Tommie Frazier Twitter reaction

This is on the coaches and their gameplan. Taylor is who he is! We can win some games if we use him right. Why have we taken away his running which is his biggest asset.

I'd like to think that they have a good reason and aren't trying to make him be something he's not... That's just based on a belief that they know how to do their jobs; however, there also seems to be a stronger belief in "systems" than in players sometimes. I *hope* they aren't trying to make players be parts of their system instead of trying to shape a system to get the most out of their individual components.

As a microcosmic example, I was at the UT game back when Lord was at the offensive helm and NU mounted a wicked comeback. The game ended with a pass thrown from inside the red zone (I want to say it was around the 5 yard line) that was picked off by a Longhorn. I couldn't be mad at Lord because it was the decision of the coaches to have a runner (and not particularly strong passer) pass in such an key situation.

It was still one of the best games I've ever seen.

Anyone who has played the game knows that it takes twice the physical output to play defense. The offense knows the play to be ran where they need to go etc. etc. The defense has to react and anticipate what the offensive guys are doing. Which takes much more energy physically and mentally.

I believe Boyd Eppley touched on this a few years back.

Now fast forward to now with the insanely fast paced offenses. It is hard to substitute and players get gassed.

It is imperative that offenses sustain drives... this isn't rocket science. All of you posters here know this.

We had to lean on the O and it failed NU. The young D could not sustain the pace and Mora knew this.

Bo and company were out coached plain and simple. It's effing football not Chinese algebra.

• Fire 1

Tommie as a former NU player has earned the right to say whatever he wants to say

We have seen more of the same this year, same ol, same ol. Understand Tommie's frustration

For me- I HATE poor special teams play

I HATE 3rd and 1 that ends up as 3rd and 6 due to a silly alignment or offsides play

I HATE seeing the ball carried like a loaf of bread instead of high and tight

BASIC football coaching 101 stuff

Love Bo, Love Martinez heart

Dislike a lot of what both do

Im real close to the point of jumping into Tommies boat

We had the conversation about the coordinator hires ten thousand times when they happened. There is really no one left to blame for the way the team is preforming outside of the head man. Defensively, it's always been on him. He is the architect and play caller. I'm sure Pap contributes something with his time, but Bo took the lion's share of the responsibility for that unit. Pap is a puppet coordinator.

I'm pretty tired of "changes have to be made" conversations. We're in year six. We've already been down that road. I don't think anyone here honestly believes Bo is going to overhaul the staff again, and if he did, hypothetically, what are the odds he doesn't just fall into old habits, promote from within or hire someone he "trusts"?

• Fire 1

I don't think he will get past this year if these type of games continue. If Illinois gives us a game similar to the Montana game, things are going to get hot and quickly. Purdue played Notre Dame close, but I guess they normally do. Michigan State seemed to find an offense, and without Taylor being able to run, that could end up being a tough game to. Michigan who knows.

But if he is counting another two three seasons at the level we are playing now, he might as well pack and leave, because that is not going to happen.

I don't think he will get past this year if these type of games continue. If Illinois gives us a game similar to the Montana game, things are going to get hot and quickly. Purdue played Notre Dame close, but I guess they normally do. Michigan State seemed to find an offense, and without Taylor being able to run, that could end up being a tough game to. Michigan who knows.

But if he is counting another two three seasons at the level we are playing now, he might as well pack and leave, because that is not going to happen.

I think he has until the end of 2015 maybe '16 before the AD makes a change. As has been said, you don't fire a coach with that kind of record. Unless he starts stops winning more than 9 games a year for 2 years in row, he will keep his job.

Sorry, I tried not to ramble. The point is, they blame the offense because WAY more was expected of them. And it isn't even entirely the offenses fault. A majority of the blame should go to Tim Beck. But the defense bears blame too. Moreover, I believe a huge part of the blowout losses is a pervasive psychological tendency to give up and inability to regain focus and execute well when things start to go wrong, which obviously leads to snowballing and games getting out of hand.

I agree with much of the rest of your post, and +1. But we don't give Blackshirts to our defense because they're the little brother to the offense. We give them Blackshirts and expect them to perform at a certain level of excellence, full stop.

If we're to the point where we expect less than perfection from our defense, then it's time to end the Blackshirt tradition right here and now.

Directly or indirectly, the Offense has LITERALLY NOTHING AT ALL to do with the Defense's play. If the Offense fumbles the ball at the 1 yard line, I fully expect the Defense to keep the opponent out of the end zone. That's their job.

It's insane to blame the problems of one side of the ball on any other side. The Defense is to blame for not stopping UCLA. The Offense is to blame for failing to score after hitting 21 points.

Does the word 'indirectly' have any meaning?

If the thrust of the argument was that the Offense and Defense indirectly affect each other, then yes, I'd be more in agreement with that than where we're headed so far. But even then, I'm 90/10 of the same opinion - each side of the ball has to account for themselves. The Offense cannot stop the opponent from scoring. The Defense cannot outscore the opponent. Each side of the ball has their specialty, and each owns their own problems.

We can as easily blame the Defense for yesterday's offensive collapse. But that's not the thrust of the conversation, and that's wrong thinking.

Knapp, I'm not sure how many times I have to say it, but I know that each side of the ball has to account for themselves. Maybe there was a lack of understanding between you and me, because I didn't specifically say it and it's pretty hard to infer from something that wasn't said, but I think--had the offense sustained drives like they did in the first half, UCLA wouldn't have scored nearly as many points as they did and we probably come away with a win.

Michigan State found an offense against Youngstown State?

Michigan State found an offense against Youngstown State?

Laughable. Truely laughable.