Bye-bye $$$PPV !

The only option for PPV now is an out-of-conference road game. And most of those are the "bigger" games who you would think would get picked up somewhere. This year's So.Miss game would have been a candidate if it would have stayed south. Possibly Fresno St. next year but there aren't many that won't get picked up by somebody.

I've gotta say, in KC the game was on BTNa - which isn't the standard BTN channel but an overflow. I had to pay 8/month to get it. So I'm paying almost 100/year (equivalent of 2 PPV games before) to watch a feed that wasn't even in HD. I had 6 inches of black lines around the game - giving me about a 40 inch equivalent TV. It was terrible. You could hardly read numbers. Not sure if it was Time Warner (which I hate w/ a passion) or the Big Ten Network...but it was pretty disappointing.

I've gotta say, in KC the game was on BTNa - which isn't the standard BTN channel but an overflow. I had to pay 8/month to get it. So I'm paying almost 100/year (equivalent of 2 PPV games before) to watch a feed that wasn't even in HD. I had 6 inches of black lines around the game - giving me about a 40 inch equivalent TV. It was terrible. You could hardly read numbers. Not sure if it was Time Warner (which I hate w/ a passion) or the Big Ten Network...but it was pretty disappointing.

My guess different provider. I subscribe u-Verse programming (U200 basic plus) including BTN and ALL BTNa channels.....all HD.

AT&T customer service was crap most of the time and hidden costs except BTN.

The overflow channels are all HD feeds, IIRC, so that's on your provider if they only provide them in SD.

The overflow channels are all HD feeds, IIRC, so that's on your provider if they only provide them in SD.

That's what I thought, but this is the first time I've ever had to watch a game on them for more than a few minutes. Usually Nebraska can carry the prime B1G spot, guess not anymore. I used to have u-verse and loved it, but we're in temporary housing while the house is being built and they only offer Time Warner or dish - and I need the better internet cable provides so sucking it up for the next 10 months.

That's what I thought, but this is the first time I've ever had to watch a game on them for more than a few minutes. Usually Nebraska can carry the prime B1G spot, guess not anymore. I used to have u-verse and loved it, but we're in temporary housing while the house is being built and they only offer Time Warner or dish - and I need the better internet cable provides so sucking it up for the next 10 months.

I have direct tv and while it was on the alternate channel the game was in HD and I didnt have any trouble with the lines. When you get out of the temporary housing I would recommend direct, I have had it for the last few years and have had zero problems