Bo and Paps

I think Bell was trying to defuse the situation.

and pap was not having it. his feelings were too hurt by then.

the poor players are like kids whose parents are going through a divorce.

Well, if Bell plans on going Pro he may want to get used to it. Not, that I want this kind of thing constantly happening on the NU sideline.

Well, if Bell plans on going Pro he may want to get used to it. Not, that I want this kind of thing constantly happening on the NU sideline.

i think bell can handle it just fine. he seems very mature. i just do not think that type of in-fighting is conducive to on-field team confidence. this is still college and i would imagine they have different relationships with their coaches than the pros.

And here I thought tone might change a little holding a good offense to less than half their usual point production.

i think this tone is just because we know the potential is there, but these fixable mistakes are holding us back.

I agree with sdsker. And feel the need to add that I really doubt this was a good offense. Sheelhaase looked pathetic and their mediocre running game gashed us big. I could be wrong but it seemed they were more their own worst enemy than we were. Maybe I'll change my tune on rewatch but I was not even slightly impressed with their offensive capability.

Ridiculous. This was a team that people were afraid of because they hung around with Washington. But now that we beat them and beat them pretty good, they all of a sudden suck? Absurd.

I know, right

Ridiculous. This was a team that people were afraid of because they hung around with Washington. But now that we beat them and beat them pretty good, they all of a sudden suck? Absurd.

I know, right

i was happy with the defense, but do not fool yourself. illinois put up a lot of big numbers against bad teams. i think it is reasonable to doubt how good illinois is. i mean, before the season we thought this was a gimme. perceptions change fast and there is not much of a sample size to see the type of offense illinois has (or the improvementour defense has made).

frankly, i doubt illinois makes a bowl game.

• Fire 2

It was nothing, Bell bumped pap and pap taped bell back in the chest. nothing to see. it's just people wanting to make something out of nothing.

I know, right

i was happy with the defense, but do not fool yourself. illinois put up a lot of big numbers against bad teams. i think it is reasonable to doubt how good illinois is. i mean, before the season we thought this was a gimme. perceptions change fast and there is not much of a sample size to see the type of offense illinois has (or the improvementour defense has made).

frankly, i doubt illinois makes a bowl game.

They scored more points against UW than us. Does that mean UW sucks too?

They scored more points against UW than us. Does that mean UW sucks too?

why do you think i think we suck? just because i doubt how good illinois is?

but the transitive property does not work in athletics, first of all.

and secondly, i do not know how good washington is. we will get an idea tonight.

but all i was saying was that we clearly demonstrated improvement and showed a lot of promise. i was really glad to see this and think the defense could be a really solid unit if the continue to improve throughout october, but i do not know how good they are or how much they improved just because of today's game. that is all.

It was nothing, Bell bumped pap and pap taped bell back in the chest. nothing to see. it's just people wanting to make something out of nothing.

I don't think so. I think Bell went over and bumped JP as if to say, you all right coach. A bummed out looking JP gave him a little forearm bump back. JP facial expressions told it all

Sorry, but Bo absolutely was an embarrasment to the program today.

Paps deserves heat for all the defensive screw ups, but he is a grown man. Not a boy. And you do not treat your DC like that on the sidelines in front of his players, much less the entire television audience. You don't treat players like that either. You don't even treat bad children like that. This wasn't a momentary lapse either. Bo just kept going and going and going and every lip reader knew what he was saying and you could watch the players giving them a wide berth and that's a really, really bad look in the last minutes of a game you've won by 20 points. Kenny Bell of all people goes over to console Paps. Paps is in over his head, but this is bad head coaching mojo.

I watched the game with my neighbor. I had him over because he went to Illinois. He doesn't follow much college football because, well, he went to Illinois, and he knew nothing about the various Pelini controversies. But he knows a lot about coaching and sports and he thought the guy looked like a total a-hole. I really couldn't argue with him. This defense is on Pelini's head, and browbeating your own hand-picked DC like a spotty intern doesn't speak well of Bo Pelini. If you're not from Nebraska, you can't help rooting against this guy.

• Fire 4

Sorry, but Bo absolutely was an embarrasment to the program today.

Paps deserves heat for all the defensive screw ups, but he is a grown man. Not a boy.  And you do not treat your DC like that on the sidelines in front of his players, much less the entire television audience.  You don't treat players like that either.  You don't even treat bad children like that.  This wasn't a momentary lapse either.  Bo just kept going and going and going and every lip reader knew what he was saying and you could watch the players giving them a wide berth and that's a really, really bad look in the last minutes of a game you've won by 20 points.  Kenny Bell of all people goes over to console Paps.  Paps is in over his head, but this is bad head coaching mojo.

I watched the game with my neighbor.  I had him over because he went to Illinois.  He doesn't follow much college football because, well, he went to Illinois, and he knew nothing about the various Pelini controversies.   But he knows a lot about coaching and sports and he thought the guy looked like a total a-hole.  I really couldn't argue with him.  This defense is on Pelini's head, and browbeating your own hand-picked DC like a spotty intern doesn't speak well of Bo Pelini.  If you're not from Nebraska, you can't help rooting against this guy.

Yeah I wish he would wait until closed doors to yell at him....but then again I guess we know what happens when Bo vents behind closed doors