Bo and Paps

And here I thought tone might change a little holding a good offense to less than half their usual point production.

i think this tone is just because we know the potential is there, but these fixable mistakes are holding us back.

I agree with sdsker. And feel the need to add that I really doubt this was a good offense. Sheelhaase looked pathetic and their mediocre running game gashed us big. I could be wrong but it seemed they were more their own worst enemy than we were. Maybe I'll change my tune on rewatch but I was not even slightly impressed with their offensive capability.

• Fire 1

This is Bo's defense, no question. He calls the plays, all you have to do is watch the sideline. Now Pap maybe in charge of substitutions, but most of these happened in garbage time, Illinois rushing the clock. I have always thought Bo needed a competent DC, to take some of the game off his shoulders. New coach, trying to do to much, relying on friends, that were not qualified at the time. But maybe you learn under fire. Bo is a tough guy, hard to work for, hard to play for. But you know what you have with him. Pap maybe gone, who really knows, but if he is, he needs to be replaced by a DC with a pedigree, not a yes man or beginner.

Other than the final few minutes, I felt the team played better in every aspect. Was impressed with Tommy, especially on the reverse the field down to the 8 yard line. Brought back memories of another Tommy. I think we did better than a lot felt we would. Overall I am very happy with the improvement we saw, and the errors that were made are correctable, and it does look like we are working towards it. Tremendous amount of youth out there today, that means we will see improvement and have a good defense for awhile.

We need to worry less about this Pap/Bo thing.

• Fire 1

And here I thought tone might change a little holding a good offense to less than half their usual point production.

i think this tone is just because we know the potential is there, but these fixable mistakes are holding us back.

I agree with sdsker. And feel the need to add that I really doubt this was a good offense. Sheelhaase looked pathetic and their mediocre running game gashed us big. I could be wrong but it seemed they were more their own worst enemy than we were. Maybe I'll change my tune on rewatch but I was not even slightly impressed with their offensive capability.

Ridiculous. This was a team that people were afraid of because they hung around with Washington. But now that we beat them and beat them pretty good, they all of a sudden suck? Absurd.

• Fire 2

I hope so.

Cue the Pelini haters! " its an embarrassment for our coach to act like that",

" he is mean", blah blah blah.

You know what's embarrassing? Not having a defense on the field that's what. I mean, literally not having a defense on the field.

We had a defense on the field. Actually we had twelve on defense on the field often.

This defense gave up 17 to a team averaging 40+ PPG.

I hope so.  

Cue the Pelini haters! " its an embarrassment for our coach to act like that",

" he is mean", blah blah blah.

What was funny though about that situation was they tried to pass the ball quickly to the flats where we had one defender on the whole field in position to make a play and did, but we still had 12 on the field so I guess it didn't matter

You know what's embarrassing?  Not having a defense on the field that's what.  I mean, literally not having a defense on the field.

We had a defense on the field. Actually we had twelve on defense on the field often.

that is just good coaching. you want an advantage, what is easier than putting one more player on the field? very aggressive and forward-thinking, imo.

Ha ha! Like Buddy Ryan's Polish Goal-line defense. It was a called play, putting 12 men on D. :lol: