The Mark Richt Campaign

I don't buy that argument. There are no "gimmes" in the SEC. It's extremely difficult to go undefeated in that conference; even Bama has lost games during their championship years. He has won 2 SEC championships and been to 3 BCS bowls. He is a widely-respected coach, high character, and well-liked by pretty much everyone in the college football community. Plus he's a Nebraska son, grew up a fan of the Huskers, and would love to bring the program back to its former glory. What more could you want?

It's absolutely one thing if he was losing one game and they were to the Alabama's and LSUs of the world. It's another to lose to Clemson in your opener and to Mizzou and Vanderbuilt.

Clemson, Mizzou, and Vandy would all beat Nebraska. Once again I reiterate that there are no "gimmes" in the SEC, well except for maybe Kentucky, and even they are on the up-and-up.

• Fire 1

IMO Richt is one of the most overrated coaches in the SEC. The state of Georgia is loaded with talent and half the guys go else where, everyone says he can recruit but thats like saying Mack Brown is a great recruiter, well he should be he never has to leave the state to get any players. Nebraska doesnt have that in state talent and i dont see Richt doing anything great to go and sit with big name kids and convince them to play here. He doesnt have anything on his resume that sticks out, well besides coaching in the SEC which to me is a very overrated conference that ESPN tries to make me care about. If you look at his team they lose 2 games a year that you scratch your head about, Vandy? The other thing that is evident is his teams will flat out quick, every 3 or 4 years its quote "their year" and they loose on early and get sad and tank the season and go 9-4 and beat some crappy B1G team in a bowl. To me this does no scream great coach.

The guy that has all fhe talent in the world and can't win a really down SEC East this year? No thanks.

he would be a huge improvement over Pelini!

How!?

You cant possible be that dense, can you? We just got man handled by F'in MINNESOTA. Not sure if you watched the game, but Paul Rhoades could have won that game with all of our talent.

I don't buy that argument. There are no "gimmes" in the SEC. It's extremely difficult to go undefeated in that conference; even Bama has lost games during their championship years. He has won 2 SEC championships and been to 3 BCS bowls. He is a widely-respected coach, high character, and well-liked by pretty much everyone in the college football community. Plus he's a Nebraska son, grew up a fan of the Huskers, and would love to bring the program back to its former glory. What more could you want?

It's absolutely one thing if he was losing one game and they were to the Alabama's and LSUs of the world. It's another to lose to Clemson in your opener and to Mizzou and Vanderbuilt.

Clemson, Mizzou, and Vandy would all beat Nebraska. Once again I reiterate that there are no "gimmes" in the SEC, well except for maybe Kentucky, and even they are on the up-and-up.

That wasn't the argument whether or not that those teams would beat NU. It is whether Richt is an improvement or not. It isn't a matter of those three teams beating us, it's whether they have any business beating Georgia. The answer is no. They shouldn't beat Georgia, a school committed to football with a ton of resources and just miles away from all the talent in the world. Richt is in no way shape or form an improvement.

The guy that has all fhe talent in the world and can't win a really down SEC East this year? No thanks.

How!?

You cant possible be that dense, can you? We just got man handled by F'in MINNESOTA. Not sure if you watched the game, but Paul Rhoades could have won that game with all of our talent.

Paul Rhoades and those really tough Cyclones are one week removed from scoring 7 points on literally one of the worst defenses I've ever seen in Baylor. Really tough time believing that.

I'm sure Mark Richt has NEVER one time lost to a team he shouldn't have. Wait....

How!?

Paul Rhoades and those really tough Cyclones are one week removed from scoring 7 points on literally one of the worst defenses I've ever seen in Baylor.

Ours is worse.

Richt was a great offensive coordinator at Florida State and has been a mediocre head coach given the amount of talent he has access to. In a way his career has followed a similar track to Pelini's and I feel he's better suited to be a coordinator than a head coach. I think he would be an improvement over Pelini, but so would virtually anyone at this point. I think we can do better.

This

UGA is a great job, hell of a lot easier to recruit at than here, and he's been there a long time, he hasn't been able to get them quite over the hump. Why think he'd do it here? If he comes here it's because this season went just that bad and they can him. When was the last time some other other program's cast-off won big?

IMO he'd probably have fewer ugly games than Bo but around the same amount of losses. We'd be a top25 but not championship-level team.

How!?

Paul Rhoades and those really tough Cyclones are one week removed from scoring 7 points on literally one of the worst defenses I've ever seen in Baylor.

Ours is worse.

Just not the case.