Win out!

I think it's funny how people forget what Illinois offense has done this year and how we just shut them down.

The defense will only continue to get better.

But games against the Illini and Purdue are games we're supposed to dominate. I hope the defense improves as well, because we're going to need it for the last 5 games, and they're going to need to step up big time...

Purdue yes. Illinois, not so much. We weren't supposed to dominate Illinois if you recall the pregame chatter and stats.

Illinois is one people were wondering if we could win. Remember, their defense was 15 spots higher ranked than ours was when we played them. Not to mention, they have a pretty damn good offense....and they use tons of motion, crossing/drag routes in the hook zone, and various formations. The only opponent that beat them and has clamped down more than Nebraska is Washington which held them for 50 less yards output than the Blackshirts did....even Wisconsin didn't hold them as much as we did. Wisconsin's defense is pretty salty.

I'd say people were genuinely worried before the Illinois game. Not to mention, Illinois fans smelled blood after watching how poorly we played in the games previous. We were 99th in the nation in 20+ yard plays allowed and the Illini were 19th in creating those plays. That wasn't a favorable matchup. There was a lot to worry about and people definitely didn't think we'd dominate. Predictions: http://www.huskermax.com/games/2013/files/05illinois_predict13.html

What I mean is...people didn't think that Nebraska was just going to dominate Illinois...and they had no notion that we should dominate them in this game.

How quickly we forget that Illinois offense is pretty prolific and we shut it down. I'm going to be very interested in their game with MSU this weekend to see how they do against that "awesome" MSU defense.

I agree with Devnet here.

Against Illinois we were two weeks removed from getting shredded against an FCS team.

My money is on Illinois this weekend. MSU's D is good, but so is Illinois offense, and I don't see MSU keeping them under 20. MSU's offense can't score. My prediction - Illinois 24 MSU13, giving us full control of our fate and the lead in the division assuming we beat Minny.

MSU's defense is better than ours. Illinois will be lucky to score 7, imo.

Like when they held Indiana to 30?

Indiana offense > Illinois offense

Illinois defense > Indiana defense

I think MSU and Illinois will be a good game that MSU finds a way to squeek by again. That has been their M.O. For the last three years.