Thank You BO

When I look at the state of our program, I think back to the saying Rome wasn't built in a day. Yes, 6 years is a long time, but the only coaches that have shown they can build a program in that amount of time, did it illegally. I'm willing to give him time.

He spent the first 3-4 years putting band aides on everything that way us fans would atleast have something to cheer for. Now he needs to make another set of adjustments to put us over the top. If he gets the time, I think we will see the corner turned next year, or the year after. I'm rooting for ya Bo, don't make me look foolish.

When I look at the state of our program, I think back to the saying Rome wasn't built in a day. Yes, 6 years is a long time, but the only coaches that have shown they can build a program in that amount of time, did it illegally. I'm willing to give him time.

He spent the first 3-4 years putting band aides on everything that way us fans would atleast have something to cheer for. Now he needs to make another set of adjustments to put us over the top. If he gets the time, I think we will see the corner turned next year, or the year after. I'm rooting for ya Bo, don't make me look foolish.

Bob Devaney turned Nebraska around pretty damn quickly, though. Just saying, there's two sides to every coin.

To be fair, still plenty of season left to salvage. I'd take us winning out the rest of this regular season. Not saying it's a certainty, but let's not forget it's not a terrible possibility. Michigan isn't as good as they appear, and who else can really take Nebraska down?

- Northwestern (better coaching)

- Michigan State (after seeing our O against an average defense like UCLA's)

- And we will have atleast one "surprise" loss, because it's just tradition now.

Bob Devaney turned Nebraska around pretty damn quickly, though. Just saying, there's two sides to every coin.

It's also a totally different game today than it was then.

That's why he's a legend. I'm sorry, but throughout the landscape of cfb, I don't see any of those right now.

Yeah, Michigan looked super great Saturday...at home...vs Akron? Come on. They were 4 yards away from losing

That was my point.

Could've been a mental hangover from a game like Notre Dame the week before. We've all seen teams have a big win the week before only to come out and play flat aganst inferior competition the following game.

But there's one issue. Will Bo's Nebraska ever get as bad as Sherman's A&M was in his last year to pull the trigger.

See, this is the challenge. Bo will consistently have NU at 8-10 wins, which is good enough for most coach's to keep their jobs. It's the point ABOVE the "easy to fire" point but below the "easy to keep" point. I just think Nebraska needs a coach that can put y'all in a position to WIN championships.

I like Bo, I just don't think he's "the guy"

Yup and there are a lot of people happy with the situation because they are afraid we will go back to Bill Callahan. Bo is a DC and nothing more. He is simply not capable of taking this team to a Naitonal Championship or a B1G championship for that matter. Everytime we play in a BIG game, we eat sh*t.

I don't think that this season is going to be a disaster, but we still could have 3 or 4 more losses. There are some teams that struggled this last weekend just like we did. I am one person that feels it is time to rethink the coaching staff. I would love to have Bo as our defensive coordinator and that's his only job. Many people argue that he is basically the DC right now anyway and that very well could be, but he needs to have just that on his plate and not all of the other politics that goes along wtih the head coaching job. There's no way that he would possibly take the step back to just be our DC, so we would basically lose him if it was suggested. I love Bo and I want him to stay here, but we need a head coach.

I think Taylor Martinez is the problem with the offense. I think he has some GREATness to him... but he also has a lot of negatives to him which to me overwhelm the greatness. Bo has been here going on 6 years now... and Taylor has been his QB for 4 years. To me, he has the same issues he had earlier in his career. He struggles to throw the ball like a SR/Major D1/BCS program should throw the ball. Beck has taught him to slide, not take hits, try to make decisions like a Pro QB would... but Taylor just isn't that kind of QB. He thrives best in Zone Read situations where he hands off or runs straight through a crease. He can't seem to throw very well or very promisingly over 15 yds. Most of his passes are 5-15yd passes. He misses open Receivers on deep balls over and over again in games. I think we have some pretty good receivers if we had a QB that could get them well thrown consistent balls in a variety of ways. Taylor has historically fumbled balls in almost every game each of the last 3 years. He struggles to keep his eyes downfield and continue to look for receivers when he scrambles because he is already thinking about how he can run it. Plus, I think he's been somewhat injured 2 out of the last 3 years. I think he's been playing injured when ppl have thought he was healthy and hiding it. I think Taylor knows the offense. I think he knows how to read defenses. I think he is an incredible creasing runner. I think he has incredible speed. But when it comes to the peaceful/calm/controlled/take charge/don't panic and don't make haste decision QB... he's just not there at this time in his life. I mean give the guy some major props in his work ethic, his attitude, his way of handling scrutiny. He has character and humility and it shows. You gotta love the guy as a person.... but I just haven't seen him succeed in these areas that have ended up killing us. And I don't think Beck is calling the right plays for his ability and strengths... he's trying to make him into a QB that can run the plays he wants to run and because Taylor can't do all that it limits our offense.

• Fire 1