Bye Weekend Thoughts

Ankrah was a highly touted recruit coming out of high school. His size and speed back then impressed me. I thought he was going to be a beast. I think if he had committed elsewhere and been utilized properly in a real defense, a defense that allows their DL to rush and bring pressure, Ankrah would have been a good one.

And how many recruits left the program? I wonder if some of them left because of the passive system Bo runs.

Yes. I think we've lost some and missed out on some. I like some of the young guys we have currently, but I thought its always been somewhat telling when Ndamukong Suh's success didn't pan out into huge DL recruiting successes for Nebraska. Suh was a once in a lifetime player. I think people realize that without that level of talent, it's pretty hard to make an impression on the college football world. Let's face it, without that level of talent pretty much describes everybody.

so, if you are BO and you don't have the horses to run this defense, why continue to run it and get your ass beat?

I remember when Bo wanted to move to more of a zone read and Wats was running it. IIRC, Wats was traveling around to "learn" how to implement this type of O. Just because Bo is a guru at the match coverage, 2 gap D, doesn't mean he knows other types. Paps has even less knowledge. If this is all Bo knows (appears to be), I do not think we will see a change to a new system. Who are they going to learn from?

Seeing the stats from the NDSU vs SDSU makes me sick. Then to see the SDSU staff say that NDSU was more physical than the Blackshirts finished me off. MORE PHYSICAL?!

I am unsure if we do better than 7-5 this year. Maybe 8-4 at best. Our D is flat out that bad and I really do not think the staff has an answer. If you can point to a tangible issue that is one thing, but the continued mantra of "execution" is wearing incredibly thin. Especially this year now that our pass D is showing to be just as bad as our run D.

Ankrah was a highly touted recruit coming out of high school. His size and speed back then impressed me. I thought he was going to be a beast. I think if he had committed elsewhere and been utilized properly in a real defense, a defense that allows their DL to rush and bring pressure, Ankrah would have been a good one.

So our coaches have hurt him so much he's unable to tackle the opposing team's punter?

There isn't a good defense in the SEC aside from Florida. Bama's defense isn't what it once was, and their offense isn't as good as it should be either. Right now, it looks like Oregon is the best team in CFB.

As far as Nebraska, our recruiting has improved greatly and is no longer an issue. The thing that needs to be fixed is the defensive scheme. Giving up 6-7 yards every time the other team runs the ball is demoralizing. If you're another team playing Nebraska, why would you ever throw it until you absolutely had to?

There isn't a good defense in the SEC aside from Florida. Bama's defense isn't what it once was, and their offense isn't as good as it should be either. Right now, it looks like Oregon is the best team in CFB.

As far as Nebraska, our recruiting has improved greatly and is no longer an issue. The thing that needs to be fixed is the defensive scheme. Giving up 6-7 yards every time the other team runs the ball is demoralizing. If you're another team playing Nebraska, why would you ever throw it until you absolutely had to?

We really cannot say that recruiting at NU is no longer a concern. We cannot say that it is either. We simply do not know until it plays out.

Those saying that our new recruits are better than our past recruits --- how much of that perspective comes from projecting onto these players what you desperately hope --- you want them to be good so badly that you essentially "pretend" that they will be good. Projection. It is perhaps like that girl who has dated a bunch of bums... she sees the new guy after all those bums... and projects onto him what she hopes he will be... which he may or may not be at all.

We have no idea whether the new recruits are good. We do, however, desperately hope they will be --- and likely see them as such until proven otherwise.

Last point... as NU continues to struggle and as the coaching fiasco continues... it becomes increasingly easier for opposing recruiters to recruit against NU. That much, I'd think, is certain.

Mark Richt comment after game, "these fans were great. Love our fans...(reporter turns away, he pulls her back) Ya'know, God bless all these fans in this stadium."

And I gotta say, watching those boys out there and their fans going absolutely ape-sh#t? Us nice corn-folk in Nebraska need to get our sh#t together if we wanna be back in the top 10.

This is Richt's way of telepathically telling Eichorst he is interested in the NU job if it becomes available.