more to it?

There is a bar at MSU that has a row of steps to the front door. The bar was over capacity and we were leaving. Another group of husker fans were leaving at the same time. As we were leaving, players from the MSU defense were waiting to get inside the bar. As we walked out, they were saying sh#t like "f#*k Nebraska" and talking about how the refs threw the game. We were literally surrounded by over a dozen D1 athletes as we wore husker gear. One of the MSU cbs swung at a guy in the group in front of us and stopped an inch from his face. The guy just kept walking. I didn't hear him say a word and quite honestly, he would've been an idiot to say anything in that situation.

Not my first run in with mean fans. Every CU game involved students spitting on us and throwing sh#t at us when we left the stadium. Mizzou does not have nice fans either.

Just cuz you haven't experienced doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just means you are naive.

There is a bar at MSU that has a row of steps to the front door. The bar was over capacity and we were leaving. Another group of husker fans were leaving at the same time. As we were leaving, players from the MSU defense were waiting to get inside the bar. As we walked out, they were saying sh#t like "f#*k Nebraska" and talking about how the refs threw the game. We were literally surrounded by over a dozen D1 athletes as we wore husker gear. One of the MSU cbs swung at a guy in the group in front of us and stopped an inch from his face. The guy just kept walking. I didn't hear him say a word and quite honestly, he would've been an idiot to say anything in that situation.

Not my first run in with mean fans. Every CU game involved students spitting on us and throwing sh#t at us when we left the stadium. Mizzou does not have nice fans either.

Just cuz you haven't experienced doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just means you are naive.

how did you know they were may players and specifically one of the cb's? I have a hard enough time placing who the Nebraska players are, can't imagine being able to pick out many opposing teams players

how did you know they were may players and specifically one of the cb's? I have a hard enough time placing who the Nebraska players are, can't imagine being able to pick out many opposing teams players

Because I was with my cousin and his friends who were MSU students and that is who they said it was?

I'm not saying there are not a$$hole$ in Nebraska's fanbase. I'm sure other fans have some horror stories about Nebraska. I've witnessed a$$hole$ at UNL tailgates before. They definitely exist. I'm just telling you about an experience I had with MSU in 2012.