Does it make you mad Missouri/Texas A&M are having success?

I'm kinda laughing about it. SEC this, SEC that, and a couple of perennial Big XII also-rans are powers if the 'best' conference. Mizzou won what, 2 Big XII North titles and now lead the SEC east by 2 games... True power right there..

Mizzu and A&M are doing much better than we are. We haven't won a conference title since 1999. We live off our own legacy 95 this, 95 that. TO this, TO that. We've done nothing but get embarrassed on national TV since the 2002 Rose Bowl vs Miami. Both teams play in the best conference in CFB and are doing well oh and this is the same conference that has won the past 7 MNC's and a total of 9 out of the BCS's 15 year history. Yeah. FACTS buddy.

I'd take their defense over our defense any day of the week. Ah the ignorance...

Wait a second. You're not comparing the Bama defense to the '13 Huskers, are you? Because I don't there is any rational Husker fan who thinks we'd stack up with Bama. Not even close. lol

I believe the point of this conversation is that the SEC is not as dominant as ESPN would have us believe. Sure, Bama is a great team. But the rest of the conference is pedestrian at best. Outside of Bama, the rest of the SEC really isn't any better than two or three other conferences.

Oooooooh sh#t. NUance didn't add a smiley. You in truhble now

Ha ha! I forgot. Oh I must be drunk. lol

yes. :lol:

I'd take their defense over our defense any day of the week. Ah the ignorance...

Wait a second. You're not comparing the Bama defense to the '13 Huskers, are you? Because I don't there is any rational Husker fan who thinks we'd stack up with Bama. Not even close. lol

I believe the point of this conversation is that the SEC is not as dominant as ESPN would have us believe. Sure, Bama is a great team. But the rest of the conference is pedestrian at best. Outside of Bama, the rest of the SEC really isn't any better than two or three other conferences.

What's your poison tonight?

What's your poison tonight?

wtr.jpg

They just came out with this. Or at least, the first time I saw it in my liquor store was a month or so ago. Good stuff!

Oh gawd Wild Turkey is poison!

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Really, you should try the rye. It's pretty good. I don't care much for their regular whiskey though.

:lol:

Honestly I don't know if I've ever had rye. The regular Wild Turkey is disgusting, had that poured in my cup at a party back in the day and about vomited.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/sec-overrated-analysis-proves-yes-1977215/

The SEC is a combined 47-48 against opponents from "Top Conferences (i.e. Big Ten, Big 12, Big East, Pac-10, ACC, and I threw in Boise State as well)". This is not bad at all....BUT...I decided to do something radical....I took away Georgia from the equation...once I did that, the SEC is a paltry 33-43 against top conference schools. In fact only 3 teams (4 if you count Texas A&M from last year) have a winning record against top conferences since 2006 (South Carolina, Georgia, & Kentucky) while 5 (6 including Missouri) have .500 or below records. This isn't a dominating conference. This is a top heavy conference with a bunch of below average teams riding the coat-tails of its upper echelon programs. And there's nothing wrong with that. But let's not sit here and act as if the SEC is a great conference from top to bottom when Arkansas is posting a 1-6 record against top conferences since 2006.

• Fire 1

It doesn't make me mad the Aggies have found success in the SEC, even though they lost to Auburn.

Missouri was a surprise to me, Their offense is doing great, scoring over 35 points per game. I'm gonna sound like an ass here, but their schedule so far, has been light. Up until the last two weeks.

Murray State, Toledo, Indiana (which is being ridiculed for having the worst defense in the Big Ten), Arkansas State, and Vanderbilt.

They got done thrashing a young Georgia defense and a crippled offense losing their two best RBs. How would we as Husker fans react if we lost both Imani Cross and Abdullah at this point in the season? Talk about Huskerboard meltdown.

I don't know how Florida was ever ranked, They only beat Toledo, Tennessee, Kentucky and Arkansas. Florida is the classic example of media talking heads blowing up how big the SEC must be. I feel confident saying that we could beat Florida and it wouldn't be close.

Back to Missouri, looking at the rest of their schedule, they got some better competition coming their way. South Carolina (yes I know they lost to Tennessee but that doesn't make them irrevelant) and Texas A&M. Playing Ole Miss on the road could be a trap game for them.

Playing Tennessee at home and Kentucky on road, seem like wins for an offense that seems unstoppable.

• Fire 1

"The great Nick Saban defense has only allowed 68 points this year and their defensive PPG will go down yet again. The 95 Huskers "greatest team ever" that defense allowed 112 pts through 7 games at this point and faced weaker opponents and nobody ranked. But, ok." Watched the 96 Fiesta Bowl for the first time in awhile yesterday and your "great Nick Saban" would be serving the Huskers lunch. The points given up by the 'Real Black Shirts' were basically garbage time scores. Get your head out of the sand or where ever else you have it lodged RiP. T_O_B

• Fire 1

Since I live in Missouri, their success is very annoying to me. The sudden passion, and arrogance of their "fan base" is nauseating. After the Georgia win there were a couple "fans" at work who were already talking about their shot at Alabama, and the possibilities of a national title. It's odd when most of the Missouri gear you see looks brand new. Probably just high quality material.....

• Fire 1