The Mark Richt Campaign

Except in 08.....

NU did not play UT

NU beat KU but they were in no way a top 5 team.

Lost to TT

And got flat out humiliated by Mizzou and OU

--so not the best argument

9 wins with a completely superior schedule in every way to what we will have in 2014.

Be better than 9 wins, or we've regressed. That simple.

Completely agree......contract for any new head football coach should come with a pink slip on the back page of the contract for any season 8 wins or less. Including his first season.

You would have fired Nick Saban for going 7-6 in his first year at Bama? And he lost to Louisiana-Monroe too. should have been fired I guess

This is not an Alabama discussion......but if Pelini had gone 7-6 his first season here, it would have been an improvement over Callahan's final season........this is a discussion about replacing a coach who has not won fewer than 9 games in any season he's coached here.

^ This.

You get rid of someone in order to find someone better. Not equal or worse.

^ This.

You get rid of someone in order to find someone better. Not equal or worse.

Well, like you said, it's a coin flip as to whether or not we'll get someone better.

You get rid of someone if they're not working out. You don't keep someone who's not working out because you're too scared to conduct a coaching search. If that's even an argument to keep Bo around, we can safely say he's not working out.

Not an argument either way and yes in my opinion it is a coin flip. I see it a lot like QBs in the draft. At a place like Nebraska, we don't have the luxury anymore of putting a list of the who's who of CFB together and choosing from those. We almost have to catch lightening in a bottle as we did with Devaney.

After examining dozens of possible candidates, my personal preference is Mark Richt. He was born and raised in Omaha, grew up cheering for the Huskers, and still has family living in the state. He is a proven winner and a great recruiter, and he knows the types of athletes it takes to compete against SEC opponents. Fans in Georgia are looking for a change and this would give Richt a fresh start in a place he's familiar with, a place where he is loved and respected. My vote is for Richt!

camron.gif

I still cant get over the number of folks that bitch about Bo coming here and not having the HC experience, and the just a few posts later state they want us to get Scott Frost as HC, like right frickin now.

BUT HE'S ONE OF OUR "OWN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still cant get over the number of folks that bitch about Bo coming here and not having the HC experience, and the just a few posts later state they want us to get Scott Frost as HC, like right frickin now.

It's funny isn't it? The double standards of this fanbase. They are probably the same people that booed Scott off the field in 96

Well I bet a lot of people would relish not getting 60 dropped on this team more times in a five year period than Temple.

9 wins is an imaginary yardstick, Convieniently made by Bo supporters with nothing else to point to. But if last Saturdays performance is prologue to future play, it should be leaving soon too.

There's a big difference between Scott and Bo, and that is that Bo's coaching star at the time was based completely on his status as an elite coordinator, while Scott's is almost completely on his general rising star as a coach.

Schools are after the Mike Leaches and Bo Pelinis and Will Muschamps and Chip Kellys of the world for their innovative and unparalleled schemes on one side of the ball, but from the outside looking in, it would seem to be other traits that are powering Frost's rise up the ranks. His next step probably isn't to try to make his mark as a coordinator somewhere on his own, but probably to take over at HC at some program that wants to take a chance on him; similar, I suppose, to Kingsbury at Texas Tech.

Except in 08.....

NU did not play UT

NU beat KU but they were in no way a top 5 team.

Lost to TT

And got flat out humiliated by Mizzou and OU

--so not the best argument

Played well enough to beat a solid VT team. Remember that was the game with the inexplicable back to back personal foul calls (ACC refs, go figure)

Went to OT with TTech and were potentially a QB brain fart from winning it, the week after the Mizzou debacle (which Bo admitted was due to his "over-coaching")

Beat an 8 win Kansas team. Sure they weren't the Orange Bowl Kansas from the year before, but they went to a bowl game.

Beat a tough Clemson team in a bowl game. Low(ish) scoring tight game against a major conference opponent

All of these are games that would've been sure losses in Callahan's final year. There wouldn't have even been a bowl game. Sure the OU and Mizzou blowouts don't look good, but NU was one season removed from not going to a bowl. That is to be expected in that year's shootout-oriented Big 12. Also, there was clear player development. Suh was a waste of space through his first two years. After his junior year, Pelini's first year, he was considering going pro.

There were obvious improvements over the previous year, which is what should be expected of a new hire, otherwise there is no purpose to making a change. That's the point being made here. Nitpicking is just annoying. Those teams were listed to say that the Big 12 was good that year and the schedule was challenging.

• Fire 1

Well I bet a lot of people would relish not getting 60 dropped on this team more times in a five year period than Temple.

9 wins is an imaginary yardstick, Convieniently made by Bo supporters with nothing else to point to. But if last Saturdays performance is prologue to future play, it should be leaving soon too.

As stated, I have taken a noncommittal approach to a hypothetical firing of our current staff. As stated in another thread, my posts shouldn't be read that I am defending anyone.

9 wins is an imaginary yardstick, Convieniently made by Bo supporters with nothing else to point to.

I have no idea if it's an imaginary yardstick or not. It's often referenced about our blowouts on national tv. I'm sure the national media wouldn't bother rehashing 2003 if we fire another 9 win coach.......after all, it's an imaginary yardstick.

9 wins is an imaginary yardstick, Convieniently made by Bo supporters with nothing else to point to.

I have no idea if it's an imaginary yardstick or not. It's often referenced about our blowouts on national tv. I'm sure the national media wouldn't bother rehashing 2003 if we fire another 9 win coach.......after all, it's an imaginary yardstick.

Didn't we also hold a record for consecutive 9 win seasons as well once upon a time?? Something like 30 or some in a row?

Didn't we also hold a record for consecutive 9 win seasons as well once upon a time?? Something like 30 or some in a row?

think it was closer to 40...

Thanks Callahan...