Just wasn't sure where to put this (re: Bo's desire to be here)

Landlord

Supposedly Nick's wife has said this is the last stop, my guess is he stays long enough to put the MNC run so high, it is never even considered again. He has that type of base it seems.

Kanpplc, if he is not devoted to the program as we want him to be, it is going to show this year. He is under the most pressure he has ever been under, questions about losing to JackRabbit state, Illinois, Northwestern, Michigan State, Iowa and Minnesota playing better, and Michigan. The way the team is playing, are all tough games. We get curb stomped in one of those games, I really do not think he is going to have the luxury of staying.

The chants of F___ Pelini echoing through Memorial stadium is not something Perlmen and the AD are going to want to hear. And there are enough of them out there for that to happen.

I think it was crap how this came out, but it was said, whether he feels that way now or not, who knows. But as much as I have been anti Bo, I do not think he is short changing us. I think he gives all he has for the kids, what is for Nebraska, who knows. But he is paid well, and will never see that type of money again if he is not winning the big ones here. With winning comes enjoyment, and we all know there is no Place like Nebraska. I hope he sees that quickly. He could be king very quickly or he could be ran out of town on rail. We need it to be King Pelini badly.

Why does it matter whether he wants to be here or not? What possible difference does that make.

Why does it matter? I guess if he is winning it doesn't.

However, If I am going to support someone who is struggling in various areas of his job but I am willing to support him to have more time to finish building what he is building and support the program paying him an amazing amount of money only to find out he has a "F*CK YOU" (as a fan) attitude....well.....sorry, that doesn't cut it on a personal level with me. I work hard for my money. I am an alumni of that university. I choose to spend a portion of my money and considerable amount of time and emotion supporting this program.

If he has a "F*CK YOU" attitude towards the fans, then buddy......you F*CKING better produce".

All of this is still like a slow death to me. I'm tired of being that 4 L team every year with the feeling we'll never get over the hump. If Bo does not like it hear, I wish he would man up, leave and allow NU to find the right guy to get us back into the national discussion. With the performance so far this year, I don't have any more high expectations - BCS bowl, CCG, etc. This program needs a breath of fresh air.

Supposedly Nick's wife has said this is the last stop, my guess is he stays long enough to put the MNC run so high, it is never even considered again. He has that type of base it seems.

Kanpplc, if he is not devoted to the program as we want him to be, it is going to show this year. He is under the most pressure he has ever been under, questions about losing to JackRabbit state, Illinois, Northwestern, Michigan State, Iowa and Minnesota playing better, and Michigan. The way the team is playing, are all tough games. We get curb stomped in one of those games, I really do not think he is going to have the luxury of staying.

The chants of F___ Pelini echoing through Memorial stadium is not something Perlmen and the AD are going to want to hear. And there are enough of them out there for that to happen.

I think it was crap how this came out, but it was said, whether he feels that way now or not, who knows. But as much as I have been anti Bo, I do not think he is short changing us. I think he gives all he has for the kids, what is for Nebraska, who knows. But he is paid well, and will never see that type of money again if he is not winning the big ones here. With winning comes enjoyment, and we all know there is no Place like Nebraska. I hope he sees that quickly. He could be king very quickly or he could be ran out of town on rail. We need it to be King Pelini badly.

again he may be giving his all... or he may not be. The fact remains that the performance is simply not there. Theoretically anyway, if the performance is poor because he was not as invested as he should have been one could argue that if Bo were in the future to be properly invested his performance would improve. Then one would have to ask whether NU should pander to him and facilitate a better setting for Bo in hopes that he would become more invested and perform better... or simply say that Bo should have been invested earlier and hire a new coach.

Why does it matter whether he wants to be here or not? What possible difference does that make.

Why does it matter? I guess if he is winning it doesn't.

However, If I am going to support someone who is struggling in various areas of his job but I am willing to support him to have more time to finish building what he is building and support the program paying him an amazing amount of money only to find out he has a "F*CK YOU" (as a fan) attitude....well.....sorry, that doesn't cut it on a personal level with me. I work hard for my money. I am an alumni of that university. I choose to spend a portion of my money and considerable amount of time and emotion supporting this program.

If he has a "F*CK YOU" attitude towards the fans, then buddy......you F*CKING better produce".

He better produce either way. And he hasn't produced... and that is the bottom line.

But I can see your point.

For me, personally... I do not at all interface with any of this personally. I take no offense at Bo's perspective. That said, I would assert that a coach is a role model for his players and if he projects a negative attitude toward the fans and the press and the university and has such a negative attitude in general... well that does not model for the student athlete what should be modeled.

I think coaches coach because they love to teach, see the development in the kids. Bo has proven over the years to be that type of person. I think he his short falls have been lack of experience. Not designed failures. But the root of all evil is the mighty dollar, and he makes lots of those, and no chance what so ever to increase those with out success.

Now whether he has the ability to be the coach we need, that is the question. Lack of love for the program, is not the reason, at least I do not think. He wants to succeed without question. That is the type of person he is, has always been.

