Brett Hundley

NUance

It's going to take a team effort from our DL to collapse the pocket and then tackle him. We can't have guys going out being individuals. Gregory can't go out and over-pursue and then get shoved up field and our LBs when called to blitz need to go with a purpose and maintain gap integrity. Hundley is too good of an athlete for us to let him break containment and hurt us with his feet.

Don't abandon ship when something goes wrong. That goes for coaches and players. Something will most definitely go wrong in this game. If we stick to what we've already been doing out there we will be fine. We can't hit the panic button and revert to some of our old ways simply because Hundley burns us a few times. He will burn us a few times, it's just a fact. It's my hope that if we stick to this aggressive style and stay smart in the middle of the field, we will burn him right back a few times.

Save for some bone headed play calling last year ie going all air raid when the running game was working we were winning that game. We were doing it with a less experienced O, S-L-O-W defense, non-existent DE rush, LB's who knew the system , but were ill equipped to respond as well as no game film.

I like our chances all things being equal. Play press coverage to force them off routes, don't bite on the motion, disguise our coverage and let the D use the speed. I think that they will be more surprised by our D than we will be with their O.

More kool aid plz.

Hundley's running ability hardly scares me. He isn't that quick and with more athletes on the field it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Randy Gregory screaming off the edge will be a welcome change from last years video up there...

He will be in his face no doubt about it....

Do ya think they try and double team Gregory!?

Hard to say. Hundley has a large frame and is mobile, so they may try and see if they can iso Gregory and use his speed against him. Let him rush and just push him by Hundley, or rely on Hundleys pocket presence and mobility to escape when needed. The problem with relying on that, is Gregory is pretty damn fast as well, and I'm willing to bet you see Gregory move around on the DL so they are forced to identify him. Our DL is completely different this year and you already have to double VV already, so you'd have to try and chip with a RB or add a TE to double Gregory. Which means you'd have 4 guys taking care of 2 of our DLine, leaving Ankrah/Randle or McMullen/Curry in one on ones which is just as scary if they do their jobs, especially if Bando/Rose/Gerry/Zaire all play the way they can.

Hundley isn't the type of dual threat QB that scares me. He is more Tebow than he is Johnny Manziel. Manziel is scary. Hundley is more powerful and he prefers the pocket. Manziel leaves the pocket all the time, is fast, and keeps his eyes downfield. The added athleticism will also help contain Hundley should he decide to leave the pocket. The slowest linebacker we'll probably have on the field is just as fast as Hundley.

Add in the fact that Franklin is gone and Fauria (probably the worst matchup of the entire year for us) is gone, and I like our chances.

Brilliant post.

Taking a look at that list:

#4 J.W Walsh OK ST- He is their QB, decent player but is far less dynamic than a lot of those guys

#6 Teddy Bridgewater- Might be the best QB on that list.

#12 Marcus Mariota- Kid is a stud and would surprise me if he ended up as the Eagles QB

#16 Everret Golson- Kid is a stud if he didnt get suspended

Some very good players on that list that werent mentioned

The most important Hundley-related stat from the Nevada game was that UCLA never had to punt. And Nevada is not a bad team.

Nevada is all about defense.

Hot, Sweaty, Nasty, BadAss Defense.

When I think of Nevada I think of Chris Alt and the pistol defense.

Wait.... No I don't.

The most important Hundley-related stat from the Nevada game was that UCLA never had to punt. And Nevada is not a bad team.

That remains to be seen.

My point was that Nevada is not as bad as many of the creampuffs that the big schools played last weekend. IMHO Nevada would beat both of the teams that Nebraska has played.

That remains to be seen.

My point was that Nevada is not as bad as many of the creampuffs that the big schools played last weekend. IMHO Nevada would beat both of the teams that Nebraska has played.

Wyoming looked pretty feisty to me, they look like they could beat Nevada. The bigger things I take away from the Nevada game were our secondary holding them to 182 yards passing, and the O-line not allowing any sacks. 20 points against the #8 offense in the country last year also looked good.