The Mark Richt Campaign

After examining dozens of possible candidates, my personal preference is Mark Richt. He was born and raised in Omaha, grew up cheering for the Huskers, and still has family living in the state. He is a proven winner and a great recruiter, and he knows the types of athletes it takes to compete against SEC opponents. Fans in Georgia are looking for a change and this would give Richt a fresh start in a place he's familiar with, a place where he is loved and respected. My vote is for Richt!

• Fire 1

I don't buy that argument. There are no "gimmes" in the SEC. It's extremely difficult to go undefeated in that conference; even Bama has lost games during their championship years. He has won 2 SEC championships and been to 3 BCS bowls. He is a widely-respected coach, high character, and well-liked by pretty much everyone in the college football community. Plus he's a Nebraska son, grew up a fan of the Huskers, and would love to bring the program back to its former glory. What more could you want?

Richt was a great offensive coordinator at Florida State and has been a mediocre head coach given the amount of talent he has access to. In a way his career has followed a similar track to Pelini's and I feel he's better suited to be a coordinator than a head coach. I think he would be an improvement over Pelini, but so would virtually anyone at this point. I think we can do better.

Richt's best season as a coach was in 2002. He has 4 or more losses 3 of the last 4 seasons, and has 3 losses currently this season. He also has a losing record in 2010.

and he coaches in the toughest, most competitive conference in college ball...

Pelini would get his ass handed to him if we were in the SEC...we would be buzzard bait.

I don't buy that argument. There are no "gimmes" in the SEC. It's extremely difficult to go undefeated in that conference; even Bama has lost games during their championship years. He has won 2 SEC championships and been to 3 BCS bowls. He is a widely-respected coach, high character, and well-liked by pretty much everyone in the college football community. Plus he's a Nebraska son, grew up a fan of the Huskers, and would love to bring the program back to its former glory. What more could you want?

It's absolutely one thing if he was losing one game and they were to the Alabama's and LSUs of the world. It's another to lose to Clemson in your opener and to Mizzou and Vanderbuilt.

The guy that has all fhe talent in the world and can't win a really down SEC East this year? No thanks.

he would be a huge improvement over Pelini!

Richt is basically getting the same results as Bo with far superior natural recruiting advantages. The above is just not the case.