can we lane kiffin bo?

Bo had his chances to bring in coordinators. We're past that stage. He blew it.

Really depends on how you look at it as I believe it has been mentioned before that Zook and Stoops were both offered the Co-DC job and chose other opportunities; Zook, to expand upon the business he does in South Florida, Stoops to coach with his brother.

The popular candidate to be the HC at NU was also offered a Co-OC position with Tim Beck and his offer was pulled.

If that is "blowing it" fine. But the thing people like to believe on this board was the Tim Beck and JP were Bo's only choices. Which is just flat out not the case.

Right there is where Bo blew it. You can't bring experienced help from outside the program without letting them run things. I guess that applies to Zook and Stoops more than Frost.

Really depends on how you look at it as I believe it has been mentioned before that Zook and Stoops were both offered the Co-DC job and chose other opportunities; Zook, to expand upon the business he does in South Florida, Stoops to coach with his brother.

The popular candidate to be the HC at NU was also offered a Co-OC position with Tim Beck and his offer was pulled.

If that is "blowing it" fine. But the thing people like to believe on this board was the Tim Beck and JP were Bo's only choices. Which is just flat out not the case.

Right there is where Bo blew it. You can't bring experienced help from outside the program without letting them run things. I guess that applies to Zook and Stoops more than Frost.

The plan was for both of them to groom JP to be the next big DC while they waited for their next HC gig.

Frost was less qualified than Beck at that time and that is a fact.

If anything of the sort is done to our current staff I will lose all respect for our current athetic director.

And less than two sh#ts will be given by the athletic director

Until he's fired...

Why is the ignore feature not better on this board?????????? I blocked a lot of non-contributors and I can still see when they quote my post.

Awwwww, does someone not like someone disagreeing with his false insider posts?

• Fire 4
Why is the ignore feature not better on this board?????????? I blocked a lot of non-contributors and I can still see when they quote my post.

Are you saying your pearls are being cast before swine?

There is an ignore feature on your computer called the Power switch. Push it until the light goes out and it will 100% keep you from seeing people quoting your posts. I guarantee it.

What they did to Lane Kiffen was a total classless move. Shouldn't happen to anybody.

And it will hurt them far worse than they know yet.

Eichorst will bend the ear of his mentor. And they'll hire a good coach. It won't be a splash hire. But he'll be a good coach.

And people will be here to bitch. It's kind of beautiful in a way.

Assuming what you've said his is true (a huge assumption without any kind of source), then yes he blew it.

That's the first time I've heard that Zook or Stoops had offers on the table. It sounds a little like revisionist history, at this point...

It's also ridiculous to have 3 co-DC's (including Bo), and being a co-OC would have been a nice title bump for Frost at the time, but without play-calling duties it was just asking him to make a lateral move (to his home school/state? yes, but also to a program on less solid ground than the one he was at, and to a program where his offensive mentor would be Tim Beck, compared to Chip Kelly... Frost made the right decision for himself turning down the Nebraska offer - can't blame him).

Even if those offers really existed for Zook and Stoops, it doesn't excuse the hire of Papuchis (or Els, or Kaz), who all appear to be drastically underwhelming as coaches. It's not like Zook and Stoops were the only competent defensive coaches out there to be hired at the time, nor was Frost the only other offensive coach. When it comes down to it, the coordinators that Bo did hire haven't lived up to expectations, and ultimately he's going to be held accountable for that.

With the current state of the 2014 recruiting class.....why not.

Explain and elaborate as to what is wrong. If you can't say anything other than "hes only a three star kid," please save yourself the time.

Bo hasn't recruited or developed a single team of his own. I'm sure this topic has been beat into the ground, but all of Bo's success at Nebraska has been without his recruits. When did Nebraska last have a defense? It was with hagg, gomes, and denard. Nebraska's defense has been a shell ever since with no consistency. Nebraska's offense has been similarly inconsistent overall. I will concede nebraska running backs have been excellent over the course of Bo's tenure but the o-line receivers, quarterbacks, tightends have only been unreliable in most situations. Furthermore, Bo has not developed a team of his own. Bo has proven that he either can't recruit the correct players or develop them. This has been the results that been seen the past few years. If anything, Bo should have been working harder and recruiting harder, but the 2014 recruiting class appears to be going the wrong direction.

Ultimately, Bo honestly believes he's doing everything correct and nothing wrong. We're tired of excuses about execution. Bo's job is to coach his players to execute. Yes, all teams have execution issues, but never do any of the great teams of the current era have this issue week in and week out as Bo as alluded most post game interviews.

Tradition is important, and does separate Nebraska from other programs. However, just as all thing are becoming more and more polarized in the world today, Nebraska won't be able to hang its hat on tradition much longer. The time and era of the original season ticket holders is slowly ending. If Nebraska can't give 2nd, 3rd + generation ticket holders a reason to buy tickets, tradition will soon turn to past history. Well thats my rant.

With the current state of the 2014 recruiting class.....why not.

Explain and elaborate as to what is wrong. If you can't say anything other than "hes only a three star kid," please save yourself the time.

Bo hasn't recruited or developed a single team of his own. I'm sure this topic has been beat into the ground, but all of Bo's success at Nebraska has been without his recruits. When did Nebraska last have a defense? It was with hagg, gomes, and denard. Nebraska's defense has been a shell ever since with no consistency. Nebraska's offense has been similarly inconsistent overall. I will concede nebraska running backs have been excellent over the course of Bo's tenure but the o-line receivers, quarterbacks, tightends have only been unreliable in most situations. Furthermore, Bo has not developed a team of his own. Bo has proven that he either can't recruit the correct players or develop them. This has been the results that been seen the past few years. If anything, Bo should have been working harder and recruiting harder, but the 2014 recruiting class appears to be going the wrong direction.

Ultimately, Bo honestly believes he's doing everything correct and nothing wrong. We're tired of excuses about execution. Bo's job is to coach his players to execute. Yes, all teams have execution issues, but never do any of the great teams of the current era have this issue week in and week out as Bo as alluded most post game interviews.

Tradition is important, and does separate Nebraska from other programs. However, just as all thing are becoming more and more polarized in the world today, Nebraska won't be able to hang its hat on tradition much longer. The time and era of the original season ticket holders is slowly ending. If Nebraska can't give 2nd, 3rd + generation ticket holders a reason to buy tickets, tradition will soon turn to past history. Well thats my rant.

Bo did very well with the recruits left by the previous regime. Recruiting the first few years under Bo was not very good. We had several misses and many of the players we did get did not meet expectations. The last two classes show a major improvement in recruiting. The 2014 class also has some very good athletes. Honestly I think we are making good progress in this area. About the only good area of improvement lately. That is until the UCLA blowout and the release of the audio tape. We need to hold on to these kids. Keep Bo until the end of the season. Give him a chance to save his job and win out. Sadly, I don't see that happening. Vegas doesn't think so either.

The thing that blows my mind though is the steady regression of our team year after year. You can't blame this all on talent. Something is not right with this coaching staff. We have some good assistants like Brown, Fisher, Ganz and Joseph. Coach Kaczenski did very well at Iowa until he came here. No one can argue that Garrison is an upgrade over Barney. It really comes down to the HC and the direction he has taken this team the last 6 years. We lack toughness, fundamentals and discipline to name a few. Minnesota doesn't have half the talent we do yet they win handily. It comes down to Bo along with the decisions he made with hiring Papuchis and Beck. He has had 6 years to grow and unfortunately it has not happened. He will be gone by the end of the year. No way do we come out of November unscathed. We could lose every game here on out.