Does it make you mad Missouri/Texas A&M are having success?

Look at Missouri in the SEC this year. They destroyed both Georgia and Florida. A&M shocked Bama last year, went toe to toe with them this year. Both of these teams would probably destroy us, too. So what is the issue? Why are these two teams that we beat or played tough in the past are having success? Is it coaching or the conference itself SEC vs. B1G i.e. easier to recruit for both these schools? Look at tOSU, they had a non-proven guy take over for Tressel who had a bad year and now OSU is 18-0 under Urban Meyer.

So our problem has to be coaching. We have the athletes IMO. Call me one of the non-homers. It's great seeing our D make improvements but one blowout loss or stinker game (maybe NW again??) will completely overshadow any strides our defense makes. It really makes me jealous though, TBH that A&M and Missouri are having success when in the B12 they never won the conference and appeared sparingly now look at them. They are competitive in the best conference in all of CFB. The only way I see us getting that kind of recognition is if we win out and put up a fight against the representatives of the Leaders division in the B1G title game. The games I think are toss ups are @ Michigan and @ Penn State. I think we will handle MN, NW, Mich St, Iowa. If we can somehow SHOW UP to a B1G title game and be competitive with (most likely) Ohio State, then maybe just maybe we'll start being just as successful as Mizzu and aTm.

Nobody, and I do mean, nobody cares...

If you dig down real deep, you will find out that Frank was leaving win or lose. Had little to do with recruiting. I like Frank, supported him to the bitter end. But he had no chance to stay as the head coach. We have seen other departures for similar reasons.

Pederson and Solich were both highly recommended by Coach Osborne. Pederson still walks on water at Pittsburgh. But for the life of me how Coach Osborne could have such high opinions of Pederson still amazes me. I really do not think I ever met a more pompous ass in my life.

We can blame anyone, makes no difference. Tom put us on top and put us down a rung with his selections. He was head coach, not an Athletic Director at the time. Still no sure his last hire/direction accepted, was that much better.

I'm not one of the fans that is happy for old foes. Really, the only team I follow in the B12 is OU as for the SEC, I won't be rooting for Missouri or A&M. But am annoyed by their recent success while it seems we are a punching bag for the media. Just watching their games and old 90's footage is enough to PO someone like me that fueled this thread. Obviously, winning out this year and possibly the B1G pretty much solves everything and will silence the critics.

I'm starting to get a handle on how this SEC/polls thing works...

1) Put almost all of them in the preseason top 25.

2) Did ranked SEC team #1beat ranked SEC team #2? Yes? Hooray. You just beat a spectacular team, SEC team #1. You move up 8 spots. SEC team #2? Oops. But you lost to a spectacular team! You're only punished by dropping one spot. After all...look at who you lost to!

3) SEC team #2 beats the hell out of a non-con team? Way to go! Move up 5 spots. SEC team #1 loses a close one to a non-con team? Oops. But you beat SEC team #2 a week ago, so it must've been a fluke. You only drop 2 spots.

4) SEC team #3 beats SEC #2. Congrats SEC team #3, move up 6 spots! Oops SEC team #2. But it's ok, because you only lost to yet another spectacular team, so you only fall two spots.

And around and around we go :ahhhhhhhh

FWIW, and maybe it's been mentioned already...but there are 4 teams ranked in the AP with two losses. 3 are from the SEC.

Nail. On. The. Head.

#BestPostEver!

+50