Thank You BO

I asked myself the same about Dabo at Clemson. He then went out and Clemson, got him the thing Bo is lacking. Morris and Venables. Two big time, high name coordinators to allow him to concentrate on the big picture.

For all intensive purposes, Bo has the ability to be a HC. Character, academics, scandal free, recruiting are all positives. BUT he can;t be the DC and teach the DC his job, or the OC, head recruiter etc... NU needs to hire competent staff to help.

If Bo wants to stay (he might want out?) it will be done at the cost of some friends being let go. Just y .02

I honesty don't believe Bo would be offered a better HC position than the one he has now...just sayin, his market value has dropped.

If you don't mind me interjecting an A&M analogy, I see Bo as y'alls Mike Sherman.

Here's what I mean:

We had Fran. Fran was TURRIBLE. His recruiting was crap, he damaged our relationship with a lot of Texas HS coaches, and shat all over a lot of our traditions. He had a couple of flashes of greatness, but nothing panned out. Then we brought in Mike Sherman. He righted the ship. Recruiting got better, relationships improved, our traditions were honored, and the team started winning again. HE was never able to win the REALLY big games (although he did beat Texas a couple of times). He was never going to be the coach to win us championships, but he laid the foundation for a great team down the line...a team that Aggies are starting to see now with Kevin Sumlin.

This is the point where Nebraska is. Bo has repaired the damage done to the program by Callahan, but I just don't see him coaching y'all to a Natty or even a B1G Championship. It doesn't matter if he gets you to the CCG if you keep getting blown out. Bo is a good coach, but he's not a great coach, and he's not the coach to bring the Huskers to the next level. Like I said, he's your Sherman. What you need it to find your "Sumlin." Who is it that can take Nebraska to the next level?

IT seems simple enough, but finding the right coach is never easy.

spot on...exactly.

If you don't mind me interjecting an A&M analogy, I see Bo as y'alls Mike Sherman.

Here's what I mean:

We had Fran. Fran was TURRIBLE. His recruiting was crap, he damaged our relationship with a lot of Texas HS coaches, and shat all over a lot of our traditions. He had a couple of flashes of greatness, but nothing panned out. Then we brought in Mike Sherman. He righted the ship. Recruiting got better, relationships improved, our traditions were honored, and the team started winning again. HE was never able to win the REALLY big games (although he did beat Texas a couple of times). He was never going to be the coach to win us championships, but he laid the foundation for a great team down the line...a team that Aggies are starting to see now with Kevin Sumlin.

This is the point where Nebraska is. Bo has repaired the damage done to the program by Callahan, but I just don't see him coaching y'all to a Natty or even a B1G Championship. It doesn't matter if he gets you to the CCG if you keep getting blown out. Bo is a good coach, but he's not a great coach, and he's not the coach to bring the Huskers to the next level. Like I said, he's your Sherman. What you need it to find your "Sumlin." Who is it that can take Nebraska to the next level?

IT seems simple enough, but finding the right coach is never easy.

That's a pretty accurate perspective. I really cant argue with.

But there's one issue. Will Bo's Nebraska ever get as bad as Sherman's A&M was in his last year to pull the trigger?

I can't stand Dirk Chatelain, but now looking back to his January column, he kinda did hit the nail on the head. "Not good enough to get us over the top, not bad enough to fire. Football purgatory". I'm starting to feel that way myself. I just really cant wait to see how the team comes out next week. Feeling a little anxiety on my end.

• Fire 1
But there's one issue. Will Bo's Nebraska ever get as bad as Sherman's A&M was in his last year to pull the trigger.

See, this is the challenge. Bo will consistently have NU at 8-10 wins, which is good enough for most coach's to keep their jobs. It's the point ABOVE the "easy to fire" point but below the "easy to keep" point. I just think Nebraska needs a coach that can put y'all in a position to WIN championships.

