I heard USC wants Fitzgerald....bad

First Kiffen, and now Fitzgerald. I think USC give extra credit for good looks when it comes to hiring a coach. Not bagging on Fitzgerald or anything. But there are probably better coaches out there than him for a school like USC.

UTwat--Art Briles

Nebraska---Patterson

If these are true:

If Fitzgerald recruits HALF as well at USC as he does at Northwestern, USC will be a force in no time.

Texas already has a coach that can't seem to put a defense on the field. Why would they go after a coach that never puts a defense on the field?

Patterson? As in Gary Patterson at TCU? The Texas connections would be nice but tell me what he has accomplished that is so much greater than the coach we have now? What does he bring to the table more than Bo?

UTwat--Art Briles

Nebraska---Patterson

If these are true:

If Fitzgerald recruits HALF as well at USC as he does at Northwestern, USC will be a force in no time.

Texas already has a coach that can't seem to put a defense on the field. Why would they go after a coach that never puts a defense on the field?

Pretty sure recruiting at U$C isn't the problem.

Quite a difference in the caliber of players you can get between NW and Texas. You can see the difference in our defense between having really good players and average players.

UTwat--Art Briles

Nebraska---Patterson

If these are true:

Pretty sure recruiting at U$C isn't the problem.

Quite a difference in the caliber of players you can get between NW and Texas. You can see the difference in our defense between having really good players and average players.

I am not sure I understand your second point. Texas supposedly gets the pick of the litter every year and they have been on a bit of a slump as of late. Northwestern on the other hand has been on the upswing. I believe the coach has a lot to do with the success.

I am not sure I understand your second point. Texas supposedly gets the pick of the litter every year and they have been on a bit of a slump as of late. Northwestern on the other hand has been on the upswing. I believe the coach has a lot to do with the success.

My point is I'm not sure you can say Fitzgerald can't get a defense until he has a chance to get some higher-quality athletes on the field - which he would certainly do at Texas. NW has had two four-star defensive recruits in the last five years. A couple years ago, Texas got a five-star and six four-stars in one year.

UTwat--Art Briles

Nebraska---Patterson

Patterson? As in Gary Patterson at TCU? The Texas connections would be nice but tell me what he has accomplished that is so much greater than the coach we have now? What does he bring to the table more than Bo?

Yeah, I don't see Patterson leaving TCU. He likes it there quite a bit.

But, if NU was to hire Patterson, that means my uncle would be working for DONU :)

UTwat--Art Briles

Nebraska---Patterson

If these are true:

Not sure if serious....Patterson has multiple 11 win seasons. won the conference title 4 times. 2 bcs bowl games, 1 of which he won over Wisconsin. undefeated season. Sure Gary has had some down years but he is also capable of getting over the hump and not stagnating. That's what he has over Bo.

• Fire 1

UTwat--Art Briles

Nebraska---Patterson

If these are true:

Not sure if serious....Patterson has multiple 11 win seasons. won the conference title 4 times. 2 bcs bowl games, 1 of which he won over Wisconsin. undefeated season. Sure Gary has had some down years but he is also capable of getting over the hump and not stagnating. That's what he has over Bo.

He won the MWC! WOW! I love how everybody talks sh#t on Boise for being in a crap conference, but then Patterson gets credit for winning a sh#t conference when it suits the argument in their favor...

UTwat--Art Briles

Nebraska---Patterson

If these are true:

And also, like, 80 percent of his team failed drug tests.

UTwat--Art Briles

Nebraska---Patterson

If these are true:

He won the MWC! WOW! I love how everybody talks sh#t on Boise for being in a crap conference, but then Patterson gets credit for winning a sh#t conference when it suits the argument in their favor...

all i had to say was 2 bcs bowl games and Bo doesn't have a leg to stand on.

UTwat--Art Briles

Nebraska---Patterson

If these are true:

And also, like, 80 percent of his team failed drug tests.

that was last year after their bcs bowl win. plus how the drugs they are talking about aren't sterioids so i don't know how they are going to help them in the first place. No i am not saying that drugs are ok but it's not the same drugs like in the SEC.

UTwat--Art Briles

Nebraska---Patterson

If these are true:

all i had to say was 2 bcs bowl games and Bo doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Im sure if Bo was coaching in the MWC he would have had a few BCS bowl games also. How has TCU done since joining a BCS conference?