We both feel he is unqualified to be here, and have since he got the job. How he felt two years ago about leaving is most likely different today.. They did not hire him for a reason, whether it was his on field actions or lack of winning big games, he understands that. He needs to win here to further his career, either here or anywhere else, or admit he is not a head coach and move back to the NFL, paid a whole lot less.

again he may be giving his all... or he may not be. The fact remains that the performance is simply not there. Theoretically anyway, if the performance is poor because he was not as invested as he should have been one could argue that if Bo were in the future to be properly invested his performance would improve. Then one would have to ask whether NU should pander to him and facilitate a better setting for Bo in hopes that he would become more invested and perform better... or simply say that Bo should have been invested earlier and hire a new coach.

somehow paying him 2 mil plus and sand bagging us....seems pretty damn lame....I think he is giving his all, not good enough....especially all his neophyte assistants.

....... That said, I would assert that a coach is a role model for his players and if he projects a negative attitude toward the fans and the press and the university and has such a negative attitude in general... well that does not model for the student athlete what should be modeled.

This is a very important point. Let's look at this in a recruiting perspective. If Bo really hates being here, do you really think he can be as effective recruiting as he could be? Recruiting to Nebraska is tougher than some other top programs due to location. To go out and sell the program the best you can, you have to believe in your heart this is a great place to come to and be a part of.

I have been in a situation where I was in a job, paid decently but absolutely hated it. Honestly, there was no way I could go to work and do my absolute best even though I honestly tried.

I guess I'm of the perspective that i dont really understand the angst of this job searching stuff. We have to remember that this is a job. A career. First and foremost. The days of good old Tom Osborne the good little Nebraska kid whom we never had to worry about ever wanting to leave (1978 dispells that anyway) are done. College Football is big business. It's these coaches jobs. Bo's searching around because he's trying to advance his career. Now, if he starts to improve and the program begins to head in a drastically positive direction, and job offers come in for Bo, we're gonna have to penny up the dough it we want to keep him, or tell him good-bye. Anyone like to clarify to me what this is any different than any other job situation in the history of the free world?

Lastly, he may have wanted to leave at those times, but how does that equate to how he feels now? maybe he changed his attitude and decided to give it a full go here. Again, even Osborne wanted out, to Colorado of all places, at one time.

Per usual, I'm the opitimistic Bo-backer here that says "nothing to see here folks".

That's my take guys. Fire away.

Edit add: Tom Osborne considered taking the Michigan St head coach job before he was named AD. Cant remember how long before, but it was offered to him. Yes, our almighty hero almost came out of retirement to coach someone else. Why? It's a business people. The sooner everyone gets a grasp on that, the happier you'll all be.

So you are saying Nebraska isn't a destination but a stepping stone? Might want to back up your claim other than what you heard about TO taking the Michigan St HC job.

Its not about being a stepping stone or destination, not anymore. Way to many schools offer big dollars now so really you can go anywhere (Iowa, UL, Tenn, Oregon) and make a fortune. Remember that one 5 year contract or two can set you and your family and their families up for life. You have to look, you are doing yourself no favors if you don't. You don't think Saban would "look" if Texas offered a 10 year contract, guaranteed, worth 70 million dollars?

Alabama would match that in a heart beat. Alabama is superior in everyway to Texas. Saban already has a statue of himself at Alabama. He's playing in the toughest football conference. The Big 12 is a joke now, it's a shadow of it's former self.

You seriously have NO idea what you are saying, do you. Texas could out spend the Gumps 3 to 1 if they wanted too and are not a drop down.

You don't think Alabama could match it? that's where you'd be wrong. .

I do not at all interface with any of this personally.

That probably depends on how a person defines "personally." Does that reflect a person's actual factual self, or their fandom, or some other definition? I think each person sees that differently, and that's probably OK. I don't take it "personally" that Bo may not like me, the fan, or may not like the Husker fan base. But that's probably pretty variable amongst fans.

I take no offense at Bo's perspective. That said, I would assert that a coach is a role model for his players and if he projects a negative attitude toward the fans and the press and the university and has such a negative attitude in general... well that does not model for the student athlete what should be modeled.

Definitely agree with this, and recent reactions from some former players makes me wonder how they truly feel about the fans that fill that stadium every week. Seems like there's some "taking for granted" going on - probably on both sides of that scenario.

Maybe the fans need to enter couple's counseling with Bo. We could hold sessions weekly, just before each game. Put the counselor on the 50 yard line and give him a feed to the PA system, put Bo in a chair next to him, and we could hash out our angst.

it doesnt matter. There will always be something that's a step up. Whether you not one gets to that point is debateable. But there will always be something better.

This whole destination/stepping stone discussion is also in the eyes of the beholder. Maybe Bo doesnt see it as a destination anymore. That's his perogative. Is it something we should run him out of town for? No.

It's not gonna matter what Bo wants cause if he doesn't stop the blowouts more than likely he will be gone after this season.

That is a valid point. For you to be good at selling you have to believe in your product, know everything about it know or have an idea of its future.

But it seems he is getting more talent, doing a better job. And the kids seem to love him. Honesty has been displayed to them.

He wins out, this will all go away.

• Fire 1