Chris Peterson -- Boise State -- 61 -- $1,700,000

Gary Patterson -- TCU -- 54 -- $3,500,000

Bob Stoops -- Oklahoma -- 53 -- $4,600,000

Les Miles -- LSU -- 52 -- $4,300,000

Brian Kelly -- Cin./Notre Dame -- 52 -- $2,600,000

Mike Gundy -- Oklahoma State -- 50 -- $3,300,000

Frank Beamer -- Virginia Tech -- 49 -- $2,500,000

Bo Pelini -- Nebraska -- 49 -- $2,900,000

Where is he ranked based on pay on this list?

Added...he's 6th on the list for pay, 17th overall.

Edit: Source http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm

He's tied with Frank Beamer, and I have heard rumblings that Beamer might be on the hot seat. Beamer was 7-6 last year, but he has had considerable success in the past--way more than Pelini. That puts the expectations at a top-tier school into perspective IMHO. If VaTech goes 7-6 this year, I have no doubts BeamerBall will be a thing of the past.

He's tied with Frank Beamer, and I have heard rumblings that Beamer might be on the hot seat. Beamer was 7-6 last year, but he has had considerable success in the past--way more than Pelini. That puts the expectations at a top-tier school into perspective IMHO. If VaTech goes 7-6 this year, I have no doubts BeamerBall will be a thing of the past.

It does put things in perspective as with VaTech, the 49 wins since 08 is kind of lower than what they have become accustomed to. And now he may be on the hot seat. Where Bo is getting the Husker customary 9 wins per season and fans are presumably split down the middle whether he is doing a good job or not.

the 49 wins since 08 is kind of lower than what they have become accustomed to.

It's only lower because of that one season. They had two 10 win seasons and two 11 win seasons before last year. That's about on par for him in the past ten years, and better than what he did in the 90s, even if you drop 90-92. The only thing they have to complain about other than last year's record is that he's been there 20+ years and won no national championship. Sounds familiar...

I don't know. $7900 per days seems like we'd be overpaying anyone in that position. I'd like to see the wealth distributed more with the assistance in general, not just with us.

Kind of makes you wanna puke when you see someone making that much money.

I don't think many people will complain about what he is getting paid. It's the product on the field while he is getting paid that much that people will complain about.

Wow, over 20 posts in and NO mention of our neighbors to the east, Iowa, and their pay situation.

Well, until now.

I don't see Bo's pay as an issue. We are performing at a decent level. Not what we'd like, but decent. We've been around on this so many times, it hardly seems worth doing again. Let's see how the year turns out. And preferably, the next year or two, as well.

I don't know. $7900 per days seems like we'd be overpaying anyone in that position. I'd like to see the wealth distributed more with the assistance in general, not just with us.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahhaah

OK! Here is the real break down. Pelini makes about $3,000,000 per year. With a 13 game schedule, that amounts to $237,769 per game. Considering that his defense gives up 600 yards per game, the actual dollars expended for those yards is $396.00 per yard. Now, this old hayseed from Nebraska don't cypher to good but that amounts to approximately 2 large square, grade 1, bales of hay ($194/per bale) for each yard the defense gives up. Or, 1200 bales per game. Ever seen 1200 square bales in one pile? That is a fair bunch right there, partner. Next time you are driving down the road and see a field of large square bales, make a quick count and see if you think that field has enough hay bales to pay for those yards given up by the defense during the next game. Also, that $396.00 pretty much covers a lion's share of the cost of my season ticket in row 82, northwest end zone.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahhaah

He's overpaid. So are all the other head coaches on that list. I think it's a joke that assistants are paid so little when the success of the team hinges just as much on them as it does on him. Either way, I think it's lame that someone can go to college for 8 years and go through hell getting their degree and still be making 1/30th of what we pay our football coach. But that's just me.

how about the winning records of those teams that were beaten by those on this list...yeah, how bout that?!! chuckleshuffle

I'll play! Opponent winning percentage added.

Most Coaching Wins (2008-13)

Coach -- School – Wins – Opp. Win % -- Salary

Nick Saban -- Alabama – 62 -- .591 -- $5,500,000

Chris Peterson -- Boise State – 61 -- .483 -- $1,700,000

Gary Patterson -- TCU – 54 -- .542 -- $3,500,000

Bob Stoops -- Oklahoma – 53 -- .603 -- $4,600,000

Les Miles -- LSU – 52 -- .603 -- $4,300,000

Brian Kelly -- Cin./Notre Dame – 52 -- .571 -- $2,600,000

Mike Gundy -- Oklahoma State – 50 -- .569 -- $3,300,000

Frank Beamer -- Virginia Tech – 49 -- .571 -- $2,500,000

Bo Pelini -- Nebraska – 49 -- .567 – $2,900,000