ESPN College Football Final Verdict: Should Bo Pelini be fired?

Nobody

Fortunately those in authority don't make knee jerk decisions. If Pelini goes, my expectation of the next coach would be no more than 2 losses starting their first season. No excuses. That way instead of a 6 year coaching carousel, we can hire a new coach every 2 seasons. Use a temp agency perhaps?

You gotta quit shooting down the ideas of a coaching change and open your mind up a little bit. We're gettin quite sick of your sh#t already. There's nothing wrong with entertaining the idea of it. Doesnt necessarily mean it's gonna happen. Anything can happen with 5 games left. I know. I had your mindset not long ago, but I ask, how can you not the see the problems. Please man, take your blinders of and quit taking shots at those willing to entertain ideas of change.

WOW, get butt hurt much! :facepalm:

• Fire 1

One thing came to mind when I watched this. I feel sorry for Bo. It must be painful for him to have his livelihood debated on national TV. It would be tough to be a public figure in this nation at this time. Imagine how tough it would be for Bo to sit through watching that.

Some of the older among those who post here (and maybe some of the younger too) have experienced at their work the hiring of someone who was unqualified for the job. When someone w/o the background experience comes in and are under-qualified, the hiring ends up being painful for everyone --- including the person hired. Bo never was a head coach and had questionable people skills when he was hired --- he was not qualified. When a person is asked to do what they do not have the skill set to do --- then they (and everyone) will struggle. Bo was thrust into a situation where he had no business being. And unfortunately for him (and Husker fans) it did not work out. For Bo, for NU... the merciful thing to do is end this quietly at seasons end. It must be agonizing for Bo... and I earnestly feel for him. He was asked to do what he could not do. He never should have been hired.

In a lot of ways I agree with this. I don't hate Bo or anything but he's just not cut out to be a head coach at least at Nebraska. I think he means well, he loves his players and his heart is in the right place. Being a coach at a high profile school is never an easy thing especially when you're losing. The expectations at Nebraska though are unique and losses like yesterday for example just won't cut it here.

Chris Petersen - not realistic

Gary Patterson - not realistic

Mark Richt - REALLY not realistic

Tim DeRuyter - not a big enough name

Bobby Petrino - a trainwreck in waiting

Mike Riley - meh

Craig Bohl - I'd just like to hear his response to the offer

Scott Frost - hiring him is like trying to nail a hot ex-g/f

Kirby Smart - not sure

Art Briles - he's a king where he is

Al Golden - maybe

Greg Schiano - hell no, he's a horrible coach

Charlie Strong - Don't think he'd come here

Jon Gruden - seriously?

Dan Mullen - maybe

Jim Tressel - Houston Nutt in a sweater vest

Dave Doeren - would him coming here make a difference?

Terry Bowden - not likely

I think Bo knows he has to lead the team to Indy and put up a fight. If he doesn't get there or is blown out again... it's over. Fans need to get behind him, behind this team, the players and Bo needs to do what he has to do to get his team back. If it means changing personnel, DO it now. Make the sacrifice because the program is bigger than any one player or coach.

I think Bo knows he has to lead the team to Indy and put up a fight. If he doesn't get there or is blown out again... it's over. Fans need to get behind him, behind this team, the players and Bo needs to do what he has to do to get his team back. If it means changing personnel, DO it now. Make the sacrifice because the program is bigger than any one player or coach.

This post is going to look hilarious in a 6 weeks. Indy? This team? This coach? Not a chance.

This post is going to look hilarious in a 6 weeks. Indy? This team? This coach? Not a chance.

Ditto. You really think that's possible? Putting aside the fact the coaches aren't good enough for such a task, the players aren't up to par.

I find it funny that it has taken this long to realize what we have.

A very emotional man, who would give his right arm for his kids.

A very hard worker, that takes loyalty to a fault.

Very hot headed, which I think hurts the University and recruiting. But deep down wants to restore Nebraska to our past glory, but unfortunately does not have the qualifications/knowledge/ability to do it, no matter how hard he works.

