Predict the season outcome based on what we've seen thus far

I predict I will cheer madly for the Huskers every game the rest of the season. We will win some games and lose some. I will make "heat of the moment" comments on here from time to time, but the outcome of the games won't appreciably effect my life in any manner. Even if we lose the rest of the games this year, I will still be a fan of Nebraska Football.

To not totally cop out on the topic, I am guessing we go 8 -4 or possibly 7 -5 as our young bucks learn the ropes and as our coaches continue to get coached during the games.

Go Big Red

Good point. I really let this stupid game effect me to the point that I'm almost in a real state of depression. I'm addicted to Husker football. I follow these boards ,and recruiting every single day of my life. I scream at the t.v to the point where the poor dogs are freaked out. It's really pathetic. It's just a stupid game, and I have more important things to worry about. Thank you for help me put into perspective

We lose to Illinois. Then we lose all four road games this year. We lose that "us against the world" mentality when we go in the road. We only feel that way about the fans at home.

As fans of NU, we turn on the players and coaches so quick. One bad play/bad drive and all of a sudden we're calling for Pelini's head. We're down to SDSU 17-14 at the end of the first quarter, but the rest of the game we outscore them 45-3 and it still was a terrible game. Against SDSU it was the epitome of bend but don't break. But then NDSU holds SDSU to negative yards rushing and suddenly we're worse than NDSU? It wasn't a good game by the defense, but we held them in the most important defensive stat.

That was meant to be a sarcastic joke.

And really, one bad play/drive and we turn on them? One? Who the hell have you been watching?

But yes, I have heard and seen enough of this Bo Pelini charade. As for the players, you sir have me completely wrong and I refuse to have anyone tell me I don't have these players backs. I love this University and I respect the players. I feel bad these players are not being coached to succeed. I feel bad that these players HC is so controversial that they spend more time defending their head coach than they spend defending the opponents on the field.

University of Nebraska folks. Not University of Bo Pelini.

Let's not turn this thread into another debate about Bos job. It's intended to be about the thoughts on the rest of the season. I was only half serious about the road games. We will probably lose 3 of them though.

• Fire 1

Do WE fire him?

I am pretty sure that decision won't be made by fan vote.

The boosters will have their influence, but AD Eichorst and Dr. Tom will combine to have the last say on this.

T.O. mapped out the standards for keeping a coach when he dealt with the Callahan situation. If Bo can get to eight or nine wins, it's hard to imagine a move.

All this being said, there are eight games left. Let's hope that we can get to seven wins for sure... then grab a couple more wins, maybe surprise and pick up three wins and get to 10 wins again.

I am feeling bad now too, but I am not willing to just concede either. Every other team has flaws. Plus we are young on defense and could improve... And our O can be pretty freaking scary when it wants to be.

Does anyone on this board have a feel for the boosters? Are they getting restless?

Seen this movie before. Like last year when all the "realists" said we were going to go 7-5 after the Ohio State game or Georgia was going to hang 70 and 800 yards of offense on us. Yet that didn't happen, the team actually exceeded the "realists" expectations and they all still bi*ched.

Seen this movie before. clyde40 complains about some fictional contradiction some nameless group of people are guilty of, but can't be bothered sharing his own opinion on any subject pertaining to the actual football team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for my prediction, nothing's changed for me since fall camp. 4 losses, 2-3 of them blowouts. The Pellllini Standard remains.

Seen this movie before. Like last year when all the "realists" said we were going to go 7-5 after the Ohio State game or Georgia was going to hang 70 and 800 yards of offense on us. Yet that didn't happen, the team actually exceeded the "realists" expectations and they all still bi*ched.

Seen this movie before. clyde40 complains about some fictional contradiction some nameless group of people are guilty of, but can't be bothered sharing his own opinion on any subject pertaining to the actual football team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for my prediction, nothing's changed for me since fall camp. 4 losses, 2-3 of them blowouts. The Pellllini Standard remains.

Kind of noticed that with ole Clyde........

11-1. Offense will continue to win games. Let's be real, we all exaggerate this sh#t at this point of the season. I just don't want to play tOSU in the B1G championship game. But I really think we go 11-1. I haven't even been that excited this season. I'm sure the kool aid will flow after we beat NW and go into that michigan game.

dude, Michigan will stuff our running game...TMart will be back at qb and turn the ball over through the air...we don't have a snowballs' chance in hell.

11-1. Offense will continue to win games. Let's be real, we all exaggerate this sh#t at this point of the season. I just don't want to play tOSU in the B1G championship game. But I really think we go 11-1. I haven't even been that excited this season. I'm sure the kool aid will flow after we beat NW and go into that michigan game.

dude, Michigan will stuff our running game...TMart will be back at qb and turn the ball over through the air...we don't have a snowballs' chance in hell.

You're the biggest Debbie downer I've ever come across, holy sh#t.

You're the biggest Debbie downer I've ever come across, holy sh#t.

I thought he was fairly optimistic really, Im personally hoping for a Kiffin job after Pelinis next embarrassing blowout or loss to a .500 team