\\ Official UCLA Game Discussion Thread //

tschu

I really just don't understand how good we looked in the first and awful in the second half. I can understand momentum but wow that was like night and day. Typical Nebraska football, once one thing goes wrong we curl up in a ball. I am a Bo supporter but the same Nebraska mentality is on the coaches. It reflects on how our players are taught by the coaches.

There it is. The way Pelini's teams have responded when the game starts getting away. Lets be honest...if Nebraska loses by two touchdowns in Columbus last year, we're disappointed but not embarrassed. The team gets that look like 'here we go again', the staff panics and the players follow suit. Blowouts happen, and UCLA would've hung 60 on us if our offense looked halfway capable of doing anything late in the game. The saddest part about today was watching UCLA smiling midway through the third because they knew they were going to win this going away. They killed the clock in the 4th, which is the only reason it didn't look worse on the scoreboard.

I thought the same thing watching the camera zoom in on Jim Mora. His expression was complete confidence and all we had to do was score and we'd be a few points away from reclaiming the lead.

I don't believe this team believes in it's self or what the hell they are doing. Therefore when things turn, no one steps up and the results continue down hill. We are talented I see plenty of good plays but man to man and no pressure we make every QB look like top NFL prospects.

How can they when Beck pulls the game plan out from under them? How frustrating that must be

Our athletes match. Today was the staff being out coached, again. I just do not see improvement year to year. The last six years all look the same.

IMHO the Nebraska players do not match the speed of the Bruin players.

Again you're wrong, you're blinded by your love of your team which is fine. We have just as good of athletes if not better in some positions....................when the coaches aren't getting it done athleticism can only make up for so much.

What relevance is Abdullah's muslim background!?

I thought exactly the same thing when it was said.

My thinking is that the it was an attempt to humanize Muslims to counter the hatred against them by the knuckle draggers. That is a noble intention but it is kind of condescending. If it were me I wouild not have said it. People who care about Adbullah will either already know that he is Muslim or will find out on their own.

Wow, this game has seen such a change. Crowd is livid and a lot of frustration. Unusual game so far. 35 straight points after an 18 point lead has to be a very rare thing. That all said, While the Huskers are reeling, I think there is still time if they just stop reaching and put together a drive to give the defense a little time to collect themselves, anything can still happen. I think they have to put it together and finish this drive with a TD, now...

So was it a political decision to change the Jayhawk from facing left to facing right? Otherwise there's no difference.