Where Does Bell's Catch Rank?

That was a great catch but in the replay era it wouldn't have counted.

Explain.

Was he able to re-establish himself inbounds long enough before the catch? :dunno Is what I'm guessing he was getting at.

Exactly. Assuming he was pushed out - which appears to be the case - he can come back inbounds and make the catch but he never gets back inbounds. His foot is still on the sideline when he jumps.

Hard to tell if Newcombe got his foot back in bounds but that's the only thing that can be argued about it.

Missing from that video was the 97 missouri game. I believe it was deep into the 3rd quarter and we were trailing and it was 3rd and long and Newcombe made a great catch (sure it hit him in the numbers and he bobbled it) and juggled the ball while running on a crossing route. Were it not for this catch, the game had the feel that Missouri would take a commanding two score lead.

I have to vote Davison though. Most amazing catch I've seen with the close second being that wild Alabama catch where he catches it with his arms behind the defender...

9472004-large.jpg

Where does the KB catch rank?

Best one in the game.

Best one I saw all day Saturday across CFB.

Best one of the season for the Huskers (so far anyways)

I would have to say behind the Newcombe and Davison catches though. Davison's if for no other reason than it was a more critical, game impacting event.

No matter how we rank it, it was a thing of beauty.