The Mark Richt Campaign

Before everybody starts making thier list of coaches they want, I think it is important to look at your qualifications for him. One thing some people talk about if this person having "Nebraska ties". I don't feel that this is a top qualification that the next coach has to have. I think it is more important that they be able to recruit and coach the players they have then whether or not they went to college here or have family living in Nebraska.

I agree to a point, but it you can get a proven HC that has shown he knows how to get a staff to recruit AND has NE ties and would have a full appreciation of the culture and values, that would be a HOME RUN IMO. I think Richt would be a good option. I get a bit of what EZ is saying, but he is glossing over what Richt has done in his entire time at UGA. What if Richt were to come and hire Frost as his OC? I think I could sign up for that.

I only see Frost coming here if he's offered HC. I think the moment he is offered HC, he'll take it, but I doubt he accepts anything less.

Based on his body of work so far as an OC, I would say he would be justified in his thinking.

Remember his body of work is pretty small though. Don't get me wrong, I really like Scott Frost but he hasn't even the OC for a complete year yet and people are talking about giving the keys to the kingdom. Pelini had more time as a DC and look how he has done with that?

I did say so far. And besides. Someone will come after him after this year. That's the way these jobs go anymore. Flavor of the day.

Based on his body of work so far as an OC, I would say he would be justified in his thinking.

I agree.

His whole half season.

So you think he should come here as a lateral move out of the goodness heart? That to me sounds a lot more far-fetched than him getting a HC job after one season as OC.

Ignoring my personal feelings about the individual, it really isn't a requirement he is associated with NU Football. I don't care if he never becomes our OC.

I've never been in the Frost camp to bring him back to NU.

I agree.

His whole half season.

So you think he should come here as a lateral move out of the goodness heart? That to me sounds a lot more far-fetched than him getting a HC job after one season as OC.

Ignoring my personal feelings about the individual, it really isn't a requirement he is associated with NU Football. I don't care if he never becomes our OC.

I've never been in the Frost camp to bring him back to NU.

I understand. I honestly don't have an opinion about him personally. I was just stating that based on what he is doing, I think he is justified to hold out for a HC job. Not necessarily saying the Husker job. Just any job.

I don't think Tressel can interview for any coaching job in the NCAA for a little while longer.

his show cause ends dec of 2016.

from wikipedia (yes i know it's not the best source)

• Jim Tressel – The former head coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes, Tressel was forced to resign three months before the start of the 2011 season for lying to the NCAA about student athletes receiving tattoos and cash for signed memorabilia. According to the NCAA, he had four chances to tell the truth and failed to do so. For this, he was given a five-year show-cause penalty (until December 19, 2016). If he gets another head coaching job before then, he will have to sit out the first five games of the first regular season of his return, as well as any postseason games (including conference championship games and bowl games).[2]

3929703483_i_m_okay_with_this_by_ambassad0r_d661e4e_answer_2_xlarge.png (if true)

• Fire 2

It took us beating us for Richt to beat Bo with a defense full of guys who are playing in the NFL and a QB who had the game of his life. No way can you use the game last year as an argument for Richt.

The argument against Frost is he hasn't even been a Coordinator for more than a season.

I can absolutely use it.

- Who is responsible for the make up of each team? Who "bought the groceries"?

- That QB that had "the game of his life" is going to be a first rounder in April. He would've been the first QB taken last April.

- Richt made adjustments at halftime, something Bo has shown to be rarely able to do.

Also, Frost has been a coordinator for a year, yes. How many years has Smart been a coordinator without Saban pulling his strings?

I don't think Tressel can interview for any coaching job in the NCAA for a little while longer.

his show cause ends dec of 2016.

from wikipedia (yes i know it's not the best source)

• Jim Tressel – The former head coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes, Tressel was forced to resign three months before the start of the 2011 season for lying to the NCAA about student athletes receiving tattoos and cash for signed memorabilia. According to the NCAA, he had four chances to tell the truth and failed to do so. For this, he was given a five-year show-cause penalty (until December 19, 2016). If he gets another head coaching job before then, he will have to sit out the first five games of the first regular season of his return, as well as any postseason games (including conference championship games and bowl games).[2]

3929703483_i_m_okay_with_this_by_ambassad0r_d661e4e_answer_2_xlarge.png (if true)

lol

Talked with a very prominent player for the Ducks. Helfrich does override some play calls just because he wants to show a certain look or get a specific player the ball. He also aids in building the game plan.

I also talked to him about Frost. Great coach, charismatic, absolute players coach. Overall the team likes Helf and Frost more than Chip.

