Monday Morning Press Conference

epocSoN

"If he feels like that, so be it. We don’t need him. That’s a shame." - Bo Pelini on Tommie Frazier's harsh words of program

...or maybe NU does need someone like Tommy Frazier to call out the players and coaches, but someone is not intelligent enough (or too arrogant) to see it.

I would rather see Bo go and Tommy stick around.

why? and in what capacity from tommie?

But also, Frazier is a prick. An open prick.

One can be a prick, even an open prick, and still be right.

Pelini better figure out (very soon) what Callahan never did: Just because Daddy Osborne gave you the keys to the car, that doesn't mean you own it. Pelini is fast on his way to riding his bike back to Ohio.

But also, Frazier is a prick. An open prick.

One can be a prick, even an open prick, and still be right.

Pelini better figure out (very soon) what Callahan never did: Just because Daddy Osborne gave you the keys to the car, that doesn't mean you own it. Pelini is fast on his way to riding his bike back to Ohio.

mix metaphors much? jeez.

What I think is hilarious is that when Peter runs his mouth about the Huskers people are say he is an ass, jerk, and is too far removed from the game. Tommie calls them out and it is gospel. Tommie is one of my favorite players of all time. However, him calling the players out is not going to help. Some of these guys could care less what a guy from the 90s think of them today....same for Bo. I will agree Bo could have answered the question differently to be PC, but then people would be calling Bo a pu&&y for using 'coach speak'.

I hope things get turned around. It does seem like some of the guys put their tails between their legs and gave up. THIS is what pisses me off the most. I am guessing there will be changes made to the line up to send messages.

WHY???

Tell you what, I will see if I can round up some recordings of the last half dozen games Nebraska played. You watch them, play close attention to how Nebraska does, and then see if you still feel the need to ask that question.

As for keeping Tommie Frazier around instead of Bo, that is nothing more than a personal choice: I like people with attitudes that have produced over people with attitudes that haven't. If Bo can lift a conference trophy at the end of the season, then all is well.

mix metaphors much? jeez.

Boy, that's a killer.

However, it is not a mixed metaphor it is a metaphor that flew over your head. When Daddy takes the keys away, then one is demoted back to riding his bike back and forth to work. In Bo's case, that work is probably DB coach at Youngstown State.

No keys to the car = riding your bike. Get it?...even a little?. :laughpound

WHY???

Tell you what, I will see if I can round up some recordings of the last half dozen games Nebraska played. You watch them, play close attention to how Nebraska does, and then see if you still feel the need to ask that question.

As for keeping Tommie Frazier around instead of Bo, that is nothing more than a personal choice: I like people with attitudes that have produced over people with attitudes that haven't. If Bo can lift a conference trophy at the end of the season, then all is well.

i asked why you would rather keep tommie over bo. frankly, you really did not answer it. bo is coaching the team, tommie is sitting in, no doubt, a la-z-boy watching the game and then saying whatever he wants. anyone can be an armchair qb, how does that help the team?

He talked a lot about pressure from the culture and fans, and how it effects him, the coaching staff and the players. They are being cognizant of that pressure, and doing whatever they can to ease pressure on the kids, but he said it was difficult.

Seems like the best way to do this is to prepare them for success. By that I mean not shutting down and trying to protect a 21-3 with more than half the game to go. And maybe simplifying the defense so that it's easier for them to execute.

i asked why you would rather keep tommie over bo. frankly, you really did not answer it.

Here's the answer:

Bo is a surly, stand-offish, secretive, hot tempered coach whose defense (which is his self admitted strength) currently ranks 105th out of 123 teams. His offense ranks 53rd (thank you, Southern Miss!). One can get by in life either on personality/people skills or on results, but having neither is usually a career killer.

Tommie put hardware in the trophy case. Ron Brown himself said that Tommie sacrificed being a popular player for being a leader. I was at a talk where Ron Brown said Tommie, as a freshman, yelled at the Senior offensive line to "...shut up and listen when you are in MY huddle!" That probably explains why Tommie never was a team captain, but Tommie didn't need a title to be a leader, and if he didn't have everybody's heart, he had their respect, at least on Saturdays.

Tommie is a connection between the greatest years at Nebraska and the present. Bo is a connection between the past suckage of the Callahan years and the present suckage. I pick what Tommie represents, not Bo...but as I said, Bo lifting the Big 10 Conference trophy at the end of the year would make all the difference in the world. That's all...just produce.

i asked why you would rather keep tommie over bo. frankly, you really did not answer it.

Here's the answer:

Bo is a surly, stand-offish, secretive, hot tempered coach whose defense (which is his self admitted strength) currently ranks 105th out of 123 teams. His offense ranks 53rd (thank you, Southern Miss!). One can get by in life either on personality/people skills or on results, but having neither is usually a career killer.

Tommie put hardware in the trophy case. Ron Brown himself said that Tommie sacrificed being a popular player for being a leader. I was at a talk where Ron Brown said Tommie, as a freshman, yelled at the Senior offensive line to "...shut up and listen when you are in MY huddle!" That probably explains why Tommie never was a team captain, but Tommie didn't need a title to be a leader, and if he didn't have everybody's heart, he had their respect, at least on Saturdays.

Tommie is a connection between the greatest years at Nebraska and the present. Bo is a connection between the past suckage of the Callahan years and the present suckage. I pick what Tommie represents, not Bo...but as I said, Bo lifting the Big 10 Conference trophy at the end of the year would make all the difference in the world. That's all...just produce.

Bowfin. Tommie's actions and leadership as a player are NOT the issue here. Dont bring that stuff into this. He's an a-hole, he's been an a-hole since he played, and he's probably going to be an a-hole for the forseeable future. There are more stories of negative interactions with him than positive ones.

As said earlier, why doesnt Damon Benning catch more grief for his criticisms? it's pretty obvious aint it?