Coaches Poll

I am simply amazed that anyone would think cracking the top 25 due to other teams losing means anything. The proper way to be ranked is by soundly beating teams you should and playing well enough to beat some teams who you are evenly matched with or who are better than you. Pathetic that some are upset being out of the top 25 and yet eagerly await us beating a few patsies and counting on some others to lose to drop out. I'll catch hell for it but, back in the day Nebraska stayed ranked by winning some games of substance. Sure we've always had our patsies but we also brought it each and every game. Frankly I hope we are never ranked again until we beat somebody we shouldn't beat. Any other way just feels like a twelfth place participation ribbon. You can have it if you want it, I don't.

Sad thing is it will probably take a couple of games for us to get back in.

You really think we will get back in?

yeah but wish we didn't til the whole team starts playing better. last year's team was better than this year's team. Tbh i'd rather us lose and have a losing season so then we can fire Bo and not get any bad press from it. so we can justify firing Bo.

I am simply amazed that anyone would think cracking the top 25 due to other teams losing means anything. The proper way to be ranked is by soundly beating teams you should and playing well enough to beat some teams who you are evenly matched with or who are better than you. Pathetic that some are upset being out of the top 25 and yet eagerly await us beating a few patsies and counting on some others to lose to drop out. I'll catch hell for it but, back in the day Nebraska stayed ranked by winning some games of substance. Sure we've always had our patsies but we also brought it each and every game. Frankly I hope we are never ranked again until we beat somebody we shouldn't beat. Any other way just feels like a twelfth place participation ribbon. You can have it if you want it, I don't.

With TO we knew where we stood with Bo it's a roll of the dice.

With TO we knew where we stood with Bo it's a roll of the dice.

We know precisely where NU stands with Bo... between #3 and #5 in the conference... well, well below the leader. That is, upper middle of the conference. It is easy predicting NU games. They are remarkably consistent. I see no roll of the dice at all. Decent... no better. Out coached week in and week out. Very predictable.

Fans have become as apathetic as the team.

I agree with you. Hoping to get ranked by others losing so we move up by attrition. My a$$. You get ranked by what we earn.

Fans have become as apathetic as the team.

I agree with you. Hoping to get ranked by others losing so we move up by attrition. My a$$. You get ranked by what we earn.

Would you not say that if we win and others teams lose, we earned that spot?