Thanks_Tom RR

Player: Jashon Cornell

Hometown: Saint Paul, Minnesota

School: Cretin-Derham Hall

Position: Weakside Defensive-end

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 238 lbs

40 time: 4.67 sec

Offers: Arkansas, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan St, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Northwestern, Norte Dame, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Penn St, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, South Florida, Stanford, USC, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin

Twitter

Rivals: #87 Overall; #7 WDE; :star :star :star :star

247: #32 Overall; #5 WDE; :star :star :star :star :star

Scout: #55 Overall; #8 DE; :star :star :star :star

ESPN: #16 Overall; #5 WDE; :star :star :star :star

Highlights

Jashon Cornell#⃣1⃣6⃣@Jay_Rock16 22h

Nebraska offered #Cornhuskers

This kid is going to be a big deal. Early indicators have it a Michigan vs Notre Dame vs Ohio St battle. Also, he is taking a lot of unofficial visits this fall.

Sept 7 Michigan (vs Norte Dame)

Sept 28 Ohio St (vs Wisconsin)

Oct 5 Iowa (vs Michigan St)

Oct 12 Wisconsin (vs Northwestern)

Oct 19 Norte Dame (vs USC)

What jumps out at me is that Sept 14 and 21 are wide open in his schedule. Love to see him come down for the UCLA game on Saturday or next Saturday for the South Dakota State game.

I wouldn't hold your breath for this weekend. His game is being televised by ESPN on Friday night. With that kind of hoopla for a school in Minnesota, I can't imagine him hurrying down to DONU right after the game.

Cretin has sent an awful lot of guys to Notre Dame. Third national number one player since the 01 season. Pretty crazy.

Watch out for iowa in this one. Broderick Binns who just graduated from there is an assistant coach at the school.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If Bo really wanted to make a statement that he has turned a corner as a recruiter, getting this kid to flip would be huge.

That'd be great if it happened, but.. Pipe dream imo.
Oh absolutely a huge pipe dream. But IF he could, it could be the domino that draws in more big names.

If Bo really wanted to make a statement that he has turned a corner as a recruiter, getting this kid to flip would be huge.

That'd be great if it happened, but.. Pipe dream imo.
Oh absolutely a huge pipe dream. But IF he could, it could be the domino that draws in more big names.

I am confused, why do you think Nebraska has a shot at flipping a kid a day after he committed to play for OSU? Also, I don't think Bo needs to flip anyone to show he has turned a corner, whatever that means in this situation.

Not saying he should flip him today but weve got a long road before signing day. Some of our commits will probably flip, it happns. Just like to see us on the other end of that more times than not. I think we have already turned a corner in recruiting. Getting a big name to flip from tOSU would just confirm that.

Were the Huskers ever in on this kid? Would be a big get, but I believe he committed with another kid at the same time???

He committed minutes after Justin Hilliard committed to OSU. From the sound of it, it seems as if both wanted to play together. Saying that, Cornell at one point in time wanted to visit some other schools. Maybe he will flip but I doubt it would be to Nebraska.