Monday Morning Press Conference

epocSoN

I like Ameers response in regards to the fans expectations.

Our expectations don't mean a damn thing to the players, and they shouldnt. The team and the players are hurt far more than us fans with games like that. Our feelings shouldn't matter a damn bit to anybody on that team.

why should the fans care about the huskers if that is how they feel about the fans?

My point is the players shouldn't care if our feelings are hurt, as they are hurting far more than any of us. They shouldn't go out and be like..."Man, we gotta go out and score a TD for the fans, they would really like that!"

They should be like "We need to go out and put a score on the board and win this game!"

Some of you seem to have some sort of a "Me complex". The players should care about me and my feelings! They hurt my feelings and embarrass me when they play and they shouldn't! How in the frak do you think they feel? My god.

• Fire 2

Our expectations don't mean a damn thing to the players, and they shouldnt. The team and the players are hurt far more than us fans with games like that. Our feelings shouldn't matter a damn bit to anybody on that team.

why should the fans care about the huskers if that is how they feel about the fans?

you tell me. go ahead and stop caring if you're upset about it. won't bother the players any.

Jamal Turner not going to start at PR anymore...

Zo Moore gonna play more...

here's a guy who Beck can't seem to get enough touches......Beck pisses away good talent every year.

He's a true freshman in his 3rd game. Give me a frickin break.

Turner? wtf>>>>

Thought you were referring to Moore. Apologies.

Turner? I agree.

It's interesting to me that Martinez takes so much heat, and rightfully so, yet Ameer gets virtually no criticism. No one questions Ameer's leadership even though he seems to always fumble/muff punts in crucial situations. We were not likely to overcome UCLA but leave it to Ameer to fumble at the 5 to ensure we have nothing positive in the second half. He runs hard and gives great effort, but i'm not sure why he's still the starter based on what i've seen from Cross and Newby. and i get it, a total team failure, but I've seen enough of Ameer fumbling.

We were the more athletic team on the field Saturday. PERIOD.

Absolutely. It's the job of the coach to use that athleticism. Did anybody see the coaches get after the kids after the "snowball effect" started happening? I can't recall ever seeing the coaches laying into the kids or getting upset.

Were you watching on TV? I noticed multiple times coaches trying to fire kids up. Coach Kaz did all he could on the sidelines.

I was pretty drunk, so I honestly didn't remember.

It's interesting to me that Martinez takes so much heat, and rightfully so, yet Ameer gets virtually no criticism. No one questions Ameer's leadership even though he seems to always fumble/muff punts in crucial situations. We were not likely to overcome UCLA but leave it to Ameer to fumble at the 5 to ensure we have nothing positive in the second half. He runs hard and gives great effort, but i'm not sure why he's still the starter based on what i've seen from Cross and Newby. and i get it, a total team failure, but I've seen enough of Ameer fumbling.

TBH, the fumble was just a good play made by Barr. A block was completely missed and Ameer didnt even have time to secure the ball after getting it.

It happens, and isnt totally inexcusable but its not all on him.

That said, I still don't know why Cross didnt get many carries last game.

Ameer has had a very disappointing season thus far. Cross has clearly out performed him, yet finds himself on the bench for the better part of the game.

My issue over the past few seasons is not that we've lost games but it's how we lost those games. Losing to a good football team on any given night is not an issue but giving up 70 points here, 650 yards to Wyoming there is never a good sign of things to come. The games that we have lost recently have been total meltdown types where we just seem to pack it in and lay down; that worries me the most. I want Bo to be the guy and I want to win conference titles and get back into the overall picture but I'm not sure he's the one to do it. This isn't based off of the UCLA games but rather the past few seasons where we have had games when the wheels fell off.

Side note: Even now when I see us being passed over on ESPN for highlights or when we're not a prime time topic, I'm confused. I'm so used to us being in the top 10 and constantly in the big picture but it seems these days...we're just a step behind.

Our team has been emotionally fragile for quite some time. 2009 was the last year we responded very well at all to adversity. The team folded after UCLA's QB broke a couple of tackles for a first down which eventually ended in a TD at the end of the first half. Athletically, we're fine. Mentally, we're far from fine. The mental side is where we need vast improvement. We can't just recruit away this problem.

Ameer has had a very disappointing season thus far. Cross has clearly out performed him, yet finds himself on the bench for the better part of the game.

Abdullah has almost started the year out with 3 100 yard games (got 98 against UCLA). He's on pace for over 1300 yards for the season. He hasn't met expectations, but he hasn't been a disappointment. Hell, only a handful of guys on offense have come close to meeting or exceeding expectations (Newby, Cross, Enunwa, and Bell are the only ones off the top of my head). The whole offense has been a disappointment more than any individual players.

The whole offense has been a dissappointment. Way more so than the defense

They were supposed to be the crutch this year to allow the youngsters time to grow. At this, they havent been too many steps-if any-above a liability. Both units performed lights-out elite at times saturday, and other times brute-ass poor. That 93 yard td drive in the 1st quarter was a thing of absolute beauty. Probably the most complete drive offensively of the Pelini era.

I love this quote right here:

Mike'l Severe@MikelSevere 59m

It's fun as F' to win. Winning is as fun as damn near anything in this world. Prepare to perform, it's a simple statement.

I've said this multiple times, to multiple teams that I've played on, as well as the team I'm coaching right now. You think it's fun to go screw around during practice, but it's nothing compared to the amount of fun that you have winning games, coupled with the satisfaction of knowing you did everything in your power to uphold your obligations with your teammates. Just win. Then party.

For the record, I think what Bo is saying with that statement is that he wants his guys to be able to play fast and not think so much. That's how I took it at least.

Our team has been emotionally fragile for quite some time. 2009 was the last year we responded very well at all to adversity. The team folded after UCLA's QB broke a couple of tackles for a first down which eventually ended in a TD at the end of the first half. Athletically, we're fine. Mentally, we're far from fine. The mental side is where we need vast improvement. We can't just recruit away this problem.

You realize the team last season stood in the face of adversity multiple times and came out on top right?.......

You realize the team last season stood in the face of adversity multiple times and came out on top right?.......

[ am sure you are not counting Wisconsin and Georgia, right?