The Mark Richt Campaign

9 wins is an imaginary yardstick, Convieniently made by Bo supporters with nothing else to point to.

I have no idea if it's an imaginary yardstick or not. It's often referenced about our blowouts on national tv. I'm sure the national media wouldn't bother rehashing 2003 if we fire another 9 win coach.......after all, it's an imaginary yardstick.

Didn't we also hold a record for consecutive 9 win seasons as well once upon a time?? Something like 30 or some in a row?

think it was closer to 40...

Thanks Callahan...

So NUPolo isn't wrong though. It is an imaginary measuring stick in all reality. You don't get a trophy for winning 9 games a year. However we can safely say that it was in no way created by anyone on this board and was used long before Bo's time here. Right?

9 wins is an imaginary yardstick, Convieniently made by Bo supporters with nothing else to point to.

I have no idea if it's an imaginary yardstick or not. It's often referenced about our blowouts on national tv. I'm sure the national media wouldn't bother rehashing 2003 if we fire another 9 win coach.......after all, it's an imaginary yardstick.

Didn't we also hold a record for consecutive 9 win seasons as well once upon a time?? Something like 30 or some in a row?

Thanks Callahan...

So NUPolo isn't wrong though. It is an imaginary measuring stick in all reality. You don't get a trophy for winning 9 games a year. However we can safely say that it was in no way created by anyone on this board and was used long before Bo's time here. Right?

9 wins is a yardstick for a successful program. 9 wins means you've got a chance to be in the hunt for a conference title or be a darkhorse NC contender...

9 wins is a yardstick for a successful program. 9 wins means you've got a chance to be in the hunt for a conference title or be a darkhorse NC contender...

I agree with you. It's just odd that after we had such a long run of 9 win seasons and talked about it quite frequently that someone would say that it was "made up by Bo Pelini supporters." Its just flat out not the case.

Back to the Mark Richt discussion-could we realistically get him? And as for Scott Frost: Would he take the job if it was offered? While the Jim Tressel discussion is intriguing, I don't think it will happen. Right now our program is pristine when it comes to being a clean program. I doubt that the boosters will entertain ANYTHING that would besmirch that reputation. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

I really wish Bo would work out but I think that he's done-I think he's had enough of all of this and is ready to move on. I have no proof of this, no source on this, just gut feeling that he's had it. We'll see. In the meantime, this season could be salvaged. It would be very cool if we could win out but do we want to win out only to be humiliated once again on national tv against Ohio State? Blah!

Thanks Callahan...

That streak ended under Solich.

I was pretty meh with the Frost idea at first but in hindsight the possibility is growing on me. I think Frost could succeed here off two trains of thought.

One he is a very good recruiter. Sure as the HC you are more of a closer but it is more the line of thought he would know the type of recruiters he wants and the style to attack the recruiting front. It is no secret that Bo doesn't like recruiting any more than he has to. It was never his strong point as an assistant.

Secondly I have the sneaking suspicion that Frost would surround himself with quality/experienced coordinators. This is one of my main knocks against Bo and his lack of experienced coordinators trying to learn on the job. It is apparent Bo isn't able to handle having experienced coordinators on staff that that aren't complete yes men.

Time will tell what happens to Bo but I wouldn't be against either Richt if he came available or Frost even with his lack of experience.

As for the show cause, I think in light of the Miami situation, he could get that reduced. Didn't Miami's old basketball coach get a 5 GAME suspension for lying to the NCAA?

This is a huge head-scratcher. Why do some coaches get years-long show cause penalties while Haith gets a five-game suspension?

At some point Tuesday, former Tennessee basketball coach Bruce Pearl will surely read the section of the 102-page infractions report outlining the violations the NCAA believes Frank Haith committed while at the University of Miami.

It's probably safe to assume Pearl isn't going to like what he reads.

Pearl was fired from his job at Tennessee in 2011 and received a three-year show-cause penalty from the NCAA for lying to investigators about having a recruit attend a barbecue at his Knoxville home. Haith will sit for just the first five games of Missouri's 2013-14 season even though the list of violations the NCAA "factually concluded" he committed include authorizing a payment to a recruit, paying off a booster to stay quiet and attempting to cover up the violation when investigators began asking questions.

LINK

As for the show cause, I think in light of the Miami situation, he could get that reduced. Didn't Miami's old basketball coach get a 5 GAME suspension for lying to the NCAA?

This is a huge head-scratcher. Why do some coaches get years-long show cause penalties while Haith gets a five-game suspension?

At some point Tuesday, former Tennessee basketball coach Bruce Pearl will surely read the section of the 102-page infractions report outlining the violations the NCAA believes Frank Haith committed while at the University of Miami.

It's probably safe to assume Pearl isn't going to like what he reads.

Pearl was fired from his job at Tennessee in 2011 and received a three-year show-cause penalty from the NCAA for lying to investigators about having a recruit attend a barbecue at his Knoxville home. Haith will sit for just the first five games of Missouri's 2013-14 season even though the list of violations the NCAA "factually concluded" he committed include authorizing a payment to a recruit, paying off a booster to stay quiet and attempting to cover up the violation when investigators began asking questions.

LINK

Probably the most bizarre ruling in recent memory. The Miami scandal was probably the worst thing to happen in the history of collegiate sports...until Penn State. When it first broke, people were thinking they'd get the death penalty since their violations took place over nearly a decade and were repeatedly covered up. Then one of the most disgusting things ever to happen, sports or otherwise, gets uncovered at Penn State, and everyone puts Miami on the back burner. Meanwhile, they get good again, start making money again, and the NCAA lets them off the hook.

Off topic for this thread, I know. Uhh...Mark Richt, Scott Frost, other coaching stuff....we're good now right?