Did not have the ability to see the future of the job, where he could take it. He more than any new coach, needed qualified assistants, people in the game that had succeeded at it on the offensive and defensive side. He hired friends, using his new found power to promote those that were just like him. Looking for a first time chance.

I have been against Bo for these very reasons since day one. But I grew to hoping he would make it work. I hear the stories of how the kids love him, how he has recruited some very good kids for the future.

I will not say I want him fired yet. But for him to stay and have another chance, no matter the wins or losses, he has to surround himself with qualified, experienced staff members. If not, then he has to go. I agree with The skers, changing is not going to make things instantly better.

I wouldn't be surprised if talks with a select coach or two have been going on for maybe a month or longer. I bet Eichorst has a short list, I bet Bo knows where he's going and everyone is just waiting for the season to tick/tock down. The question for me is, what is the time to publically can Bo? I've always been a fire at the end of the season supporter, but maybe a call of action right now may help the national perception of the program? I'm not saying we have to hire immediately as I would hope that any coach Eichorst has in mind has plans through January and will uphold his commitment.

If we can get sweater vest, bring him in now. If not, wait until the season ends.

I wouldn't be surprised if talks with a select coach or two have been going on for maybe a month or longer. I bet Eichorst has a short list, I bet Bo knows where he's going and everyone is just waiting for the season to tick/tock down. The question for me is, what is the time to publically can Bo? I've always been a fire at the end of the season supporter, but maybe a call of action right now may help the national perception of the program? I'm not saying we have to hire immediately as I would hope that any coach Eichorst has in mind has plans through January and will uphold his commitment.

If we can get sweater vest, bring him in now. If not, wait until the season ends.

There's a better chance Bob Devaney rises from the grave to be our coach, then Tressel coming here. Same applies for Saban, Gruden, Strong, Smart, Peterson, Mendenhall, and whoever has been said. They're all pipe dreams, imo.

• Fire 1

Fortunately those in authority don't make knee jerk decisions. If Pelini goes, my expectation of the next coach would be no more than 2 losses starting their first season. No excuses. That way instead of a 6 year coaching carousel, we can hire a new coach every 2 seasons. Use a temp agency perhaps?

You gotta quit shooting down the ideas of a coaching change and open your mind up a little bit. We're gettin quite sick of your sh#t already. There's nothing wrong with entertaining the idea of it. Doesnt necessarily mean it's gonna happen. Anything can happen with 5 games left. I know. I had your mindset not long ago, but I ask, how can you not the see the problems. Please man, take your blinders of and quit taking shots at those willing to entertain ideas of change.

There's a better chance Bob Devaney rises from the grave to be our coach, then Tressel coming here. Same applies for Saban, Gruden, Strong, Smart, Peterson, Mendenhall, and whoever has been said. They're all pipe dreams, imo.

I don't know the details of the do not approach thing, but if that could be worked out, why wouldn't Tressel want this job? He knows how to beat Michigan, and he may enjoy beating OSU.

Bo gets a pass if he gets to eight wins - either in the regular season or with a bowl win.

Agreeing with Hercules in that it's dicey at six or seven wins.

Seven wins or less and it'll be up to how big a cesspool of lies, favoritism, bad chemistry, etc, Eichorst discovers.

Less than 9 wins and he's out. That means we lose two more regular season games and definitely do not make the CCG, and play int he insight bowl or some sh#t. Bo wont survive that. Or we lose maybe on more reg season game, but then we have to lose both the CCG and bowl again. Dont think he survives that either at this point. Be serious. He's set his standard at 9 wins minimum, and folks are tired of that. Anything less than that is reason to pull the plug.

The problem with breaking Bo off with less than nine wins - especially if he gets to 8-4 in the regular season - is that it makes Nebraska less attractive of a job than it already is. Personally, I think we get to 7-5 this year and who knows about the bowl. It's possible (but in my opinion, unlikely) that Eichorst deems the situation is so bad he decides to can Bo with one or two games left in the year.