The DC dilemma

JTrain

Papuchis is more of a glorified position coach than a DC. He helps Bo but Bo is still ultimately in charge of what defense is being run here. Many people agree that Bo needs to hire an experienced DC to take over. But where does that leave Bo? His only great strength is running the defense. If we bring in a new DC, the new guy will run his own system. Not only would that create never-ending tensions between Bo and the DC, but it takes away Bo's only real strength.

I agree that responsibility needs to be taken off Bo's shoulders, but it's hard to see this being the most effective way. Perhaps bringing in a new OC that has proven management skills and tagging them with the Assistant Head Coach designation?

It's pretty obvious that Bo is pretty much calling the shots on D. All the heat directed at Papuchis is pretty unwarranted when it comes to in-game decisions. Personally, I would like to see Bo just hand the reigns over to Pap altogether and just be the Head Coach as a Head Coach is supposed to be. Let's see what Pap can do. Let's see his creativity. Maybe he'd be much better than Bo thinks he would.

• Fire 1

even a head coach like Saban has proven OC and DC, Smart and Nussmeier both are proven guys, Nussmeier had called plays before at fesno state and Washington and Smart has been with Saban since his LSU days and worked his way up, these are the kind of guys Pelini needs on the staff proven coaches not just a bunch of unproven yes men

The most contradicting thing I've seen today. Not that I'm disagreeing with your principle, but your Smart example is a complete opposite of it. In fact, your explanation of Smart if 100% the same situation as Papuchis is to Pelini at the moment. The only difference is lack of success.