The Mark Richt Campaign

Kirby Smart

Or Pat Narduzzi. I'd take his defense any day of the week.

Or Bud Foster

I have a lot of respect for Bud Foster but I am beginning to wonder why he hasn't had a HC job yet.

I've always thought it had alot to do with him being the next in line after Beamer leaves, he seems to be pretty set on staying in Blacksburg. I may be wrong, but that's how it looks to me.

Kirby Smart

Or Pat Narduzzi. I'd take his defense any day of the week.

Or Bud Foster

I have a lot of respect for Bud Foster but I am beginning to wonder why he hasn't had a HC job yet.

I've always thought it had alot to do with him being the next in line after Beamer leaves, he seems to be pretty set on staying in Blacksburg. I may be wrong, but that's how it looks to me.

Probably right. I know he has interviewed for jobs but never got one so I thought there might be something more to it.

Before everybody starts making thier list of coaches they want, I think it is important to look at your qualifications for him. One thing some people talk about if this person having "Nebraska ties". I don't feel that this is a top qualification that the next coach has to have. I think it is more important that they be able to recruit and coach the players they have then whether or not they went to college here or have family living in Nebraska.

Before everybody starts making thier list of coaches they want, I think it is important to look at your qualifications for him. One thing some people talk about if this person having "Nebraska ties". I don't feel that this is a top qualification that the next coach has to have. I think it is more important that they be able to recruit and coach the players they have then whether or not they went to college here or have family living in Nebraska.

+1

The Nebraska ties requirement is pointless to me as well, I agree. It's a nice plus if we can get a good coach that has them, but otherwise, whatever.

Art Briles isn't going anywhere. Baylor won't let him. After beating the #1 Wildcats last year and being undefeated this year? Art is staying in Baylor.

Right now, Jim Tressel isn't coaching but rather has a non-athletic position at Akron. So one has to ask, does Tressel want another coaching job before asking can we make him our new head coach?

I don't think Tressel can interview for any coaching job in the NCAA for a little while longer.

his show cause ends dec of 2016.

from wikipedia (yes i know it's not the best source)

• Jim Tressel – The former head coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes, Tressel was forced to resign three months before the start of the 2011 season for lying to the NCAA about student athletes receiving tattoos and cash for signed memorabilia. According to the NCAA, he had four chances to tell the truth and failed to do so. For this, he was given a five-year show-cause penalty (until December 19, 2016). If he gets another head coaching job before then, he will have to sit out the first five games of the first regular season of his return, as well as any postseason games (including conference championship games and bowl games).[2]

• Fire 1

So, a new staff has a ton of young talent that has won 9-10 games a year since their time here and it isn't a reasonable expectation to expect a CC in year two? Why? Bo took a team that lost 7 games the year before and won 9 and then 10 and played for a CC. If you fire someone you better get someone better than the guy you fired. That isn't unreasonable is it???

I understand the concept of what you're saying, but if Bo is fired, it's not for what he did in 2008-2010. It's for 2011-2013. Similarly, if a new coach is hired, his progress wouldn't be measured in comparison to where Bo had the program in 2009. It would be measured with where he had the program in 2013.

Then that's completely ass-backwards.

But comparing Pelini's team to Cally in 2007 isn't? Where Bo leave's the team, will be where the next guy starts. His progress will be measured from that point.

I don't think Tressel can interview for any coaching job in the NCAA for a little while longer.

his show cause ends dec of 2016.

from wikipedia (yes i know it's not the best source)

• Jim Tressel – The former head coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes, Tressel was forced to resign three months before the start of the 2011 season for lying to the NCAA about student athletes receiving tattoos and cash for signed memorabilia. According to the NCAA, he had four chances to tell the truth and failed to do so. For this, he was given a five-year show-cause penalty (until December 19, 2016). If he gets another head coaching job before then, he will have to sit out the first five games of the first regular season of his return, as well as any postseason games (including conference championship games and bowl games).[2]

Thanks, I was too lazy to look it up.

+1

He can interview and take a job. The requirements for a school to hire him before Dec 17, 2016 are:

While the show-cause doesn't specifically prevent a team from hiring a coach, it does effectively serve as a ban in practice. Any school that employs Tressel must go before the NCAA infractions committee as to why it should be allowed to do so, and it could face its own sanctions as a result. The school also would have to issue a report to the committee every two months during the show-cause period detailing how it is monitoring the coach. Any additional violations committed by the coach during that time could really bring the NCAA hammer down on that school. And suffice it to say that most athletic programs don't want to spend any more time than absolutely necessary talking to the infractions people.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/56110/long-road-back-to-college-for-jim-tressel

So, a new staff has a ton of young talent that has won 9-10 games a year since their time here and it isn't a reasonable expectation to expect a CC in year two? Why? Bo took a team that lost 7 games the year before and won 9 and then 10 and played for a CC. If you fire someone you better get someone better than the guy you fired. That isn't unreasonable is it???

I understand the concept of what you're saying, but if Bo is fired, it's not for what he did in 2008-2010. It's for 2011-2013. Similarly, if a new coach is hired, his progress wouldn't be measured in comparison to where Bo had the program in 2009. It would be measured with where he had the program in 2013.

Then that's completely ass-backwards.

But comparing Pelini's team to Cally in 2007 isn't? Where Bo leave's the team, will be where the next guy starts. His progress will be measured from that point.

Say he wins 9 this year. What's the next guy have to do? Win 11? 12??

I'm not getting the hate in this thread. Richt straight-up beat Bo last year. He was 1 play away from having his team in the National Title game last year. He's coached in, and been successful in, the toughest conference that college football has ever seen. Sure, he has proximity to recruits. You know who else is nearby? Florida, Florida State, Alabama, South Carolina, Clemson, etc; not to mention, pretty much everyone recruits, or tries to recruit, Georgia.

The thing that gets me is that the big argument against Frost is that he's never been a HC. Neither has Kirby Smart. I think both of those guys are going to be fantastic head coaches, but the main argument I've heard against both is that "we don't want another guy learning on the job". Now, we're willing to hypothetically throw away a SUCCESSFUL SEC-level coach because his team (which has been destroyed by injuries this year) lost to Vandy and Missouri? I'm just not seeing it, guys. If the dominoes fall this way, and we have a shot at getting Richt, it would be colossally, monumentally idiotic not to pursue him.

• Fire 1