South Dakota State: Let's talk about our next opponent

ladyhawke

What are we looking at here? Who are their key players? Let's move on folks. I'm tired of all the other garbage. Time to just move on.

There are a quite a few kids from Nebraska on their roster:

Stacy Keely-Omaha (TE-FR)

Brandon Hubert-Gretna (WR-SR)

Tom Peitz-Crofton (LB-FR)

Jimmie Forsythe-Omaha (DB-SO)

Matt Peitz-Crofton (LS-SR)

Taylor Suess-Columbia (OL-SR)

Mike Shoff-Cambridge (OL-FR)

Josh Kage-Omaha (DL/JR)

Matt Raymond-Elkhorn (WR-SO)

Jordan Brichacek-Rogers (DL-FR)

The Jackrabbits are 3-0 coming in to play against us. I would be interested in hearing what type of offense they play, what are their strengths/weaknesses. Anyone familiar with this team?

• Fire 1

The Jackrabbits are 3-0 coming in to play against us. I would be interested in hearing what type of offense they play, what are their strengths/weaknesses. Anyone familiar with this team?

Offense is good. Weak link, defense.

IB Zenner is a cross between Rex and Woodhead. Named to Sports Network Preseason All-America First Team and appears on the 2013 Walter Payton Award Watch List. Against North Dakota, Zenner's stats got 296 yards gain with 3 TD !! Yes, 296 yards !

Experienced QB, mostly pocket passing but occasionally runner. Last game, 8 QB rushing attempts, 50 yards gain

Sixth-ranked in FCS poll (Bohl's crew rated #1)

Butler Univ - W

@North Dakota - W

SE Louisiana - W

KQNLMDYKTZQPIQK.20130823025146.jpgXUNFXPQEGQYLYPA.20130823025146.jpg

Zach Zenner -------------QB Austin Sumner

Husker defense beware! This kid is not to be taken lightly and is no fluke. And, considering our past performances on defense against the run, take him seriously.

South Dakota State's offense is led by junior running back Zach Zenner, a unanimous 1-AA all-American honoree in 2012. Last year, Zenner rushed for 2,044 yards to lead all 1-AA rushers, averaging 6.8 yards per carry and scoring 13 touchdowns. Listed at 6'0" and 215 pounds, Zenner started the season with a 99 yard touchdown run in the first quarter against Kansas, and never let off the gas all season long. Zenner rushed for more than 100 yards in nine games, and topped the 200 yard mark in three of them.

I simply hope that NU plays well and that the fans show up, fill the seats and cheer. Also, I hope no one boos. NU does not need its fans booing the coach. This has been a rough week for NU... may it be a good game where all the distractions are set aside and cheering fans and good football is the only thing in view.

If TMart sits for injury... the O will need to really strap up and play hard and balanced football. Run the ball. Kill the clock. Keep out D off the field. Run some more.

• Fire 4

Offense is good. Weak link, defense.

IB Zenner is a cross between Rex and Woodhead. Named to Sports Network Preseason All-America First Team and appears on the 2013 Walter Payton Award Watch List. Against North Dakota, Zenner's stats got 296 yards gain with 3 TD !! Yes, 296 yards !

Experienced QB, mostly pocket passing but occasionally runner. Last game, 8 QB rushing attempts, 50 yards gain

Sixth-ranked in FCS poll (Bohl's crew rated #1)

Butler Univ - W

@North Dakota - W

SE Louisiana - W

KQNLMDYKTZQPIQK.20130823025146.jpgXUNFXPQEGQYLYPA.20130823025146.jpg

Zach Zenner -------------QB Austin Sumner

Isn't that what we said was the weak link against UCLA and how'd that turn out?

Hey, Husker fans. I'm both an avid Jacks and Huskers fan so will give you my $.02 on the Jackrabbits. They are the only team I would wear anything but red for in Lincoln. The Jacks are a fundamentally sound football team. The offense is our strength. Great rushing attack mixed with a lot of play action. Solid O-line creates great holes for Zach Zenner. He's the real deal. Quarterback is a solid player and has adequate receivers. Our defense is young but playing well. The D-line and LB's are solid. Weak link is D-Backs but last week they had four picks. Have struggled to get pressure on the quarterback. Solid special teams play and a very good PK. The Jacks played N to 17-3 game three years ago. This Jackrabbit team is a lot better than that team. I know it sounds clichéd but they are coming to Lincoln to win the game. They are looking for a signature win to elevate the program. Big Red needs to be ready to play. Will they be? Isn't that the million dollar question. As a season ticket-holder for both, this is an exciting week. It's a big stage for SDSU. Yeah, and we're getting a much needed check. If the Huskers rally around the coach then I expect a fairly easy win for them. Bring the B or C game then watch out. Pelini was very complimentary of SDSU a few years ago. No way he is sleeping through this one. Should be interesting. My inner Husker is hurting but my inner Jackrabbit smells blood in the water and can't wait for the opportunity. Nothing like a game in Lincoln! See you Friday night! SUPERBUNNY

• Fire 1