Relevance

Ziebol

48-17, 45-17, 30-13, 63-38, 70-31, 45-31 and 41-21. Those are scores from national televised games that are considered relevant.

Let those numbers sink in.

48-17, 45-17, 30-13, 63-38, 70-31, 45-31 and 41-21.

Not to burst your bubble, I think they need to figure out how to...

a) fix the defense, and soon

b) fix the offense, and soon

c) worry less about being "relevant"

48-17, 45-17, 30-13, 63-38, 70-31, 45-31 and 41-21. Those are scores from national televised games that are considered relevant.

They are one in the same, you're point is?

The hell is your point?

They go hand in hand

His point is that we have looked bad on national TV

Your point is that we are bad

One and the same, no? And neither is a good situation to be in. Our program is in a pretty horrible spot, stuck in mediocrity-land

It's simple, in Nebraska we are relevant elsewhere no one even thinks twice about us. I live in Michigan and can tell you Nebraska is seen on the same level as Illinois, Iowa. and Minnesota. Nobody here has taken us seriously since the 90s. When I tell people I am a husker fan I always get the same reaction: a slight snicker a questioning look, and then typically they walk away. Not even worthy of a good spirited insult, or jab about the blowouts. We just don't matter. Sorry, it is reality. Us making the ccg last year is seen more as a product of Michigan having a down year. They don't even want to argue about 97 anymore.

It's simple, in Nebraska we are relevant elsewhere no one even thinks twice about us. I live in Michigan and can tell you Nebraska is seen on the same level as Illinois, Iowa. and Minnesota. Nobody here has taken us seriously since the 90s. When I tell people I am a husker fan I always get the same reaction: a slight snicker a questioning look, and then typically they walk away. Not even worthy of a good spirited insult, or jab about the blowouts. We just don't matter. Sorry, it is reality. Us making the ccg last year is seen more as a product of Michigan having a down year. They don't even want to argue about 97 anymore.

That's cause 1997 was 16 years ago.

But even a couple of years ago, anytime Nebraska came up it was inevitable 97 was going to become a discussion. Since we have joined the big ten, they just don't care anymore. Another drumming in Ann Arbor will seal our irrelevance in the minds of big blue. MSU, just hates us because they seem to be the only relevant big ten school that can't embarrass us. But maybe that will change this year too.

Relevant? Of course the Huskers aren't relevant anymore. Have been less and less relevant every year since the Big 12 expansion....can't blame the team though. Lots of factors come into play:

What Made Nebraska Football Relevant:

Annual Nebraska vs the Legion of Doom Thanksgiving Day Game to determine who went to the Orange Bowl to play for the national title. This game in and of itself always made the team relevant to football fans across the country as it was the ultimate battle of good vs evil.

What Ended Nebraska Football Relevancy:

*Admitting Texas into the United States

*The forward pass

*The first televised shot of someone wearing a foam ear of corn on his head

*Cable TV

*Little Red

*Jamaal Lord

The list goes on and on...and now you're in a conference that is made up of Michigan, Ohio State and some other schools that play football that nobody really knows (Purdue...isn't that a brand of chicken) which doesn't do a lot of legitimatize the Husker's relevancy....

Face it...Nebraska football is like the dial telephone or the 8-track tape. They were great in their day and we old people remember when they were the greatest thing around but the world has moved on.

• Fire 2

Relevant? Of course the Huskers aren't relevant anymore. Have been less and less relevant every year since the Big 12 expansion....can't blame the team though. Lots of factors come into play:

What Made Nebraska Football Relevant:

Annual Nebraska vs the Legion of Doom Thanksgiving Day Game to determine who went to the Orange Bowl to play for the national title. This game in and of itself always made the team relevant to football fans across the country as it was the ultimate battle of good vs evil.

What Ended Nebraska Football Relevancy:

*Admitting Texas into the United States

*The forward pass

*The first televised shot of someone wearing a foam ear of corn on his head

*Cable TV

*Little Red

*Jamaal Lord

The list goes on and on...and now you're in a conference that is made up of Michigan, Ohio State and some other schools that play football that nobody really knows (Purdue...isn't that a brand of chicken) which doesn't do a lot of legitimatize the Husker's relevancy....

Face it...Nebraska football is like the dial telephone or the 8-track tape. They were great in their day and we old people remember when they were the greatest thing around but the world has moved on.

Well played sir

perfect

The hell is your point?

They go hand in hand

His point is that we have looked bad on national TV

Your point is that we are bad

One and the same, no? And neither is a good situation to be in. Our program is in a pretty horrible spot, stuck in mediocrity-land

This thread is relevant imo.

exactly...