ESPN College Football Final Verdict: Should Bo Pelini be fired?

Nobody

Pelini is just not coaching material. He's just way too emotional be a good or even great leader. He actually reminds me of a tantruming three year old, if he doesn't get his way he's going to sit and pout. This year has been like one big tantrum. Maybe even the last two years.

Fortunately those in authority don't make knee jerk decisions. If Pelini goes, my expectation of the next coach would be no more than 2 losses starting their first season. No excuses. That way instead of a 6 year coaching carousel, we can hire a new coach every 2 seasons. Use a temp agency perhaps?

The biggest question I have is what coach will come here...that has credentials? I can tell you that if I was a coach with credentials and the previous coach was fired after 9-10 games each year I would definitely hesitate. Davis is correct that the Nebraska job is not what it used to be. Is this because of the past three coaches (Solich, Callahan, and Pelini)? I would be good with Bo staying IF he looks at bringing in a big name or an up and coming name for the d-coordinator. Watching them yesterday live was embarrassing...the Gopher fans around me were in shock how bad we were playing. What is funny though, is most of the Gopher fans see this as a HUGE upset. The conversations I was having yesterday during and after the game shed some light on how bad our defense is.

Anyways, back to my initial question...give some names that would be legitimate candidates that would come here to coach.

There are plenty, I assure you. Here's a list I've come up with, and I'm sure there are more that I've forgotten. Not to mention that that I highly doubt this team will achieve 9 wins this year.

Chris Petersen

Gary Patterson

Mark Richt

Tim DeRuyter

Bobby Petrino

Mike Riley

Craig Bohl

Scott Frost

Kirby Smart

Art Briles

Al Golden

Greg Schiano

Charlie Strong

Jon Gruden

Dan Mullen

Jim Tressel

Dave Doeren

Terry Bowden

Fortunately those in authority don't make knee jerk decisions. If Pelini goes, my expectation of the next coach would be no more than 2 losses starting their first season. No excuses. That way instead of a 6 year coaching carousel, we can hire a new coach every 2 seasons. Use a temp agency perhaps?

Bottom line is, this team is not making progress. We see the same problems year after year and Bo doesn't seem to have the answers. Every summer he says how great it went, and how the defense will be fine, yet when the team takes the field they struggle against any decent opponent. But it's OK, says Bo, because he has watched the tape and it's all "fixable." Then we play another quality opponent and it's the same thing all over again. Bo has reached his plateau and instead of progressing, he's regressing. The program is stagnant right now, like it or not.

I don't think it matters what Bo does now. I think he's done here. I think every moment he remains here is a waste of time we could be spending to get a better head coach in here and getting things back on the right track.

And anyone who hasn't had a sneaking and growing suspicion that Bo wasn't the right guy over the past couple of seasons simply hasn't been paying attention. He's plainly incompetent and simply incapable of being the Head Coach at a program like Nebraska. Time to flush him and his staff and start over. If the new coach wants to keep Brown and Fisher, that's cool. Everyone else needs to leave immediately.

You mention about the thoughts creeping around my head and youre right. I've had the fear of it. But never really wanted to admit. I admit now I just kept making excuses. Mainly because I like Bo as a person and really wanted to see him get it done here. But now, after yesterday, I dont know how anyone can believe that he can anymore. It's just not getting better. Not that we lose, but it's how we lose. Disorganized. No passion or fire. Inserting a hurt qb when the backup and future are proven as more than capable. The mind-boggling management and decision making just makes my head hurt anymore.

How come when I told you this same exact thing, I was a Bo basher and that we can't fire a coach who wins 9 games even in the manner we would lose our 4 to 5 games?

You gotta quit shooting down the ideas of a coaching change and open your mind up a little bit. We're gettin quite sick of your sh#t already. There's nothing wrong with entertaining the idea of it. Doesnt necessarily mean it's gonna happen. Anything can happen with 5 games left. I know. I had your mindset not long ago, but I ask, how can you not the see the problems. Please man, take your blinders of and quit taking shots at those willing to entertain ideas of change.

I don't think it matters what Bo does now. I think he's done here. I think every moment he remains here is a waste of time we could be spending to get a better head coach in here and getting things back on the right track.

And anyone who hasn't had a sneaking and growing suspicion that Bo wasn't the right guy over the past couple of seasons simply hasn't been paying attention. He's plainly incompetent and simply incapable of being the Head Coach at a program like Nebraska. Time to flush him and his staff and start over. If the new coach wants to keep Brown and Fisher, that's cool. Everyone else needs to leave immediately.

