Brett Hundley

NUance

The most important Hundley-related stat from the Nevada game was that UCLA never had to punt. And Nevada is not a bad team.

That remains to be seen.

My point was that Nevada is not as bad as many of the creampuffs that the big schools played last weekend. IMHO Nevada would beat both of the teams that Nebraska has played.

We'll just see about that, I'm thinking Wyoming will surprise a lot of people.

The most important Hundley-related stat from the Nevada game was that UCLA never had to punt. And Nevada is not a bad team.

That remains to be seen.

My point was that Nevada is not as bad as many of the creampuffs that the big schools played last weekend. IMHO Nevada would beat both of the teams that Nebraska has played.

Nevada wouldn't beat Wyoming. But I don't care either way. The game that is worth discussing is at 11pm on Saturday.

That remains to be seen.

Nevada wouldn't beat Wyoming. But I don't care either way. The game that is worth discussing is at 11pm on Saturday.

that's a late game. I might be drunk by then

Hundley is not really that fast. At least he does not looks that fast. It may be that he is so tall that he looks slower than he really is. He is definitely not as fast as Martinez is, IMHO.

What makes Hundley dangerous is that it seems this year he has a better idea of when to run and when to pitch the ball out of bounds.

Yes, you are right about Fauria, but don't you think that Jonathan Franklin was your worst matchup of 2012? Yes, Fauria hurt your team last year but I think it was Franklin that really did you guys in. He just had that very quick first step that enabled him to get up to speed very, very quickly.

I have a feeling Bo's got some interesing wrinkles for this one that they've worked on for an extensive period of time. We put a lot-I mean a lot-of different looks on film these first two games. Not to mention, we were unintentionally gashed in one of them, which I think could play out in our favor. UCLA's got a lot to review, and will definitely try to exploit the same things Wyoming did. I'm betting Bo has a combatant for that as well as wrinkles that hasnt been seen yet. I'm hopin UCLA overloads themselves in preparing for numerous things that they overlook something.

Nevada was a decent not great team last year that graduated a lot of good players and more importantly lost a very good/legendary coach to retirement. Chris Ault is one of the best offensive minds to ever coach football.

Not saying Nevada is going to be terrible this year, but don't be surprised if the hover around .500

Look at some of these Mt West teams over time and the pattern that you may see is that they can go from bad to good or the other way really fast. They lose coaches all the time to bigger programs and the team with fall into the dumpster. The only real consistent team from the Mt West over the years has been Boise St. and that has to do with the coaching continuity they have at the place.

Everyone has those kind of games, where nothing seems to go right. Hell, even our very own Taylor "Yolo" Martinez has had those kind of nights.

I +1'd anyway, NUance.

Yeah, that's all I could think of. That, and it was an away game in a hostile stadium. Let's just hope that it's loud as hell on Saturday. Already looks like it's going to be hot as hell. :lol:

I have a feeling Bo's got some interesing wrinkles for this one that they've worked on for an extensive period of time. We put a lot-I mean a lot-of different looks on film these first two games. Not to mention, we were unintentionally gashed in one of them, which I think could play out in our favor. UCLA's got a lot to review, and will definitely try to exploit the same things Wyoming did. I'm betting Bo has a combatant for that as well as wrinkles that hasnt been seen yet. I'm hopin UCLA overloads themselves in preparing for numerous things that they overlook something.

For some reason, there just may have been a very strategic reason for the media and the former players being completely locked out of practices. ;)

Hundley's running ability hardly scares me. He isn't that quick and with more athletes on the field it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Randy Gregory screaming off the edge will be a welcome change from last years video up there...

He will be in his face no doubt about it....

Do ya think they try and double team Gregory!?

I hope so, but my guess is VV will continue to see the double team. With that said I'm sure on passing downs the RB & Hundley will be keyed in on where Gregory is at.