Tunnel Walk of Shame Speaks Out

Landlord

You Can Be Mad at Bo. But Don’t Stop There.

Maybe you do fire Bo Pelini. Really. I’m not being sarcastic here. This under-performing program is at an incredibly frustrating, stagnant place. Maybe it’s worth trying to fight Texas, USC and lord-knows-who-else for Chris Petersen and Gary Patterson and Craig Putterson. OK that last one was fake. Maybe the leftover bones from that dogfight (because face it, we’re not in Peterson or Patterson’s top 3) really are better than Bo.

I don’t know if that’s the right thing to do. Neither do you. Bo probably doesn’t know if he’s the right guy to move this program forward right now and I have my doubts that Shawn Eichorst, Harvey Perlman or your drunk uncle do, either. So let’s leave those prognostications aside for a moment. This article is about what we’re not talking about, which is everything BUT Bo Pelini.

http://www.tunnelwal...dont-stop-there

I think this guy gets it.

Edited by knapplc
Pared down quote per board rules.
  • Fire 6

I don't think the Husker brand is something that needs fixed. The brand is fine, and when it is at its best (aka. spring game Jack Hoffman run, winning the ESPY), it is something that really is amazing. The in-game experience can be spiced up for sure. We definitely need something between third and fourth quarters to get the stadium and the team hyped up to finish the game.

Thats spot on.

Also...Somebody seriously called one of our players a “COMMUNIST BITCHWEED f#*k ASS”?? My god...What is wrong with people.

He may have made it up simply to make a point.

I was hoping that was the case. I dont follow much on twitter.

Yeah, I mean I'm sure there were some pretty hasty comments made to players that came close to that one, but I doubt that he referenced an actual tweet.

Being nice to people when they visit our stadium is just a baseline expectation of human decency. Don’t applaud yourself for it. Just do it. “Execute,” as a fan. Be supportive, loud, consistent. If you feel the need to criticize, do it the right way, and at the right time. You know, like an adult would.

Best part of the article

As much as there is that needs to be fixed, don't get the idea that it is too far-fetched for the right coach/coaching staff to come and and start making the seemingly tertiary things happen. Coaches at places like Nebraska, Alabama, etc. have a lot of influence over these other aspects IF they put in the time to appeal to those working in these areas. I guarantee you that if (when) Saban (did) walk into some of the graphics or music, etc. offices and demanded a change to pump up the crowd and the players, it would (did) happen. Getting the right coach in who would care about that kind of stuff would go a long way.

Thats spot on.

Also...Somebody seriously called one of our players a “COMMUNIST BITCHWEED f#*k ASS”?? My god...What is wrong with people.

My sources tell me there are 57 card-carrying Communist Bitchweeds working in the Athletic Department.

We need to reclaim "Go Big Red" from those pinko bastards!

"Nebraska has to rethink the story it’s telling to the world – and how it tells it. That story can and should still be about tradition, but it has to become more active, more alive and more relevant. It’s a football program, not a museum."

This is the part that caught my eye the most. I agree 100% with this part. Everything involving the team seems like a routine. Nothing really ever changes and this includes the game day experience too. Time to switch things up.