Everything I have heard makes me think Frost will be a great head coach someday, but I don't know when that day is. I would be open to interviewing him, not because of his name, but because of who he is...the OC who understands, can teach and install Oregon's offense, while being charismatic and preaching physicality. He is a very solid recruiter ans seems to be more of a "leader/manager" than a strictly offensive or defensive coach.

That said, Petrino and Tressel are the top of my wishlist. And yes I know everyone hates Petrino.

• Fire 1

Talked with a very prominent player for the Ducks. Helfrich does override some play calls just because he wants to show a certain look or get a specific player the ball. He also aids in building the game plan.

I also talked to him about Frost. Great coach, charismatic, absolute players coach. Overall the team likes Helf and Frost more than Chip.

Everything I have heard makes me think Frost will be a great head coach someday, but I don't know when that day is. I would be open to interviewing him, not because of his name, but because of who he is...the OC who understands, can teach and install Oregon's offense, while being charismatic and preaching physicality. He is a very solid recruiter ans seems to be more of a "leader/manager" than a strictly offensive or defensive coach.

That said, Petrino and Tressel are the top of my wishlist. And yes I know everyone hates Petrino.

Tressel is very interesting. The thing that bothers me more than his show-cause is the fact that he's 60. That could be 5 years here, if successful, it could be 15.

Hypothetically, what it could do is give Frost more time to season and possibly be the next hire when Tressel would leave.

It took us beating us for Richt to beat Bo with a defense full of guys who are playing in the NFL and a QB who had the game of his life. No way can you use the game last year as an argument for Richt.

The argument against Frost is he hasn't even been a Coordinator for more than a season.

I can absolutely use it.

- That QB that had "the game of his life" is going to be a first rounder in April. He would've been the first QB taken last April.

- Richt made adjustments at halftime, something Bo has shown to be rarely able to do.

Also, Frost has been a coordinator for a year, yes. How many years has Smart been a coordinator without Saban pulling his strings?

I am not saying Richt isn't responsible. I am saying that Richt with as much talent as he has every single year should be able to beat a team that didn't have a single kid get taken in the first round by more than 10 points. He would have lost to us has Ameer held the ball. Purely stupid to honestly think Richt is an improvement.

Applying your logic, how long as Frost even been an offensive assistant without Chip Kelly or Helfrich there?

I can absolutely use it.

I am not saying Richt isn't responsible. I am saying that Richt with as much talent as he has every single year should be able to beat a team that didn't have a single kid get taken in the first round by more than 10 points. He would have lost to us has Ameer held the ball. Purely stupid to honestly think Richt is an improvement.

Applying your logic, how long as Frost even been an offensive assistant without Chip Kelly or Helfrich there?

We had playmakers in that game who were underclassmen or non draft eligible juniors. It's not like we were a scrub team putting yards on them. And we very well weren't guaranteed a victory by Ameer not fumbling. Now THAT is an idiotic assumption. I guess if Hundley didnt make a nice play at halftime on us we wouldn't have lost to UCLA either?

• Fire 1

I kinda like the idea of Tressell coming in as HC and Frost being OC-HC in waiting (something I think he would make the lateral move for to his alma mater). Frost would be HC the first 5 games and the postseason. Plenty of experience without a lot of pressure. then let him learn under Tressell for a few years before he leaves into the Ohio sunset and we win 17 straight ships!

Tressel is very interesting. The thing that bothers me more than his show-cause is the fact that he's 60. That could be 5 years here, if successful, it could be 15.

Hypothetically, what it could do is give Frost more time to season and possibly be the next hire when Tressel would leave.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. Tressel gets us back on the map, winning, and instills a culture here. He sticks around for 5-6 years, wins "something", and then when he retires, our HC prospects are a lot more fruitful than they would be right now. It even gives us the possibility of hiring a proven Scott Frost, that way we don't have to experiment with him as first time HC.

• Fire 1

I can absolutely use it.

In terms of Frost vs. Smart, they have the same amount of HC experience, which is a gigantic sticking point with a lot of people. That's the point. Has Smart been an assistant longer than Frost? Yes, but that's partially due to Frost playing in the NFL. I think both are going to be great HCs, but they're at the same position in terms of their experience. That's the point I'm trying to make.

You're completely discounting the talent we have on this team. We do have talented players. We had talented players last year. It's a testament to the talent of last year's team that we played with (and were beating) Georgia for 2.5 quarters last year. It's not going to take much to get this team over the hump. But.... they did beat us by more than 10. 14, to be exact. This after Richt made adjustments and got his team in the proper position to beat us. As to you're point about Richt not being an improvement over Bo....he's got 2 conference championships, and 6 division titles in the SEC. Bo has 0 conference titles and 3 division titles, in 2 pretty watered-down conferences.

Like I said before, if Bo is shown the door, and we have an opportunity to get Richt, and we don't explore it, it would be a colossal mistake.