Who do you like to replace Mack Brown?

Redux

Its a bye week so theres not alot to discuss. I think its safe to say Mack Browns time as head coach is coming to an end soon. I saw someone point to a replacement I hadnt considered, Pat Fitzgerald. I dont think NW could put enough on the table to keep him from taking his talents to Austin. Thoughts on who would be a better fit?

Its a bye week so theres not alot to discuss. I think its safe to say Mack Browns time as head coach is coming to an end soon. I saw someone point to a replacement I hadnt considered, Pat Fitzgerald. I dont think NW could put enough on the table to keep him from taking his talents to Austin. Thoughts on who would be a better fit?

He played at NW so that may just keep him there if they pay him some more money.

I'd love to see them suffer more... So no one...

But realistically? They're gonna go after BIG names. They'll probably make offers to Meyer and Saban. I wouldn't be surprised to see them offer Muschamp the job too (again?). Who would they get? Probably someone like Charlie Strong or David Shaw. I could see a lot of offers though. A lot of big money offers. But you gotta like the names of the up and comers. (Not likely, but how would you like the scenario here they take Oregons head coach and the Ducks just name Frost Head Coach due to just naming OC head coach after previous guy left? Not likely, but hey, it's a scenario)

They will go BIG in dollars, I think, and get their first or second choice.

It would be a coaching dream to land there. Endless money, incredible recruiting ground. And, importantly, a school that truly is willing to give you a very long chance to get it done. To the point of finishing in mediocrity, even? Sure looks that way with the Mack Brown era closing out.

Man, the right candidate probably draws NFL money and a very long contract, as long as they win the conference in the first five years. And, short of successive losing seasons, I think the next coach there WILL get five years to prove they either get it or do not.

Makes me wish I was an up and comer. Imagine spending a decade in Austin and coming out the other side worth 50 mil or more, and possibly lasting longer and gaining more.

The only downside is the LHN. I think they still broadcast practices and I am certain opponents at least look at it. Perhaps even gain some advantages from it. And the time commitment, on top of all the other things a coach has to do. Still, for the money, I'd take it. Maybe negotiate a lesser amount of time to the LHN if that's even possible in the ESPN deal.

Who would I like to see coach the University or Texas... After thinking about this, I simply can't come up with an answer, because I don't care for UT, or wish them any success. They are a self centered program that thinks and believes that the Big 12 should revolve around them.

Any time I think of them and their logo, it reminds me of this lol

8476703-female-reproductive-system.jpg

• Fire 1