Time for T.O. to come out of retirement again (just for the remainder of the season) to calm the ship ??

Maybe so, but Perlman learn pretty damn quick to start handling things competently in regards to the athletic dept. He screwed it up bigtime 10 years ago, and another wrong decision here could do it again. Coach Osborne isnt gonna be around forever to clean up Harvey's messes.

I dont care either way really right now. I understand both sides of the fence here, and I just happen to be sitting on it at the moment. Seriously. Harvey and Shawn just better make the right decision this time. No or else from me. I'll always be there to show support, but this is without a doubt the most critical moment and decision in the history of Nebraska football.

And if they do decide to let Bo go now, it's means theyre pretty much writing this season off, because I seriously doubt the team will be able to motivate themselves to do what they have to do.

Yeah, they'll really want to come to an environment where fans are so spiteful they record conversations, hang onto them for two years, then drop them anonymously when it would hurt the program most. Welcome to having the worst scrub of a coach anyone could possibly imagine if he really does get fired.

I get a kick out of these people that say no coach will want to coach Nebraska if they fire Bo. Okay...Mr. Doomsday. Thanks for that pearl of wisdom. Coaches are (generally speaking) not a timid bunch. The opportunity to become the head football coach at the University of Nebraska would generate more than a few qualified applicants. Nebraska might even hit the jackpot and hire a coach who wont hire his friends and family to ride his coat-tails; humiliate his players publicly; consistantly under perform against ranked opponents; make inapropriate comments against the Husker Nation and former players; and last but not least, taint he image of Nebraska Football on a national level. So, please tell...what is YOUR definition of a "scrub of a coach"?

IMO those three reasons alone are enough to get anyone canned if you have a very mediocre record, at best, against Top 25 programs.

Time for T.O. to come out of retirement again (just for the remainder of the season) to calm the ship ??

Maybe so, but Perlman learn pretty damn quick to start handling things competently in regards to the athletic dept. He screwed it up bigtime 10 years ago, and another wrong decision here could do it again. Coach Osborne isnt gonna be around forever to clean up Harvey's messes.

I dont care either way really right now. I understand both sides of the fence here, and I just happen to be sitting on it at the moment. Seriously. Harvey and Shawn just better make the right decision this time. No or else from me. I'll always be there to show support, but this is without a doubt the most critical moment and decision in the history of Nebraska football.

+1

Definitely a major decision here. As it has been said on this board many times already, let Bo's fate be decided by on-the-field results. Of course, the jaded person in me wants to think that Harvey is seeking this as a perfect opportunity to get rid of Bo. What would happen if this young defense gelled in mid season, Taylor got 100 percent healthy, and the Huskers ended up winning the BIG title and heading off to the Rose Bowl. Harvey would have missed his moment.

In an unrelated rambling, I suddenly want to type some reference about "Lee" Harvey and a school book depository. That involved a conspiracy too. Maybe the guy that released the tape is the "mystery man on the grassy nole."

And if they do decide to let Bo go now, it's means theyre pretty much writing this season off, because I seriously doubt the team will be able to motivate themselves to do what they have to do.

I am also getting splinters from the fence, although I lean towards keeping Bo.

I was being mostly farcical with the thought. (although if Synder can come back at his age, certainly T.O. can).

The only tiny bit of percentage that brings any credibility to bringing T.O. back to finish the season would be to restore the calmness and prevent the program from spiraling into a morass of funk that would make the resurrection that much more difficult in coming years.

Bo has repeatedly come up short on the field and in his behavior. This is another speed bump on the road to a championship, not. Dabo has succeeded at Clemson, Charlie Strong at Louisville and Muschamp at Florida and none of them has exhibited Bo tendency's. I still have a picture of Bo running down Bill Snyder after that K state game in Lincoln. It wont change folks, that is Bo and if that is the face of the program, count me out. This guy will not change, not now, not ever.

Bo has repeatedly come up short on the field and in his behavior. This is another speed bump on the road to a championship, not. Dabo has succeeded at Clemson, Charlie Strong at Louisville and Muschamp at Florida and none of them has exhibited Bo tendency's. I still have a picture of Bo running down Bill Snyder after that K state game in Lincoln. It wont change folks, that is Bo and if that is the face of the program, count me out. This guy will not change, not now, not ever.

ScreenShot2012-10-27at1.33.06PM_crop_north.png?w=650&h=440&q=75

Dabo has had a losing season, lost to Bo, has one conference championship and gave up 70 points (losing by 37) in their one BCS bowl game and finished ranked in the top 20 once, all while playing in the lackluster ACC.

Strong is a relatively new coach but he had two 7-6 seasons before a pretty good season last year but I think they get too much credit for having one good game (against Florida). They finished in a four-way tie for first the Big East to get there which isn't any big accomplishment.

Muschamp had one good year and one bad year and it's not looking great so far this year. Little early to tell yet.

Dabo has had a losing season, lost to Bo, has one conference championship and gave up 70 points (losing by 37) in their one BCS bowl game and finished ranked in the top 20 once, all while playing in the lackluster ACC.

Strong is a relatively new coach but he had two 7-6 seasons before a pretty good season last year but I think they get too much credit for having one good game (against Florida). They finished in a four-way tie for first the Big East to get there which isn't any big accomplishment.

Muschamp had one good year and one bad year and it's not looking great so far this year. Little early to tell yet.

the only thing Bo has is he won 9 games each season but is surpassed in accomplishments to coaches who have losing seasons.

GM_Tood ... I guess I am a little slow, what is the connection here. Is there one of those flights that should mean something to us?

A small planed landed in Lincoln from Fargo at 10:30 according to that page.

Yep. But it's a plane registered to Hardie Grain Farms out of Fairmount, ND. I don't know why if we wanted to talk to a coach that we wouldn't send a plane up for him instead of this though.

However, if it's for Bohl, I'm not so sure about him. He literally sucked when he was here before, but he's definitely learned a lot since then and no doubt has become a great coach for NDSU. And of course he is a Nebraska guy. Just hoping if the search is beginning that they expand it to more than just a couple "Nebraska" guys.