I like Bo, I just don't think he's "the guy"

I hope Bo makes it work here. Not just for Cornhusker fans but for himself also.. I think he loves the tradition of our program and would like nothing better, than to follow in the foot steps of, BD&TO. Can he get us to the next level, I don't know, but I thought he was the right hire, at the time. Just like TO, maybe he needs more time, before we run him out of town. GBR!!!

I admit under first 3 years Callahan era, I was a staunch Cal lovers. Now I'm not a Bo-hater member, yet, but running low on patience. Hard-fought losses are okay but lopsided and embarrassing losses in national TV...not acceptable! Face it, last year we are lucky to win against Badgers, Michigan (less Robinson&Gardner), Northwestern, Penn St and even low life Iowa (cardiac kids).

He's done so many good things for his kids and for the program/university that I fiercely and passionately wish he would get it figured out and enjoy finishing out his career here with success and respect.

Just don't know if he's capable of it.

Agree. Well said.

I generally agree... (just how much he has brought to the university, I am not sure that I agree there... I think in terms of national image of the program, he likely cost the university more than he added). But...

I certainly agree that I wish him success. Of course. He is currently our coach and doubtless we all want him to figure it out. And I agree too that it is unlikely that he will figure it out. But by all means I hope he will... or if not him, then the next guy.

I had really hoped that Bo could be the guy to take us there. I look up to him as a person and think he instills great values in the young men that go through his program. However, the blowout embarrassing losses are just too much. I could deal with hard-fought close battles, but it has been a while since Bo's team has gotten out of its own way in big games. If he can turn it around the rest of the season, I'll be back on board supporting him as a coach, but as of Saturday, I hit my breaking point. If he can't turn it around, it's time to find someone who can put a better product on the field.

Huskershark:

you say what many others have said here too... that you like values Bo instilled.

man... I struggle with that. I just do not see a grown man who throws temper tantrums (albeit he has not done that for a while.. but he did early on), who berates players publicly on the sidelines, who does not often take any blame for the problems on the team --- and throws his players and their "lack of execution" under the bus --- I have a hard time respecting that.

Now... players do graduate and that is wonderful --- what Bo inherited there he maintained. Good for him. And... as far as we know, the team has no major off-field problems and there is no hint of any violations associated with anything. That too is to Bo's credit. So I do see good things --- important and good things to commend Bo for. But the conduct he has portrayed (admittedly more in his past than his present ... save for the blaming the players) makes me question the notion of "great values."

He's done so many good things for his kids and for the program/university that I fiercely and passionately wish he would get it figured out and enjoy finishing out his career here with success and respect.

This is where I am right now. I have supported him over and over again when people doubted his ability to get is to where we want to go.

After Saturday, I have a hard time doing that. I am literally speechless as to what to say.

Pretty much sums up what I'm feeling, at this time. I appreciate what he's done for us here, but there comes a time when all your does is get good grades and stay out of trouble only take you so far. 9-10 wins are nice, but it's been 6 years and we haven't seen much (if any) improvement. I like Bo, and always will, but time to show the fan base you can win the big game.

I asked myself the same about Dabo at Clemson. He then went out and Clemson, got him the thing Bo is lacking. Morris and Venables. Two big time, high name coordinators to allow him to concentrate on the big picture.

For all intensive purposes, Bo has the ability to be a HC. Character, academics, scandal free, recruiting are all positives. BUT he can;t be the DC and teach the DC his job, or the OC, head recruiter etc... NU needs to hire competent staff to help.

If Bo wants to stay (he might want out?) it will be done at the cost of some friends being let go. Just y .02

This ^^

The biggest question is whether Bo can admit he needs to hire some decent coordinators and give them the power to operate. It seems his buddy hires have the appearance of title holders who cannot/do not challenge him.

Yep. I've been saying it for a couple years now. I spent much of that time speculating (and hoping!) that Bo could prove me wrong. That seems less likely each season.