"Sometimes I spread misinformation."

That's a pretty douchey thing to do. Most students I've been around have the attitude that we're all in this together so don't f#*k anybody over who's working hard. But those were mainly engineers, maybe we need more of them in charge of the government.

"Sometimes I spread misinformation. It's a great tactic." - Rand Paul

So since you're mis-quoting him you're spreading mis-information too. Ironic.

Yeah. Here's the proper quote.

"But I would sometimes spread misinformation. This is a great tactic. Misinformation can be very important.” - Rand Paul

http://freakoutnatio...a-great-tactic/

"Sometimes I spread misinformation. It's a great tactic." - Rand Paul

Can't say I'm shocked to hear that this is true, but it is fairly shocking that he admitted it. What a scumbag.

So since you're mis-quoting him you're spreading mis-information too. Ironic.

My mistake, I was typing on my phone and going by memory, but the quote isn't substantially different.

"But I would sometimes spread misinformation. This is a great tactic. Misinformation can be very important.” - Rand Paul

I suppose this would be true if we were discussing psy-ops (e.g. Star Wars Missile Defense)...but not to your own public or your own peers.

And it must be said that this quotation was in context of Rand Paul discussing the use of misinformation in an effort to skew the graded curve of a test in his favor. This wasn't mentioned as something he actively did during his political career, but the inference can and should be made that this has carried over, especially since he's providing it as practical advice presently.

Shouldn't we as Nebraska fans, who are traditionally concerned with the 'way' in which a team or player succeeds just as much as the end result (e.g. Jimmy Johnson's Miami team, any team in the SEC currently), have a problem with this?

I suppose this would be true if we were discussing psy-ops (e.g. Star Wars Missile Defense)...but not to your own public or your own peers.

And it must be said that this quotation was in context of Rand Paul discussing the use of misinformation in an effort to skew the graded curve of a test in his favor. This wasn't mentioned as something he actively did during his political career, but the inference can and should be made that this has carried over, especially since he's providing it as practical advice presently.

Shouldn't we as Nebraska fans, who are traditionally concerned with the 'way' in which a team or player succeeds just as much as the end result (e.g. Jimmy Johnson's Miami team, any team in the SEC currently), have a problem with this?

Yes we should.

We spread the rumor that we knew what was on the test and it was definitely going to be all about the liver. We tried to trick all of our competing students into over-studying for the liver and not studying much else.

BRILLIANT_.jpg

. . . that or you could try to actually know the material better than your classmates.

I suppose that it was easier to tear his classmates down than it would have been to build himself up.

We spread the rumor that we knew what was on the test and it was definitely going to be all about the liver. We tried to trick all of our competing students into over-studying for the liver and not studying much else.

BRILLIANT_.jpg

. . . that or you could try to actually know the material better than your classmates.

I suppose that it was easier to tear his classmates down than it would have been to build himself up.

Hmm sounds similar to how he works his politics...

Politics in general.

Bingo!!!!

Just mark it up to one more Republican that is too stupid to actually understand how his words and admitted actions can be used against him.

The stupidity of the Republicans just keeps rolling on.

So he's stupid because he admits it, but not because he does it?