What are your thoughts on Apple's latest iPhone iteration?

Apple® today announced iPhone® 5s, the most forward-thinking iPhone yet, featuring an all-new A7 chip, making iPhone 5s the world’s first smartphone with 64-bit desktop-class architecture for blazing fast performance in the palm of your hand.

iPhone 5s redefines the best smartphone experience in the world with amazing new features all packed into a remarkable thin and light design, including an all-new 8 megapixel iSight® camera with True Tone flash and introducing Touch ID™, an innovative way to simply and securely unlock your phone with just the touch of a finger.

iPhone 5s comes with iOS 7, the most significant iOS update since the original iPhone, engineered for 64-bit technology and featuring hundreds of great new features, including Control Center, Notification Center, improved Multitasking, AirDrop®, enhanced Photos, Safari®, Siri® and iTunes Radio℠.

I'm kind of feeling the new gold.

color_gold.jpg

Apple keeps getting by with their conservative gameplan, mainly because of the software.

I'll be buying one. I'm not an Apple fanboy by any means, but the third-party support and the install base with friends/family makes it enticing. I haven't bought a new phone in about 3.5 years so it will be a nice upgrade.

I've been sitting on an upgrade for 5-6 months. I have the 4S currently and didn't have any need for the 5. My 4S is starting to falter a little bit: turning off for no reason with half charge left, doesn't play music out loud without using mic jack, slow as molasses, etc. I think I might pull the trigger on this 5S. It shouldn't be too expensive with my upgrade unless Sprint pulls a fast one and alters the upgrade with this model.

I also have an upgrade to use. Not sure what I want to do with it though. Part of me wants to keep the apple phone either 5S or 5c (not sure what the difference is) and the other part of me wants one of the new Samsung phones, either the Note 3 which comes out soon or the Galaxy S4.

The part that complicates it for me is that I have a Macbook and I'm not sure how compatible the samsung phones are with that.

5S is the high-end model with metal case. The 5C has a plastic uni-body case. Essentially, the 5C is the same as the current 5, but with a plastic body. The 5S has a faster processor, longer talk time, runs both 32- and 64-bit software, and has a better "low light" camera.

I believe that the 5C does not have Siri. I haven't figured out why that makes it cheaper but that's the story I saw. Also, the 5S has a newer (faster) processor.

The part that complicates it for me is that I have a Macbook and I'm not sure how compatible the samsung phones are with that.

Are you talking about transferring data between your Macbook and a Samsung phone? There is a free app called airdroid that is absolutely amazing. It lets you move things on and off your android device without a USB cable, send/receive texts from your Macbook, locate and lock your android when it's lost and if you can't get it back, you can wipe all the data remotely. All for free. It works on any browser.

I like Apple phones just because they work. I've had my 4s for almost two years and it still runs like new. With all that said I wasn't to impressed with the new iPhones, The fingerprint scanner is a nice feature mainly because iPhone's are the #1 stolen phones in America and the new camera seems like it'll be one of the best on the market but I was hoping for more wows out of these new iPhones. This day and age people are interested in phones with bigger screens, camera features and other cool gadgets in their phones and yet again iPhone is trailing behind.

I'll be waiting for the 6 to come out and hopefully the 6 will have a bigger screen with other wow factors. Still like to see iPhone come out with a notification light like most of the Android phones have.

5S is the high-end model with metal case. The 5C has a plastic uni-body case. Essentially, the 5C is the same as the current 5, but with a plastic body. The 5S has a faster processor, longer talk time, runs both 32- and 64-bit software, and has a better "low light" camera.

I believe that the 5C does not have Siri. I haven't figured out why that makes it cheaper but that's the story I saw. Also, the 5S has a newer (faster) processor.

The 5C does have siri according to this video where it shows a girl holding down the home button and Siri pops up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utUPth77L_o

Anything from a 4S on has Siri--I know, I'm rocking a 4S and will be upgrading after the 5S fever cools down a bit.

The 5C does have siri according to this video where it shows a girl holding down the home button and Siri pops up

I guess you're right. I must have read something before they were announced that thought the 5C might not have Siri to make it cheaper. Must be mostly the processor that is the cost difference.

I guess you're right. I must have read something before they were announced that thought the 5C might not have Siri to make it cheaper. Must be mostly the processor that is the cost difference.

That, the fact that the guts are mostly re-purposed 5 parts using the same assembly lines as before, and the plastic shell instead of a metal one.

Just wonder how the 5 will hold up with iOS7, though...

Are you talking about transferring data between your Macbook and a Samsung phone? There is a free app called airdroid that is absolutely amazing. It lets you move things on and off your android device without a USB cable, send/receive texts from your Macbook, locate and lock your android when it's lost and if you can't get it back, you can wipe all the data remotely. All for free. It works on any browser.

Yes this was the part that worried me. I wasn't sure how transferring songs/movies from my current itunes would work.

Yes this was the part that worried me. I wasn't sure how transferring songs/movies from my current itunes would work.

If you don't have an iphone, i would say you shouldn't even bother with itunes. it's not awful, but there's better options out there.