-*The "Compliments from Opposing Fans" Thread*-

Landlord

• 3 weeks later...
Michigan State - 11/07/2015
i sat with some friends from Omaha whose season tickets had been passed down since 1940. Great seats around the 35 yard line, so I was surrounded by "green-seater" types. However, I was blown away by how willing everybody in the section was to stand up (on almost every defensive down) without bitching. Moreover, the noise was deafening, even louder than SS at its peak. Very impressive atmosphere. I can only imagine how difficult it was for Cook and Co. to run the offense. The fans were congratulating me before the game on our wonderful season, and mentioned that they hoped our team could show them a thing or two about winning. The celebration/party on the field and in the stands was also cool. You can tell that everyone has a deep connection to the school, which spans generations. There were no fair-weather followers, from what I could tell. All genuine and knowledgeable.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hands down the nicest fan base I've ever encountered in any sports setting. I had heard that the fans were cool, but it was amazing just how outgoing and friendly everybody was. Friday night and Saturday people were just fantastic. So many friendly, knowledgeable fans. Shared beers and food with many Husker tailgaters. Even as we were walking out of the game, people were shaking our hands, thanking us for coming, and saying nice things. We will definitely be back again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The crowd looked awesome on TV, major props to Nebraska fans for bringing it so strong with the season their team is having. A great addition to the Big-10 and I can definitely say after having them for a few years I would say they're the best fans in the conference considering the support they show and the fact that they really haven't had a legitimately great team in over a decade even if they've had good teams.

Hands down the best fans I've ever encountered on the road. Been to a lot of road games in my life and Lincoln is right there at the top. Great atmosphere in the stadium. Lots of choices to pregame and postgame. Partied in Haymarket and O Street and a couple places in between. Super knowledgeable fanbase and most I talked to mentioned how much they respected our program and coach MD. I think it caught some Huskers off guard at how well MSU represented. Lincoln and Nebraska cater to and embrace college football and do it right. I would love to move to the west and play Iowa, Nebraska, Minny, Wiscy on a yearly basis.

• Fire 1
  • 9 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

Walking out with a few Oregon fans, both were very complimentary. Loved the experience from how they were treated, how engaged the fans were and both said, hands down this was the loudest game they've been too. They compared it favorably to some Seahawks games they have been to in recent years.