Monday Morning Press Conference

epocSoN

I’m probably in the minority here but I have to “root” for the guy and I sincerely hope he can right the ship

I agree with what robsker and epocson said - you're not in the minority. I want Pelini to be our coach until he retires and I certainly don't want to see him fired. But, with that would come an ability to play good football and win big games/conference titles, obviously. Pelini is no slouch - he knows his teams haven't played well better than any of us. Where the line is drawn is it's his problem to fix, not ours.

I really Pelini and want him to do well, and I think many fans feel the same.

I thought at times in the first half we did a lot of good thing defensively. For whatever reason in the second half, they didn't change much and we didn't change much. We didn't execute, got on our heels and played passively and non-aggressively. It was as much of a mental thing as a physical thing

Completely agree with this. There was nothing about UCLA's athletes that impressed me compared to ours. It wasn't about the athleticism, it was about the effort.

UCLA came prepared to play four tough quarters of football. The Huskers were ready to play maybe 1/3 of that.

Happens all the time.

He talked a lot about pressure from the culture and fans, and how it effects him, the coaching staff and the players. They are being cognizant of that pressure, and doing whatever they can to ease pressure on the kids, but he said it was difficult.

yeah, sorry Bo, we should not get upset when we give up 600 yard games and cave in...

And then we go rabble rabble rabble. Repeat repeat repeat.........I do wonder if he realizes he says the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.........

I've never heard him say what he said to start the presser. Bash the guy all you want, but he realizes what's wrong for the most part. Now he just has to find a way to fix it.

• Fire 1

Completely agree with this. There was nothing about UCLA's athletes that impressed me compared to ours. It wasn't about the athleticism, it was about the effort.

UCLA came prepared to play four tough quarters of football. The Huskers were ready to play maybe 1/3 of that.

Happens all the time.

Yep. I have full confidence that adjustments and the like are made during football games, but there's obviously a disconnect somewhere and I don't think it has much to do with athleticism, talent or physical ability, because those adjustments don't carry over from the locker room or sidelines.

I hate to speculate about practices and everything else we never see that much, but plenty of people seem to think we practice "soft." I have no personal ability to confirm or deny this, but it's becoming a common idea.

And then we go rabble rabble rabble. Repeat repeat repeat.........I do wonder if he realizes he says the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.........

I've never heard him say what he said to start the presser. Bash the guy all you want, but he realizes what's wrong for the most part. Now he just has to find a way to fix it.

I missed the beginning. I liked the part where he started to say " how " he was going to fix some things. I like to hear we have a plan on how to fix it instead of just pointing out all that went wrong and we don't know why.

Happens all the time.

Yep. I have full confidence that adjustments and the like are made during football games, but there's obviously a disconnect somewhere and I don't think it has much to do with athleticism, talent or physical ability, because those adjustments don't carry over from the locker room or sidelines.

I hate to speculate about practices and everything else we never see that much, but plenty of people seem to think we practice "soft." I have no personal ability to confirm or deny this, but it's becoming a common idea.

It's an idea I've said for years now. the complex game plans, complex scheming for each team on both sides of the ball. All the time in the film room these guys talk about. The poor tackles and poor angles on Gameday. What more evidence do we need to see that these guys are not seeing enough live action and contact.