How Does Bo Recover?

billdozer15

A newish head coach who hasn't brought in people with different perspectives on defense to change things up, challenge his own ways, etc? Far more probable. And for those idiotic posts, you're on ignore. Welcome.

this is also a DC who has won a National Title. All of a sudden he can't make adjustments and can't teach fundamentals? bullsh#t.

You serious Clark?

2003013-godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_face_palm_epic_fail_demotivational_poster_1245384435.jpg

If in fact Bo has been looking for another job every year we should just let him go. No point in keeping a coach who has his eye on other jobs constantly. We shouldn't be afraid just to keep Bo because of the unknown. I'd rather find someone who wants to be here. Food for thought Bo might be tanking the big time games on purpose so he could get fired but do it on his own terms. Also why we keep getting worse cause Bo probably just doesn't care as much anymore.

You really shouldnt be allowed to think anymore.

shut up.

OK.

lalalalalalala alallallaal alalallalalallaa lalalaalalallalaal

Bo is a walking bulls eye right now and that's not saying he didn't put the target on his own back and load the gun. The microscope was already on him by the media (antics) and antsy fans (losing big games). Keep in mind the guy is wearing a heavy "Red N" crown right now. I think his fate lies with the fan base....how loyal are we? Do with stick or run? For the players sake I hope "stick" Even if Bo is welcomed back does he or his family want to bear the burden of being the most judged and disliked guy this side of the Missouri River?

I am not sure that Bo can regain the trust of every fan for Nebraska. It is sad, but I don't think he can. First of all he needs to win that is the most important thing. He has to get defense and offense playing better. I really do think it is a mental thing with these guys, they don't know how to stop the downward spiral once it stops. They play too tight in big games. Change that and things may get better. I know that sounds simplistic and it is, but the way to get to that point is probably pretty complicated.

I am not sure that Bo can regain the trust of every fan for Nebraska. It is sad, but I don't think he can. First of all he needs to win that is the most important thing. He has to get defense and offense playing better. I really do think it is a mental thing with these guys, they don't know how to stop the downward spiral once it stops. They play too tight in big games. Change that and things may get better. I know that sounds simplistic and it is, but the way to get to that point is probably pretty complicated.

he never had it in the first place. but i agree with your post.

The most "damning" part of the tape was the verbiage that seemed to suggest Bo was looking for greener pastures.

I am guessing that he knew the win over Ohio State just put him one step closer to the Ohio State job. He didn't get it, and since hasn't been actively looking. I wouldn't have blamed Bo one bit for going to Ohio State. I think he might have been talking specifically about that job, since this was recorded immediately after that game...not about jobs in general. In which I'm ok with that part.

That POS was lying his ass off when he said he wasn't looking for other jobs. He wanted the Miami job big time, but SE was smart enough not to hire him. He used looking for other jobs as leverage to get pay raises, which is fine if you are successful, which he hasn't been by true Nebraska standards. And no I'm not talking about MNC's, I am just talking about having a team that is well coached, prepared, and doesn't embarrass themselves every time they play a team with a pulse.

With that said, Harvey can't stand Bo, so he is as good as gone. It is a matter of when, not if.

Very True, but I want him to succeed. He has lots of the qualities that Nebraska fans want in a coach. He just has this Ohio rust belt Catholic temper and stubbornness. Trust me I have coached against Catholic HS he comes by that mouth naturally. That is the way majority of them talk.

If in fact Bo has been looking for another job every year we should just let him go. No point in keeping a coach who has his eye on other jobs constantly. We shouldn't be afraid just to keep Bo because of the unknown. I'd rather find someone who wants to be here. Food for thought Bo might be tanking the big time games on purpose so he could get fired but do it on his own terms. Also why we keep getting worse cause Bo probably just doesn't care as much anymore.

bullsh#t.

a defensive genius who can gets his defense shredded? highly improbable.

How does getting stomped help him land his next coaching gig? I can't believe you are serious about that comment. It may be the stupidest thing I have ever read, and I read a lot.

it helps him because he can play off the recruit angle. If he says he can't bring in the recruits he needs he may get the benefit of doubt. remember those 2009 and 2010 were still Callahan's recruits.

That is why I have always thought that if SP didn't screw things up so badly in 2004 to where we could have had Bo as BC's DC, in which they would cover each other weaknesses (motovation for BC and recruiting for Bo) like a coaching staff is supposed to do, then we would be in a much better place right now as a program.

Very True, but I want him to succeed. He has lots of the qualities that Nebraska fans want in a coach. He just has this Ohio rust belt Catholic temper and stubbornness. Trust me I have coached against Catholic HS he comes by that mouth naturally. That is the way majority of them talk.

i completely agree. i just think this is a feeding frenzy for those who have been calling for his head since he started here.

• Fire 1

Rumor has it Bo was gone the week before the curb stomping B1G Championship game. Bye golly that was the time the Arkansas job was open.

At the time I wondered if that had something to do with the team's performance and perhaps even some other performances too. Hard to concentrate on what you're doing if attention is diverted elsewhere. Not saying this happened, just that I've considered it.

I've been through a lot of emotion on this. I think right now I am at a place where I believe this may be a blessing in disguise. I really think this may have been the severe slap in the face no needed to change some of his ways. I like his fire and his toughness, but his stubborness has been getting in the way of him progressing as a coach. I hope this him me him and helps him realize change is necessary for growth. If it does I have no problem fully supporting him as the coach of the huskers. Unfortunately it took this perfect sh#t storm to mAke it happen. But the end result is what matters. GBR!

Well it took a long time for me to finally see, now that I have taken off my scarlet sunglasses, that not every coach wants to be here for ever. I had know idea Bo was looking for a different job. I knew he had been talked to, but I thought other schools had initiated it. Too bad it wasn't the job he thought it was. Oh well, hope he does well with what ever time he has left at the school. It will no longer bother me if he leaves. I would wish him well and hope, the next one is better. GBR!!!