You mention about the thoughts creeping around my head and youre right. I've had the fear of it. But never really wanted to admit. I admit now I just kept making excuses. Mainly because I like Bo as a person and really wanted to see him get it done here. But now, after yesterday, I dont know how anyone can believe that he can anymore. It's just not getting better. Not that we lose, but it's how we lose. Disorganized. No passion or fire. Inserting a hurt qb when the backup and future are proven as more than capable. The mind-boggling management and decision making just makes my head hurt anymore.

How come when I told you this same exact thing, I was a Bo basher and that we can't fire a coach who wins 9 games even in the manner we would lose our 4 to 5 games?

I was a little blind then. But dont pull the "I told you so card". That sh#t really pisses me off. For some, it just takes longer to see things. And, just because youre "right" doesnt make you the end all, say all.

What if Bo gets it straightened out? Can I come back here and tell you off?

You gotta quit shooting down the ideas of a coaching change and open your mind up a little bit. We're gettin quite sick of your sh#t already. There's nothing wrong with entertaining the idea of it. Doesnt necessarily mean it's gonna happen. Anything can happen with 5 games left. I know. I had your mindset not long ago, but I ask, how can you not the see the problems. Please man, take your blinders of and quit taking shots at those willing to entertain ideas of change.

I'm just presenting the other side of the coin. I fully understand there are issues. We've changed coaches three times since 1997 and still had issues. If I've taken shots at anyone, I apologize.....that's not my intent.

I was a little blind then. But dont pull the "I told you so card". That sh#t really pisses me off. For some, it just takes longer to see things. And, just because youre "right" doesnt make you the end all, say all.

What if Bo gets it straightened out? Can I come back here and tell you off?

No beacaue you joined me lmao. I'm not saying I told you so. I'm just saying to stop with the making people with differing opinions feel less knowledgeable because they disagree with you. You did it to me and now you're doing it to TheSker because he is still believes in Bo. You can have your opinion and still respects others.

:facepalm: Why is this always about wins and losses? This team quits!...before it starts! This team has no heart! This team doesn't even show up to play. The players admit this. I don't care if the team wins 6 games next season as long as the new coach has them giving their full effort. This team is lazy. That is simply unacceptable. It's not that hard. Poor effort = poor performance. Why can't you see this? (turns to everyone else) Why can't he see this?

1. Forget Saban, never going to happen as Bama and Texas can throw (10) times the $ at him then we could ever do.

2. Screw May and Holtz, don't spew your crap about our head coach ever (POS announcers)! Just like family, we can hammer our own with criticisms but anyone else outside of the program can f-off.

3. Mr. Accountability; I too like Bo a lot and have stood up for him more than most and have always hoped he would bring great success to our program. I am at a loss here because I gave him a pass and hoped that he would learn from his previous miss-deeds. He hasn't and this time I think will haunt him. Loyalty is one of his faults as well as stubbornness. I know he can't be stupid otherwise he would not understand the game as well as he does, so I say stubbornness rather than stupid.

He and his system have not worked, are not working and are showing no signs improvement. That goes beyond the X's and O's and includes making sure he has competent Coordinators, game plans and players who are leadership material and healthy enough to make a difference in the game.

His judgment appears to have failed him in multiple fronts; (short list below)

A. Playing players who he has loyalty too over those who make us a better team.

B. Hiring coordinators who have no experience on the staff and even after he recognizes this is an issue "keeps them at all cost"

C. Poor management of the program from the daily decisions down to the press conference bumbling.

D. Fielding a team that looks totally unprepared and sometimes like a Pop Warner club).

E. Being less than honest about many things (some acceptable/some not) example of not is --> TM playing with a much more severe injury than reported over healthy TA

I gave him a pass on the previous recording just because I know the intensity of the game can make people say and do things with little thought (heat of the moment comments), but if you were to include that on top of everything else mentioned, it brings me to the conclusion that Bo has run his course.

Would I give him a pass today? Probably not because in order to give him another pass, he would have to admit his schemes, teaching and handlings were wrong, lose his loyalty issue, fire some coordinators and bring in people who are teachers of the game. On top of that he would have to allow 100% control to those coordinators on who they bring in as assistants, the play calling and more. We all know Bo may admit he is still learning but to admit that "THE PROCESS" was a failure, I think would be too much for him to accept.

• Fire 3

I'm not going to speculate as to who our next HC should be. I only hope and pray that Eichorst is up to the task at hand, that he handles it in the Huskers best interests, and that it works out this time.

Pelini is and should be done here. He was provided ample opportunity and it didn't work. Next.